Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Officially -13C in Peterborough at Wittering and our local weather station reported -12.9C. The coldest official temp though was -15C near Holbeach. These min temps might even be colder than the cold spells of 09/10.

Edited by THE EYE IN THE SKY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Also, Herts Highwsys Tweeted that it got to around -10c, so are warning drivers to be careful. (Grit stops working at something like -7c doesn't it?)

As far as I know it is less effective at temperatures below -5°C and has virtually no effect below -10°C.

Chesham in Buckinghamshire is the chilliest place as the mercury falls to -17.8C

http://www.mirror.co...-to--18c-681412

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Andrewsfield our nearest official site was at -11.1. My guess is that we scrape -5 today before another very cold night.

Posted

just the morning for beloved son and his girl to break down on the huge round about just outside stortford even more so when she hasnt taken a coat!!!

Edited by honey*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Feeling positively balmy out there at the mo', temp now only -9.9!

Posted

Just wanted to wish Mrsf16 the best of luck with the move. At least you'll be able to keep warm with all the work involved. :D

Showing -10.3c here at the moment with a low of -12.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Says -12 here still at 10am can that be right?

If it's foggy where you are then maybe.If that reading is from a car thermometer then I wouldn't trust it.

Now -2.1C here after a low of -11.3 at 6.47am. My icy driveway which was like an ice rink isn't slippery at all now due to such a hard frost on it.

Posted

-9C here at the moment, -11C at Wittering.

Just add that this evening temps will again drop to -10C but should slowly recover during the latter part of the night. Could even have some light snow/freezing rain early tomorrow morning.

Posted

Well we bottomed out at -16.9c here in North Essex. Never seen anything like it in my location and my neighbour says its never got below freezing in Conservatory which is heated and it did last night. The river Colne is completely frozen over despite running quite quickly under the ice. Its still - 9.5c in the back garden.

post-703-0-94194200-1328955549_thumb.jpg

Posted

If it's foggy where you are then maybe.If that reading is from a car thermometer then I wouldn't trust it.

Now -2.1C here after a low of -11.3 at 6.47am. My icy driveway which was like an ice rink isn't slippery at all now due to such a hard frost on it.

Looks like here we are way below other locations. Confirmed -10 several locations nearby. Still says -11 for here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

I've posted this before but for those who haven't seen this.. it's a great place to see an image of the UK from above and should prove to be beautiful today - image updates at around 1pm i believe:

http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/imagery/subsets/?project=&subset=United_Kingdom_Ireland&date=02%2F10%2F2012

Posted

We now have tiny glittering ice crystals falling from the sky ....iv never seen this before. Im guessing its because its so cold. -13 here last night. -11 now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

My station here in central Peterborough recorded its lowest recording in nearly 10 years, -10.67 @ 6:07 beating the previous low of -7.9 on the 7th Dec 2010.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

We now have tiny glittering ice crystals falling from the sky ....iv never seen this before. Im guessing its because its so cold. -13 here last night. -11 now.

Sounds a bit like diamond dust, only ever seen that in Canada

Posted

just the morning for beloved son and his girl to break down on the huge round about just outside stortford even more so when she hasnt taken a coat!!!

Unbelievable (the coat bit)

Posted

Any one in St Albans got any suggestions for a good sleding spot - would need to be n-facing so it still had a base from last weekends snow?

There are a few spots in Verulamium which are pretty decent for sledging, and still have a base from last week's snow.

Posted

Looks like another very cold night to come with -10 expected across a lot of the region, a mix of snow or freezing rain later will cause a major hazards on the roads and pavements later, every will need to take extra care early tomorrow..

Keep a close eye on developements from Tuesday onwards!!!!

The cold and snow has not finished yet, i am expecting EA to be hammered with heavy snow and strong winds arround mid week..

Officially -13C in Peterborough at Wittering and our local weather station reported -12.9C. The coldest official temp though was -15C near Holbeach. These min temps might even be colder than the cold spells of 09/10.

Of official stations Holbeach reached -15.6c. The Met office climate station at Cavendish in Suffolk had an hourly value of -15.5 so the minimum there could well be lower.

Posted

Couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw the overnight history from the stansted observatory: -15c

Still -3 here now and the snow which in the last week had turned very solid is all of a sudden much more powdery

Could be some nasty freezing drizzle tomorrow - a shift to the west with the pattern a little could result in some snow flurries for many in this region as the last night of the current cold spell approaches

SK

Posted

Just wanted to wish Mrsf16 the best of luck with the move. At least you'll be able to keep warm with all the work involved. :D

Showing -10.3c here at the moment with a low of -12.8c

I think Mrsf16 should invite us all to a house warming party once they have settled in. :lol:

Posted

I think Mrsf16 should invite us all to a house warming party once they have settled in. :lol:

Fab idea, you might even get to collect your kiss. :D