Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

-7 here too, plenty of time for it to drop further.

Can't believe rain is being forcast for Sunday, that's really disappointing. Don't want all the snow to disappear by Tuesday/Wednesday :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

-4.4C here, and dropping steadily bu about a degree and hour. Possibility of a bit of cloud spilling in here at times during the night, as I'm only 14 miles from the coast as the crow flies.

Still got a fairly decent covering of snow here....so that will help those temps drop off quickly. Expecting the coldest night of the winter tonight in many areas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just a quick note to anyone going out this evening or early in the morning;

this region is under a Met O Yellow warning for ice so please take care....

Yellow Warning of Ice for East of England

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Yellow Warning of Ice for London & South East England

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

valid from 1700 Fri 10 Feb to 1200 Sat 11 Feb

It's already down to -2.0 °C here so the snow which had thawed during the day is refreezing!

Enjoy your Friday night - an early one for me I think after the madness last night :angel:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Evening all.

Redbourn

Current conditions

-6 °C

2 m/s

Clear

Feels Like: -9°

Barometer: 1036.0 hPa

Dewpoint: -8°

Humidity: 84%

Visibility: 10 km

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

Andrewsfield (my nearest Met Observation site) is measuring -8.4 at 20.00. That makes it the coldest night this winter.

Posted

Andrewsfield (my nearest Met Observation site) is measuring -8.4 at 20.00. That makes it the coldest night this winter.

yup andrewsfield is mine too ive been watching with intrest if we stay cloud free we coud hit some serious lows

Posted

Now this is cold! Its only 9.20pm!

The Oregan doesn't apparently can't record false low readings but can record false high readings.

post-703-0-37020400-1328908970_thumb.jpg

Posted

The Oregan doesn't apparently can't record false low readings but can record false high readings.

now that is chilly!!!

Edited by honey*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Just out of interest how high is your temperature sensor mounted? That can make a very big difference. My Davis Vantage pro 2 sensor is mounted at 3 metres (which I don't think it strictly the right height), but it is however showing a temperature of -7.0C at the moment. Lots of places getting to double figures below freezing tonight.

Posted

And still the temperature continues to drop at approx 1c per hour! Now -13c outside. The temperature probe is located 1.1m above the ground. I have calibrated it with another electronic thermometer in both the freezer and outside. I wonder how low it will get?

post-703-0-40609200-1328912645_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

dont know if any cloud will move over later tonight...the lying snow that is left will protect the underlying plants and roots i guess :smiliz21: , the moon is quite impressive looking at the mo.

18f here already

Posted

Very odd here I have just driven home rom Cambridge and the temp. dropped from -4.5 as I crossed the A14 to -11 within about half a mile!

Posted

Very odd here I have just driven home rom Cambridge and the temp. dropped from -4.5 as I crossed the A14 to -11 within about half a mile!

Brrrrrrrr, and I thought it was cold here at -6.3 °C :cold:

Posted

-8.4C here now. Cloud was forecast to be over the region moreso before midnight, most of the region looks clear at the moment, so who knows, maybe a -15 somewhere over East Anglia tonight? Would be the first in quite a long time!

Posted

Current Temp: -8.1°Cfalling.gif

Hope you've got the central heating sorted out in the new house then :angel:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well seems like many pleased people. Once again i keep saying it (i know) But a very good call from TEITS. Pontentially we was looking at a dusting and some dry and cold. It really is the case that NOW casting is the only way i believe during any event. On a different note its quite amazing how winter has turned out,It was always stated A WINTER OF TWO HALVES and it very much is turning out to be that way,I still believe more surprises on the way.WINTER is not finished yet. Brief mild snap on the way.Then.. well its going to be cold again. :good:

Jason

This winter has been the exact mirror image of last year's. 2010/11: a cold first month and the rest fairly mild, 2011/12 a mild two months with a big sting in the tail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well one bad thing for me is that every mouse in the area has decided to stay in my greenhouse as I have heated a little (small inner insulated area). Only problem is the b**gers have decide that the nicest thing to eat is the pile of Olive tree cutting I have growing. Well of course I don't mind provided they keep eating the poison and taking the tasty stuff of the traps.

To be honest a right pain as Olive trees are a slow and difficult to grow. I expect next they will be demanding some gin to go with it.

H

I wouldn't worry too much, my sister's got a big olive tree in a pot on her terrace — too big to move — and it survived last winter completely unprotected, I think the temperatures went down to at least —12ºC on several nights, so yours in the greenhouse should be fine.

Posted

-8.6C here and still dropping. This is painful considering the heating in my flat is useless.