Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

-12 here now in northwest Norfolk, ice on the inside of the windows in the conservatory. Feel sorry for all the wildlife that has to struggle in these temps. My daft chickens decided to roost in the trees tonight rather than their coop, probably be frozen to the tree in the morning lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

-14.5 at Radwinter, Saffron Walden.

post-2337-0-23601900-1328917962_thumb.jp

Posted

Interesting to see that the really cold temps are being reported in North West Essex into Cambridgeshire. These areas have had the deepest snowfall for around 6 days now so this must be a facter. I now have a temp of -14.2c which is truly exceptional considering my garden is sheltered and the sensore is approx 8m from the house.

Posted

Interesting to see that the really cold temps are being reported in North West Essex into Cambridgeshire. These areas have had the deepest snowfall for around 6 days now so this must be a facter. I now have a temp of -14.2c which is truly exceptional considering my garden is sheltered and the sensore is approx 8m from the house.

About -12.5c in places in north east Hampshire. There is likely to be a minimum of less than -15c somewhere in the south east tonight. Properly severe temperatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

Coldest I've seen for as long as I can remember here. Have experienced -30 in a small village called Hell in Norway, near trondheim airport.

The name of the village was quite ironic LOL

Edited by Norfolk_N_chance

Posted

Yes lying snow has a massive impact. If you have 1ft of lying snow that can drop the temps alot more than what we currently have. The Dec 1981 cold spells comes to mind when my min temps dropped to -19C and the next day my max temp was -14C. I was 10yrs old at the time and my parents house didn't have central heating. I often remember sleeping in my coat and I also remember the ice on the inside of my bedroom window.

We keep hovering at -8.9, can we hit -9C? I dread to think what the temps are where my parents live because they are in Wansford which is a little village on the outskirts of Peterborough and they are always 4-5C colder!

Posted

Coldest I've seen for as long as I can remember here. Have experienced -30 in a small village called Hell in Norway, near trondheim airport.

Yes, I've experienced -27c just north of Montreal. I would describe these type of temperatures as dangerous. It won't quite get like that tonight, but there will be some very severe readings. Maybe down to -15C.

Posted

Yes lying snow has a massive impact. If you have 1ft of lying snow that can drop the temps alot more than what we currently have. The Dec 1981 cold spells comes to mind when my min temps dropped to -19C and the next day my max temp was -14C. I was 10yrs old at the time and my parents house didn't have central heating. I often remember sleeping in my coat and I also remember the ice on the inside of my bedroom window.

We keep hovering at -8.9, can we hit -9C? I dread to think what the temps are where my parents live because they are in Wansford which is a little village on the outskirts of Peterborough and they are always 4-5C colder!

TEITS, you seem to have lived a life without heating. You grew up without heating and now you live in a flat without proper heating. I would move if I were you.

Posted

TEITS, you seem to have lived a life without heating. You grew up without heating and now you live in a flat without proper heating. I would move if I were you.

I wish I could move but that isn't an option unfortunately. Annoys me that my neighbour above me reaps the rewards of my heating being on. Thankfully I have my hot water bottle when I go to bed which makes it easier.

Finally hit -9C now. I can guarantee my parents would be recording -12/13C.

Posted

-14.8 c now, must be a couple of degrees lower in the field below our house.

post-703-0-55676500-1328922182_thumb.jpg

Edited by fine wine

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Little bit of cloud rolling in now, but the temperature is still dropping slowly but steadily, now -10.1C. Looking forward to seeing maybe -15C come morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

http://www.chesham18...her/weather.htm

Pretty Damn cold in Buckinghamshire!! -16.9C at 1:58.....that's fairly extreme for England, even for a known frost hollow!

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Cold one tonight!!! Absolutely bitter outside :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

morning, Brass monkeys over night Brrrrrrrrrr. Some really have recorded - C.

Redbourn

Current conditions

-8 °C

Clear

Feels Like: -8°

Barometer: 1035.0 hPa

Dewpoint: -8°

Humidity: 100%

Visibility: 3 km

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Thermometer shows nearly -16 at present.

Posted

Minus 10c here with some freezing fog, just took the birds breakfast out, nice bit of bacon fat in there today along with the usual seed, bread, spud etc

Refilled the water bowl too, but think I will soon be out again taking the ice off the top, moggy not interested in the birds today and has settled down in front of the fire

Edited by huntso

Posted

Currently -13.8C! Certainly lower than the -4C that was predicted as the overnight minimum for my location!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

-9.1c hit at 7.45am - the lowest our station has ever gone ! - Good job the sun came up this morning :D

Posted

Very cold here this morning, so cold, that there is frost on the inside of my bedroom window! Looks as if there is some freezing fog out innthe fields. Also, Herts Highwsys Tweeted that it got to around -10c, so are warning drivers to be careful. (Grit stops working at something like -7c doesn't it?)

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all - Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!

Current temperature -9.4 °C here - not sure what it went down to last night in MK :cold:

Posted

Got minus 10 here in Norwich. I was driving home from Guildford last night and was watching my temperature gauge drop, on the M11 just past Saffron Walden it dropped to minus 11, didnt believe it at the time..but seems it was pretty close!