Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion - Part 6

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Very cold today with a max temp of 1.3c, currently -1.5c with high cloud pushing down from the north west.

Freezing rain later which could be nasty so be careful if your out and about. Uppers not conducive to snow @ 0 to +2c, air dam thickness over 540 - only the very highest ground will likely snow and even that may be pushing it.

A bit dubious about the snow warning as well, uppers barely below 0c with thickness's around 537+ so again limited to the very highest ground.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Okay, shorts & T-shirts anyone? /sarcasm. Just danced when I saw this from the UKMO! :D

post-8895-0-57925800-1328724730_thumb.jp

what does that mean bt dont understand the 500mb charts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

NMM got it right last time for us in the west of the region only because of a warm sector at 900hPa, there is no warm sector this time NMM will be wrong.

Milder upper air temps and the 925hpa temps definitely suggest freezing rain/rain. Minor risk of snow on Thursday night, most likely across Midlands/S England. Very little chance of any snow falling in NW England tomorrow, even lower chance of snow accumulation. NMM looks spot on.

Posted

Milder upper air temps and the 925hpa temps definitely suggest freezing rain/rain. Minor risk of snow on Thursday night, most likely across Midlands/S England. Very little chance of any snow falling in NW England tomorrow, even lower chance of snow accumulation. NMM looks spot on.

Maybe some parts! Not all so this is utter nonsense! Wait and see!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Matt Hugo, Liam Dutton & the Met Office don't agree, although I am sceptical myself.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Agree. I think there is a very low risk of snow in low lying areas of NW England. Freezing rain looks much more likely. Bullseye for this event currently looking like Birmingham down to Bristol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

-1.7C here at the mo. BBC forecast suggests an all rain event for us :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Here it is currently clear, bit hazy with temp of -2C and dropping. more it drops, more chance for snow. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Temperature is still falling even under quite cloudy skies. -2.0c now and feeling bitter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

sorry guys and girls those expecting snow are setting themselves up for a big fall

i do admit there is a small risk that is why the warning from the meto is in place

the uppers are just to high.

i would love to ramp this up and say snow but once again the midlands south look to

be taking the glory tomorrow/Friday

C.S

Posted

southern pennines should do well snow wise.Looks to me like the freezing rain situation will be for all in the north of the region tonight but south of blackpool under 100/200 feet will see plain rain i think.

At the momment places over 100/200 feet seem at risk most of freezing rain south of blackpool.

But if the rain arrives a couple of hours earlier then expect it would be a freezing rain event for the whole region.

Southern half of region cheshire could have a decent fall of snow before it does warm up at the surface to stop any more accumilations..

Posted

southern pennines should do well snow wise.Looks to me like the freezing rain situation will be for all in the north of the region tonight but south of blackpool under 100/200 feet will see plain rain i think.

At the momment places over 100/200 feet seem at risk most of freezing rain south of blackpool.

But if the rain arrives a couple of hours earlier then expect it would be a freezing rain event for the whole region.

Southern half of region cheshire could have a decent fall of snow before it does warm up at the surface to stop any more accumilations..

i wish you were right about the south cheshire bit of your post

i just think the uppers are to high for snow...time will tell though

C.S

Posted

i wish you were right about the south cheshire bit of your post

i just think the uppers are to high for snow...time will tell though

C.S

Another negative ramper! If I don't get snow over next few days I will eat my socks :)

Posted

There is a difference between being negative and being realistic. You have an inland location and a bit of height, so are in a much better location for snow than say someone lower down and nearer the coast. You may see snow tomorrow, personally if it snows within 25 miles of the coast tomorrow i'll be amazed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Going to be a severe frost here tonight, already down to -1.5C. Definitely a chance of -6 or -7C by dawn?

Posted

Another negative ramper! If I don't get snow over next few days I will eat my socks :)

Not negative have seen this happen to many times,so a bit of experience in my posts i think

C.S

Posted

There is a difference between being negative and being realistic. You have an inland location and a bit of height, so are in a much better location for snow than say someone lower down and nearer the coast. You may see snow tomorrow, personally if it snows within 25 miles of the coast tomorrow i'll be amazed.

I didn't say that I wasn't, what I am saying is there is alot of negative comments, yes for some but not all of the nw!

Not negative have seen this happen to many times,so a bit of experience in my posts i think

C.S

Maybe for your area in the nw, not mine !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

News Alert: Fabio Capello resigned. watch bbc news now

Posted

I didn't say that I wasn't, what I am saying is there is alot of negative comments, yes for some but not all of the nw!

Maybe for your area in the nw, not mine !

in that case good luck hope you get the dumping you are hoping for

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

The SW of our region will be the only place to get snow, quote me tomorrow if you like.

Posted

Excellent 10 quid says harry redknapp will take over

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

:huh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yeah I'm not so sure of any snow tomorrow either now. Uppers just a tad too warm!

-1.1C here.