Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 9

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

strong drifting here.....back door snowed over.... maybe 6-7cm coming down hard..... covered over

I want 10 inches! :p

Posted

Just sitting here watching the radar and chuckling to myself, the French must be willing the snow over to them almost like we do in the Summer when those damn T-Storms die out over the Channel.

Karma I tell you Karma! :p:rofl: :rofl:

Posted

Getting bored of these small flakes. Even 5p ones would be nice. Still shouldnt moan really, but wont be anywhere near 10cm unless it picks up over next couple of hours.

Posted

Last 30 mins or so have seen tonights snow in London SE12, at its heaviest.

Regards,

Tom.

Good news for me as well, I think we are just entering the heaviest phase of the night, could be an hour or so of very decent snowfall.

Posted

11cm here, I just went out and measured it. About 5" in old money.

Car is buried and if the kids think I am picking them up in the morning they can think again. Too many people can't drive in Snow!

I was taught to drive in the winter of '82 so I HAD to learn. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.

Fantastic snow event in Harrow , North West London. A lot of vehicles stuck due to 4 - 6 ins of snow and possibly 8 ins ! Not joking either . WOW ! ! !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Can someone advise is it progressing nicely into se corner / slowing /stalling (if so where) / fizzling out

Thank u kindly !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Snow really has picked up now, probably getting closer to the back-end of the frontal precip, however there is considerable convective style precip just behind the front, so could easily see some more decent snowfall...

Good night overall!!

Same here. On the 'Murr Scale' I would say a good 10.5 at the moment. Biggest flakes of the night but the radar (Raintoday) seems to show the precip de-intensify?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm sunny days, tons of snow!

would say about 3 - 4cm here now, finally getting bigger flakes and more intense, at least the cars have stopped messing up my snow!!!! lol

Posted

Fantastic snow event in Harrow , North West London. A lot of vehicles stuck due to 4 - 6 ins of snow and possibly 8 ins ! Not joking either . WOW ! ! !

Yes! North London has done pretty well :)

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Front seems to still be moving through at a fair old rate. Was expecting it to have slowed down considerably given the weather forecasts seemed to show it remaining over the SE through until mid-morningish...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Chucking it down! Not sure how much longer it will last for, but really topped up the snow depths over the last 30mins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hurricanes, Thunderstorms and blizzards please!

Getting bored of these small flakes. Even 5p ones would be nice. Still shouldnt moan really, but wont be anywhere near 10cm unless it picks up over next couple of hours.

Suddenly changed here and you're only 10 miles or so east of me. Hope you get this as it's very impressive!

Posted

Can't see no stalling :( Snow really prepped up now though with bigger flakes :) Maybe another hour or two here in west kent. Folkestone looking good for the next 3-4 hours.

Edited by scandihigh87

Posted

I want 10 inches! :p

I am supposed to be going out for my birthday lunch up at Table Table so torn between lots of snow over night or just a reload next week.......I think heavy snow tonight has won....beans on toast will do :acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, double snow and hot hot sun

I teach 14-16yrs that have been excluded from NORMAL ?? school, iif they were with me now they wd have the time of their lifes...what i appreciate, they appreciate....cool really wish that for every teenager...and i have one myself .hope some of them cd look and be happy about this weather that we find so beautiful...unfort some of them have parents that wdnt give a s***..every teenager shd snow angel at some point!! What do you reckon?? Im not being deep..tbh honest just really feeling this snow situation myself and loving every minute...by the way my daughter earlier said 'Cringe' because i chat online about snow loool kind of get her point though!! lol but i dont give a snowflake!!