Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion - Part 6

kold weather

Posted

Peak District mountain area forecast

A cloudy day with outbreaks of rain or snow developing. During the morning especially, rain may fall onto frozen ground, which could lead to a significant ice risk and some very challenging conditions. The rain is most likely over western parts of the Park, with snow more likely in the east. Initially any precipitation is expected to patchy and light, and mainly in the north and west, but will become more widespread and persistent later in the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Don't suppose anyone has any idea why I can't get on chat? It just say that its loading but never actually does!

Ahh Dave you aswell? Someone else is having problems also. Try deleting your browsing history and then try logging back in. Let me know how you get on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Bang on -2.0C here now, all cloud has cleared. Come on! :):D

Posted

Hi Oakwell, your slightly higher up than I am at Blackrod and I am surprised your only -1.7c as I am below -3c at Kearsley

Hi Gareth, perhaps the cold air is collecting in the valley :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Bang on -2.0C here now, all cloud has cleared. Come on! :):D

BT these temps are nothing compared to last year. It a coldwave we want -10 and lower :rofl:

Posted

Can't say I'm enthused with the prospects of freezing rain - yes it may deliver some interesting scenes on glass surfaces and trees, but conditions could be awful. Rather just have normal rain than freezing rain.

Pity the cold uppers couldn't have dug into the region again as we would be looking a potential snow fest battleground. Southern parts around cheshire/e manchester/peak district may see some snow but I doubt anywhere else in the region will. However, you never know in these situations things could change for the better.

We did exceptionally well on Saturday so I'm not too bothered about the lack of snow prospects - but I would be if we hadn't seen the snow . Also I wasn't expecting a snow event this week - it has come out of the blue.

As on Saturday - east midlands could do very well from this event, warwickshire, leicestershire, notts, up to south and east yorkshire - these regions are being treated at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Paul is on the case Dave. Hopefully all sorted soon.

Posted
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)

Am I missing something here the metro site has a warning for snow covering the Merseyside region !!!

Am I missing something here the metro site has a warning for snow covering the Merseyside region !!!

Its such a marginal situation there is a chance given favourable conditions the Snow risk could extend further West and to lower altitudes, the MetO are just being on the cautious side!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Thank you! Latest GFS isn't doing us any favours for improving the chances of Snow thus far, surprise surprise!!

what's it showing mate. I can't check til tomorrow

what's it showing mate. I can't check til tomorrow

Its only showing up to 3am on Friday morning at the moment and from what I can gather it slowly want to push the T850 uppers from east to west thus by 3am most of the UK are under 0 C and the North West is at roughly -3/-4 C!

Posted

Its only showing up to 3am on Friday morning at the moment and from what I can gather it slowly want to push the T850 uppers from east to west thus by 3am most of the UK are under 0 C and the North West is at roughly -3/-4 C!

cheers mate but you say tomorrow is worse yeah?

cheers mate but you say tomorrow is worse yeah?

I'm no expert but from earlier runs this provides slighlty more hope as far as Snow goes for the North West of England, the GFS wants to brig that cooler pool of upper air further west than it was wanting to do in earlier runs. However please take in to account that this is "The Pub" Run!! Still all to play for in my opinion though!! Anyone elses thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Posted

I'm no expert but from earlier runs this provides slighlty more hope as far as Snow goes for the North West of England, the GFS wants to brig that cooler pool of upper air further west than it was wanting to do in earlier runs. However please take in to account that this is "The Pub" Run!! Still all to play for in my opinion though!! Anyone elses thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

really appreciated many thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Yep the T850's have shifted west again, if i lived around the Manchester area i would be very excited