Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Looks like another very cold night to come with -10 expected across a lot of the region, a mix of snow or freezing rain later will cause a major hazards on the roads and pavements later, every will need to take extra care early tomorrow..

Keep a close eye on developements from Tuesday onwards!!!!

The cold and snow has not finished yet, i am expecting EA to be hammered with heavy snow and strong winds arround mid week..

Wow, Lets hope so mate but at the moment I cant see it. Maybe from next weekend we might start to see something wintery again.

post-9329-0-74181700-1328964765_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Encougaging update from the metoffice today. Risk of snow in the north and east right through into march

Yep nice longe range update from the met. I can only assume they are looking at some sort of block over scandi for

the later part of the month going into march, maybe the models will start picking this up soon.

Posted

Yep nice longe range update from the met. I can only assume they are looking at some sort of block over scandi for

the later part of the month going into march, maybe the models will start picking this up soon.

Yes which would be along the same lines as GP posted a couple of days ago

Posted

Fab idea, you might even get to collect your kiss. :D

I was hoping for more. :winky:

By the way take note everyone the temps tonight will probably drop to -10C before midnight maybe even earlier.

Posted

Temp this morning at St.Neots was -14c. I dont think I can remember it being any lower than that, ever.

I know full well just how cold it was as Im a postman, and had to alk around in it for over 3 hours..!

My eyebrows froze up as i was biking, it was seriously cold......

edit: walk around lol

Posted

Snow risk into tomorrow seems to be increasing....nothing major but as I'm sure we all know the met office website forecasts are automatically generated from their higher resolution modelling.... And this is fairly indicative now of light snow for particularly the eastern half of the region. Even if the snow potential has been overplayed, freezing drizzle could be hazardous tomorrow.

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Looks like another very cold night to come with -10 expected across a lot of the region, a mix of snow or freezing rain later will cause a major hazards on the roads and pavements later, every will need to take extra care early tomorrow..

Yellow Warning of Ice for East of England :

Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Essex, Norfolk, Thurrock, Southend-on-Sea & Suffolk

valid from 0200 Sun 12 Feb to 1100 Sun 12 Feb

Yes, another icey dicey night to come tonight - not that it has really warmed up that much here today, current conditions;

Temperature -2 °C

Windchill -5 °C

Dew Point -4 °C

Yes still reading -1.7 here at the moment

and from Bedford Gritting page, I quote

Fine and dry with some good sunny spells, but feeling very cold. Clear skies will allow temperatures to quickly fall below freezing this evening. Cloud will build later in the night, bringing occasional outbreaks of patchy light rain (from 0300 onwards) and possibly the odd flurry of snow. There is also a risk of some light, patchy freezing rain initially, though some uncertainty remains regarding this. Any precipitation will be light so will pose little risk of salt wash-off.

Edited by Chris Mantle

Posted

Not totally sure, though the temperature recorded this morning (bottomed out at -14.2C in the end here) may of been the coldest since 1987. The max today was -3.2C, currently -4.4C and falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

-4.4C here and steadily falling. The neighbours just came round to run some power off from our house, they've had a pipe burst and it's leaked into their fusebox :unsure: . Not surprising when it got to -11.3C here last night. Bet the emergency plumber on his way to them has been busy today!

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.
post-9147-0-59349100-1328983890_thumb.jppost-9147-0-79970700-1328984039_thumb.jpWent for a walk today, was a bit chilly! Never seen The River Great Ouse frozen over this much before.

Posted

post-9147-0-59349100-1328983890_thumb.jppost-9147-0-79970700-1328984039_thumb.jpWent for a walk today, was a bit chilly! Never seen The River Great Ouse frozen over this much before.

Stunning pics. The photo on the right takes me back to 1981.

May I save the pic and upload onto my facebook account?

Posted

-5c here in St Neots. Dont think we will go down to last nights low of -14c ! And it may be wishful thinking, but I just cant see tomorrow being milder with drizzle or maybe sleet. Anyone else still think the cold air is gonna be abit more stubborn to shift ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

-6.0°C here - having to fill myself with hot curry and alcohol... just to survive the cold of course :rolleyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter / snow

Tempratue dropped to -10 last night in kessingland, amazing as I am so close to the coast, current reading is -2.8 amazing run of cold days and nights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

-5c here in St Neots. Dont think we will go down to last nights low of -14c ! And it may be wishful thinking, but I just cant see tomorrow being milder with drizzle or maybe sleet. Anyone else still think the cold air is gonna be abit more stubborn to shift ?

Nope, the flow is turning NW and mixing out the very cold air

Posted

Nope, the flow is turning NW and mixing out the very cold air

Ok, fair enough. Do you think there will much ppn tomorrow,? and is it expected to be a sleet to rain situation ?

Posted

Ok, fair enough. Do you think there will much ppn tomorrow,? and is it expected to be a sleet to rain situation ?

Its most likely to be a snow/sleet to rain situation with the rain freezing on cold surfaces leading to icy conditions until a thaw sets in towards the late afternoon and evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Stunning pics. The photo on the right takes me back to 1981.

May I save the pic and upload onto my facebook account?

Sure teits no problem u can save them.may I add we didnt stay out long,my kids who are 3 & 5 years old were frozen and didnt quite see the beauty of today lol

Edited by 80sWeather