Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Weather Discussion Part 5

J10

Looking quite ominous now IMO, the only crumb of comfort is that the latest NMM is gonig for a few more showers in the early hours (midnight -3am) for N and W coasts.

However I certainly wouldn't recommended waiting up tonight.

Looks like the name change will happen. :cray:

(can't say I am that surprised really, however I did think there would be a least a few showers.)

Posted

Bit disappointed by the lack of welcome in the hillsides (or the Welsh forum)...

Anyway, I'm off home tomorrow, so I wish you a snowy winter next year :)

Emma - it's not you, its the weather - usually you would be welcomed with open arms and force fed Welsh cakes until you could pronounce Llanelli without spitting on everyone within a 5 mile radius. But mother nature has found it fit this year to disappoint us at every turn and the forum has been very quiet of late! Hope your holiday was good - and that you had a better welcome from the 'actual' locals. xx

Posted

Emma - it's not you, its the weather - usually you would be welcomed with open arms and force fed Welsh cakes until you could pronounce Llanelli without spitting on everyone within a 5 mile radius. But mother nature has found it fit this year to disappoint us at every turn and the forum has been very quiet of late! Hope your holiday was good - and that you had a better welcome from the 'actual' locals. xx

Ahhh thank you! I love Welsh cakes so that would be fine by me, and my uncle is from Llanelli so I've had some pronounciation practice! I feel like I'm almost a local myself!

We've had a lovely relaxing holiday and we really don't want to go back tomorrow. Maybe it's better for me if it doesn't snow tonight as I'd have to be dragged home kicking and screaming!

Posted

That was reverse psychology, by the way - I'm just pretending I don't want snow ;)

Edited by Snow Obsession

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

There are some showers popping up now over mid-west wales that will make their way south-east. Only bits n bobs, but they'll keep popping up all night.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Unlikely to be snow unfortunately as it's still too mild, 3.4c/ dp 0.9c here.

Posted

Very light snow in the air here at 4.1/1.6. Bizarre as at 20:00 it was 1.0/-1.3.

Posted

Light sleet/ soft hail/rain shower. Temp rising.

Posted

Yes extremely marginal.

Besides extremely localised.

Posted

They are not snow though so largely irrelevant.

It's been marginal even in Scotland with few places getting snow.

Posted

They are not snow though so largely irrelevant.

It's been marginal even in Scotland with few places getting snow.

Just had some more light snow here, so the showers I am seeing are of snow.

Posted

Sorry I mean the ones coming off Cardigan Bay across mid Wales.

Sorry I mean the ones coming off Cardigan Bay across mid Wales.

How exactly do you know they are not of snow, just because they are not snow where you are close to the coast, doesn't mean that are not of snow inland.

I also said that as they are not effecting SW areas, it is not material for us anyway.

Just had some more light snow here, so the showers I am seeing are of snow.

Must be lucky as not many places are seeing snow. :winky:

Posted

I guess its just a hunch Julian based on a life time of weather watching recording it! I admit though it could be snowing further inland but I doubt that.

Posted

You know I feel we agreed all along!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Clear and frosty with quite a layer of ice on the car, it's 0.5C

Posted

3c windy clear spells and the odd hail shower.

Posted

A moderate snow shower here currently, being driven on a biting north wind. Temp 2.3c, dp -1.7c. Settling, should get a dusting out of this one, then eyes on the next blob on the radar. They've not got a lot of strength by the time they reach here though, too far inland and the angle needs to be a little more northerly.

P.S. according the the radar some parts of NE Wales look like they are getting a proper dumping!

Posted

A slushy sprinkling of hail here.

3mm in the gauge so most of the showers have either been rain, sleet or melted hail.

Min currently of 1c Dp 0c.