Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Getting colder again out there now. Seems to be icy patches on the road now too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Thaw's begun here, temperature's at 0.5oC, can hear dripping coming from outside.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Superb snow event- best I can remember since I was bothered about weather (10 years or so).

About time Nottingham got some proper snow at last!

All buses are cancelled, roads are unpassable and everyone is just out having a snowball fight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

yup same here. pretty much got what they forecast, around 10cm or 3 inches. main road is a mess though. side roads even worse. a lot of snow on them. its still snowing but back to small flakes although still pretty heavy. i think i am gonna call it a night. its been well worth the wait and i hope everyone is happy with the snow they got. night all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

There's 8cm depth but I want the skies to clear soon to prevent a thaw! The snow turning to rain and 1c was certainly overestimated for me at least, as im currently sitting at 0.5c with no thaw.

Edited by Tellow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Best I can remember here in Leicester too. It's pretty unusual for leicester/notts to fair as well as other areas in the midlands. I measured 7cm about an hour before it stopped, wouldn't be surprised if we had 8 or 9cm in total.

Just really light particles of ice falling now. Definitely ice as it bounces off my hand when i'm outside. Very slight that on though, temps are just about freezing. Can here one or two drips once in a while.

Very happy overall :) Well done MetO for predicting the coverage and snow amounts so accurately.

Edited by kmanmx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

Best I can remember here in Leicester too. It's pretty unusual for leicester/notts to fair as well as other areas in the midlands. I measured 7cm about an hour before it stopped, wouldn't be surprised if we had 8 or 9cm in total.

Just really light particles of ice falling now. Definitely ice as it bounces off my hand when i'm outside. Very slight that on though, temps are just about freezing. Can here one or two drips once in a while.

Very happy overall :) Well done MetO for predicting the coverage and snow amounts so accurately.

I live a few miles to the west of Leicester, but my village is on a hill so it generally does good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Great to see the snowploughs in use tonight here. :D

Posted

blizzards what! my mum lives i n sedgley max 3 inches

About 8 - 10cm here but plenty of snow on the roads. Snowploughs obviously not clearing loads but will help for the morning im sure.

Posted

Only a few cm here in the end and turned to freezing rain/ice pellets then back to snow then to plain rain this evening, skies are clearing now though which should hopefully prevent anymore thawing!

Posted

Temperature back below freezing now and along with it the DP back to -1c again. :lol:

Posted

Only a few cm here in the end and turned to freezing rain/ice pellets then back to snow then to plain rain this evening, skies are clearing now though which should hopefully prevent anymore thawing!

The moon is out, most of this afternoon's ice is still on lying on the pavement- no snow at all here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still getting gradually milder here -- up to +0.9 °C now and still (slowly) rising. Steady thaw underway, though not a fast one now the rain's stopped, so I'd imagine there's a chance tomorrow will count as a "snow lying at 09.00" day!

It's been a pretty decent event here. I was hoping for 5 cm and got 8 in the end. And although it wasn't heavy, I did experience hours on end of daylight snow, which itself isn't that common. Probably a total of around 8 hours of snow from the first tiny flakes at 11.30-ish to it turning to rain at 19.30-ish. Not bad!

Goodnight, everyone. I wonder whether we'll be doing this all again in a few days!

Posted

Still getting gradually milder here -- up to +0.9 °C now and still (slowly) rising. Steady thaw underway, though not a fast one now the rain's stopped, so I'd imagine there's a chance tomorrow will count as a "snow lying at 09.00" day!

It's been a pretty decent event here. I was hoping for 5 cm and got 8 in the end. And although it wasn't heavy, I did experience hours on end of daylight snow, which itself isn't that common. Probably a total of around 8 hours of snow from the first tiny flakes at 11.30-ish to it turning to rain at 19.30-ish. Not bad!

Goodnight, everyone. I wonder whether we'll be doing this all again in a few days!

Lets hope ' :p 14 cms in Northants tonight.. never thought it would end... the curbs have disappeared

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Average depth here was 12.4cm when the snow stopped around 2230. No thaw overnight but the lying snow has compacted slightly; still very light and powdery though.