Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Temperature at 0.3c now and a DP at -1c... again! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Temperature at 0.3c now and a DP at -1c... again! :lol:

2.4C here sky fully cloudy, your sky cloudy? reached 4.5C here today so a partial thaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What do we reckon on the chances of next weeks football fixtures being affected too? Looks like some cold nights this week, frozen pitch possibilities me thinks?

Posted

What do we reckon on the chances of next weeks football fixtures being affected too? Looks like some cold nights this week, frozen pitch possibilities me thinks?

only non league matches, walsall likely to be okay, but yeah cold nights coming up,

Posted

Horrible day here today. Thick fog all day & a gradual thaw of the snow. Still covered everywhere, & the fog's actually lifted in the last hour. See that Thorncliffe is reporting 2c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

6825809661_a8bd355161.jpg6825809711_833ab8990a.jpg

Yes, it was one of those days where ypu just curled up on the sofa and kept warm............NOT.

Leicester was bathed in horrible fog, you can see it on the lower photo, sometimes you just have to go and find that sunshine.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Most of the snow from the back garden has gone now....mind you, building a 7ft tall snowman might have had something to do with it!....lol

Posted

18Z high pressure dominated -7C minimums showing from tues night, similar week coming up to last week, but bad thing no Atlantic attack for the weekend, looks like a snow free 10+ days coming up

Posted

For what its worth, seeing as everyone seems to have given up, we have snow grains here currently, temp -0.4C, dew -0.6C. Radar seems to be perking up, that stuff over Grantham must at least be a wintery mix.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Man oh man, what an event that was! Just got home after staying at my Girlfriends over the Weekend and i'd say around 9-10cm fell in total on Saturday and there has been a slight thaw since but only on the roads, the pavements and grass is still covered and hasn't really thawed at all there. Hopefully the snow can last for today with 4c forecast and then tomorrow onwards it looks like being very cold again with 1-2c daytime max's and -6 or so night time minima's. so it shouldn't have a danger of melting for the next 5 days or so, fingers crossed!

Couldn't believe how long it snowed for though, it started here at roughly 3pm and finished around 10:40pm, I cannot remember the last time I saw over 7 hours of snowfall continuous! I made a snowman though, naturally :winky: and I took some pictures of the snow on my flashy new phone that I got on Saturday, great timing that was, it's got an 8 mega pixel camera :D

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Good snowfall saturday afternoon and evening.................shame about it being short lived............

Looks as though there could be some more opportunities for some decent snowfalls in the next couple of weeks though with the low temps and the east/west split. :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Still snow lying here, though probably not for long as it's drizzling and up to 4.7 °C -- already higher than the 4 °C max predicted on the MetO regional forecast, and it's only just gone 10 am! Two days running that forecast's been significantly too low for here. That said, I didn't expect to have two mornings with full snow cover, so it's hard to complain too much. Almost certainly the best snow event we'll get this winter (especially looking at the model horror show this morning!) so I'm glad it was a good 'un. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Snow disappearing fast here, it's 3.70C and rising, along with light rain falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Dont worry arctic colder continental air coming back into the midlands tomorrow, it will freeze any remaining snow/slush.

No zonality for us midlanders for a few weeks yet, staying cold.

Trouble is, Eugene, there won't be "any remaining snow" if this rain keeps up. And I have zero interest in looking out at little patches of frozen slush for days on end; I'd rather have sunny weather like earlier last week.

Posted

down to about 1cm left from the 10 that was lying 36hours ago shame the snow wasnt followed by freezing temps.

Posted

Some rainfall moving through leicester now by the looks of it, wont do any favours for snowcover there anyway despite this potential for some snow tomorrow??

post-6740-0-81172100-1328534333_thumb.pn post-6740-0-60127700-1328534341_thumb.pn

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted

amazing amount of snow still left at ST Albans road, Astonfields Stafford, dont think ive ever seen as much there! still more snow elsewhere around Stafford than I would have thought, wish I had camera

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder storms and hot summer days with a cool breeze

I live in Hartshill (180m asl) and work in Leicester (90 asl). I am surprised by the amount of snow still lying in the Leicester suburbs compared to what we have left in Hartshill.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

Well this weekend shows that dreams do come true, it was wonderful! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I live in Hartshill (180m asl) and work in Leicester (90 asl). I am surprised by the amount of snow still lying in the Leicester suburbs compared to what we have left in Hartshill.

It's awesome ain't it :D Even though the thaw has set in on the roads and pavements.. There's still about 5cm left on the grass in my back garden, hoping that can hang on today because it could stay there until the Weekend at least.