Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 4

A.J

Posted

Quite excited about this possible event. Andy in Leicester will have to walk up the street and dig my in-laws out. :-) Bring it on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Yes, bring it on, and not too long a wait either! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Quite excited about this possible event. Andy in Leicester will have to walk up the street and dig my in-laws out. :-) Bring it on.

:rofl: :rofl: Still can't believe your in laws live on my road, small world ain't the word!

I don't know when you last came here but there is still quite a lot of snow left on the green at the top of the road, also still mounds of snow left on the pavement where people had swept Saturday nights snowfall into a pile!

Posted

I was in Leicester yesterday Andy, yes it almost looks like you had more than us in Bagworth. (We have moved from Ibstock) Was very surprised to see the forecast this morning. The weekend was fantastic but this has the potential to surpass this. Am I right in thinking the timing is Thurs going into Fri? A chaotic start to work on Friday, could see most schools closed if the predicted amounts happen. They were saying 20cms this morning!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

You can bin the gfs for this snow event, its way too far east compared to every other model. And it was completely wrong for the weekend forecast, having the snow area way too restricted. I get heavy snow either way, but I would expect to see the snow area further west than the gfs wants. 20cm sounds very exciting, this is probably because the front is stalling and providing prolonged snowfall in certain areas. If I get that on top of the dumping i already have, that would be some seriously deep snow. NAE the model to watch in this setup, GFS was useless last weekend.

Edited by Zakos

Posted

I was in Leicester yesterday Andy, yes it almost looks like you had more than us in Bagworth. (We have moved from Ibstock) Was very surprised to see the forecast this morning. The weekend was fantastic but this has the potential to surpass this. Am I right in thinking the timing is Thurs going into Fri? A chaotic start to work on Friday, could see most schools closed if the predicted amounts happen. They were saying 20cms this morning!!!

Yes it looks to be Thursday night into Friday at the moment, the timing could change though! I really do hope it does snow here on Thursday night, my Girlfriend works at a school in Loughborough and she has a 20 mile round trip every day, she said she'd absolutely love a day off work because of the snow. So I want the snow for 2 reasons, for the fact I love snow anyway and for the fact it would make her happy to get the day off!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

hopefully GFS useless yeah, fax charts seem to have the front over our area and not even reaching the SE? cant see how that is correct?

unless they are out of date, I view fax charts on netweather chart viewer, they do not seem correct

Posted

Just wondering if the BBC forecast had snow for my location as im technically inbetween E Midlands/E Anglia?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Not quite sure how accurate the GEM model is but it has snow as far West as Wales!

gem-2-54.png?00

Andy, do the charts show if the snowfall extends down into NE France on its travels?

My fella's got to go over Friday through to Tuesday - should he pack his snow chains I wonder?

Posted

Andy, do the charts show if the snowfall extends down into NE France on its travels?

My fella's got to go over Friday through to Tuesday - should he pack his snow chains I wonder?

It doesn't really appear to go that far, there does look like a chance of light snow extending into North East France on Friday/Saturday but nothing more than that.

Posted

MetO has got me down for light snow thursday night, Heavy snow Friday (day) and light snow Friday Night.

Saturday night they have me down for -10

Edited by lancs_northants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

just seen weather with Carol Kirkwood, did look promising for whole midlands! but of course did highlight the uncertainty and to keep watching forecasts

Posted

Hopefully this time if we get some snow we can get some cold temps soon after. Don't wanna see 10cms of snow melt in jus under 48 hours again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

It doesn't really appear to go that far, there does look like a chance of light snow extending into North East France on Friday/Saturday but nothing more than that.

Thanks chap :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I really feel i dont no where i belong, im technically in gloucestershire , so i get my local southwest weather forecasts, yet i never get there weather so i pay attention to the mids thred, im acutally further east than b'ham and only 25miles from oxford ! Quite odd really!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

This snow event looks good i hope we get another snow cover in brum and it lasts mor than 24hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

based on current output, I just can't get excited for any 'battleground' scenario thursday night/friday, and TBH the thread is in danger of over ramping.....The angle of frontal attack is all wrong, there is good surface cold, but no deep cold pool (uppers are either marginal or the wrong side of marginal) dewpoints & wet bulb temps look too marginal, if anything, for our region I'd be more concerned about freezing rain, especially in the west....with the chance of sleet for lower level of the east midlands, and snow for areas with good elevation in the east midlands.......Of course, subsequent hi-res runs might change the game plan totally and show things as much more favourable, but for now, too many parameters against a snow event for my liking...sorry