Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted

Definite risk of heavy snow across the midlands and eastwards between 60 and 72 hours on the meto!!temps of 0 on friday and -1 the night before under heavy precipitation!!oh and upper temps of -2!!perfect!!here we go again!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

The temperature is dropping rapidly now after a few snow flurries between 15:00 - 16::00.

Temperature has already fallen to 0.8C here with cloud cover (from max of 3.2C at 15:00)

Expected to drop very rapidly now with clearing skies.

If you want to see how dry and cold the air is that is coming just pop into the London and SE thread where dp's of -10C are already being reported. Essex is reporting temps of -5 and falling very rapidly.

I've been out to put the covers on the fish ponds and also put in the poolo heater for the first time this winter!!

Wife says can she pit the extra heating on and I said NO!!!

MIA.

Posted

Can't see things getting as cold as forecast here unless the cloud clears, the fog however is finally gone.

Very cold today, max of 0.5c

Posted

No snow tonight or this weekend guys! a small risk Thursday Night-Friday but very marginal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

cant see any snow friday, uppers are just above 0C, hopefully GFS still right as it keeps us dry, but meto/bbc has the front moving east with rain and mild air

tonight, cloudy so cant see where the -7C coming from

Posted

cant see any snow friday, uppers are just above 0C, hopefully GFS still right as it keeps us dry, but meto/bbc has the front moving east with rain and mild air

tonight, cloudy so cant see where the -7C coming from

Posted

Great looking charts Tonight..the big 3 kind of agree out to T+144.

As for snow chances? meto has me down for light snow Thursday and Friday. we all know that can change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thursday night is a bit of a change!!! Probably will change but if the set up comes off as per predicted now then a very decent chance of some some snow across much of the Midlands imo. Mostly light snow it seems but with an Easterly feed of sorts with those low dewpoints again I wouldnt be surprised to see at least some frontal edge snowfall.

Personally I expect the front to be kept to the North and West for now but one to watch for as It may give a surprise couple of cm etc. :)

Posted

Very cold night coming up -10 somewhere in the midlands i think. shame we have no snow to preserve anymore, coulda done with the cold temps 48hours ago

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

hmm very doubtful uppers arnt cold enuff

The uppers were higher than -5c last Saturday but the dewpoints are low and with an Easterly hopefully battling against this, I certainly see potential for snow.

Posted

ECM has prolonged light snow - moderate for a time between Thursday night and Saturday night here. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy Winters and cool, wet Summers

-1.2c here, was only -0.7 just a few minutes ago.

Posted

There may be a possible snow event on Thursday evening and Friday according to the 5 day Met Office Forecast for my area. It claims that it's going to be sleet on Thursday and Friday night but shows snow in Friday daytime. The uppers are probably quite marginal but we'll just have to see. It could get interesting though I don't think it's going to beat the snow event we had in the weekend.

In the very short time, we've got a very very cold night coming tonight and similarly the same applies to tomorrow night.

Edited by fourseasons

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

The temperature has really started to plummet in the last hour or so. -4.1C. Cloud will be spilling in from the east though, so the minimum temperature will be recorded much earlier in the night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

It'll be interesting to see what the min is tonight. Here, I still just about have full snow cover in the back garden (today's max of 2.2 °C and no sun helped there -- it's a north-facing garden) though in truth it's more like a crust of frozen slush. Not that cold yet, though, at -0.3 °C.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Currently -2.0oC and slowly falling.

Posted

For the first time ever I'm going to say I need it to warm up this weekend and rain! Please. Midlands Rugby Cup Semi-final on Saturday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

partly cloudy -1.7C, looks like cloudy tomorrow as well, still bits of snow left, so not a complete thaw, but E areas no thaw at all