Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 10

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes of any sort

good morning all. just had the landy out this morning.

measured 18cm ( 7 inch in old money, on decking)in sheltered garden, at 930 this morning!!!

has shrunk a little now,

temp 0.8 damn it

though dp still -4

some very light flurries here, very light though

i think our total depth is helped by being ontop of the ridge here in burwash

enjoy it!

Posted

Went out for a walk earlier but forgot the camera. Just taken a couple.Can't find the tape measure so no confirmation on totals but in the region of 10-15cm.

419775_10150668366354505_537459504_11121567_578571580_n.jpg

396295_2883041867648_1008122336_32786110_1818787543_n.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

We had 7cm last night on my pre bedtime check, and it was still snowing quite hard when I turned in just after 1am. A quick check out the window around 5.30am and it was still snowing but disappointed it hadn't added much to the footprints I left. Thawing somewhat now, but might be a good chance of icicles tonight though as the temps drop

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Anyone in Surrey with a decent amount of snow, appears that north of London hit the jackpot judging from pics. How are the Surrey Hills looking, wife and I fancy a nice snowy walk, but disappointing around here. Could do with a bit of sledging too :)

Guest archiesmummy

Had 4 inches here in chigwell, snowman built but slight thaw going on :( Essex weather going for more snow in Essex 2moro morning?

Posted

Well I've had a walk around, my 12cms maybe slightly lower than the average of the area, some big differences in depths but maybe generally more likely to be around 13-14cms.

Wow that's great Kold, considering I was beating you by about 3cms at around 1.30am and now it looks like you ended up beating me by 1cm or 2. We topped out at around 12cm here.

What a great night eh guys, I know a few poor folk to the South of region got a bit unlucky but it's great that London, Essex and most of Kent landed a big one.

Posted

Hi iKaz

Do you think its going to make its way inland at all? Im just south of Ashford.

Southerly dragging in the cold air from France... can't see any reason why not if it keeps up! We have a flat six inches (sheltered wheelie bin lid) here at the mo! :)

Posted

Southerly dragging in the cold air from France... can't see any reason why not if it keeps up! We have a flat six inches (sheltered wheelie bin lid) here at the mo! :)

southerly???

Posted

Wow that's great Kold, considering I was beating you by about 3cms at around 1.30am and now it looks like you ended up beating me by 1cm or 2. We topped out at around 12cm here.

What a great night eh guys, I know a few poor folk to the South of region got a bit unlucky but it's great that London, Essex and most of Kent landed a big one.

Yeah it really picked up in a big way between 1.30-2.30 before finally fizziling out around 3.30. We got lucky that a little bit of backbuilding occured locally so my figures probably 1-2cms higher than say somewhere 3-4 miles to the NW.

Anyway temps widely below 0C to the east of London, I think we will see a slight thaw today but hopefully tonight will really ice up the pack and once that happens its going to be hard to shift with temps of 0-1C. So a very slow thaw likely in the east, slightly more agressive thaw further west and in central London.

Posted

Hi iKaz

Do you think its going to make its way inland at all? Im just south of Ashford.

I'm in Ashford (North), snow hasn't stopped here. 13cm from last night.

Well we had our 10 cms allowance plus and see that some people opposite have built a snowman in their front drive, however with a temp of +3C here today, it ain't goin' to last with a slow thaw setting in almost immediately. :(

It does look as though by the middle of the week we will be back in the easterlies with with minima below zero but no immediate promises of a top up but the anticyclonics blocks should bring in some nice sunshine :)

However spring is on the way and before we know it the daffs will start coming up and the frogs will start misbehaving in my garden pool.

Posted

Still getting the odd sleety/snowy flurry this morning. Temp here still appears to be running below 0C...but I do think we'll break above 0C today around lunch time. Still its looking likely it'll be here tomorrow and the roads look like they will be very dodgy by early tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy
Posted · Hidden by TornadoJo, February 5, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by TornadoJo, February 5, 2012 - No reason given

A pic of Millie in the snow. It's nearly the same height as her!