Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted

About an inch-3cm fell here, and everything looks beautiful again. Not too bad, considering the forecast say on Wednesday night. A couple of very cold days to come (could get down to -10C tonight in some rural spots) before milder weather comes in on Sunday.

Posted

Morning all,

Just caught the train to March, it's a beautiful morning across the fens. I saw the most wonderful sunrise near Manea, absolutely stunning across the snow fields. Shame I didn't have a camera with me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Woken up to another beautiful day on the Suffolk tundra snowfields. Love those blues and pinks you get early on in the morning. It's going to be a cold one though and I don't believe it will thaw over the w/e… they said that at the beginning of the week and we hardly lost any snow cover before it froze up again and snowed last night.

Posted

Lovely views here in the Wisbech area this morning, around an inch and half of fresh snow covering up all the melted bits from the 6-7 inches received saturday night, been a good two weeks of some hard frosts and snow, after missing out on the snow last winter really happy with this especially after a mild first half to the winter.

Posted

Official Peterborough weather station (Wittering) recorded 7cm last night which is roughly similiar to here. So thats a total of 17cm fallen so far this montth which to be honest is quiet impressive considering the actual weather pattern. Makes a nice change that this area has struck lucky twice.

Very cold tonight/Saturday and at first Saturday night. Turning less cold into early next week and to be honest im actually looking forward to the less cold spell. My cat has driven me mad over the past 7 days because she refuses to go out and instead keeps pestering me lol.

Posted

is there anyone from the norwich area?....is there much snow on the ground?...taking daughter to UEA this weekend but i have just broken my arm in the snow so a bit worried about walking around if there's much snow about...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Having just spent the last half hour clearing my front path and driveway it would seem I had a little more than I first thought - I took my measurements round the back in three different places and it was at least 3cm - however it was more like 4-5cm on my front :angel:

Posted

is there anyone from the norwich area?....is there much snow on the ground?...taking daughter to UEA this weekend but i have just broken my arm in the snow so a bit worried about walking around if there's much snow about...

Hi Hippyhattie, I live North East of Norwich and the paths & roads are clear. Still freezing but no overnight snow. The only snow left is on the fields. I think you should be ok as it's as dry as a bone here, as the say!!! :-)

Posted

Looks bright and beautiful outside, the sun is shining and everything is illuminated from the snow xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

No snow yesterday. Warming up from the weekend so now I'm looking forward to Spring. Overcast here with just the occasional bit of blue sky. Temp 1.5c. Light winds from the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

...from this mornings national met office conference:

Head forecaster:

"I've been to accounts and negotiated purchase of a packet of cigarettes and a radar subscription for all of you. The use of both is now compulsory - Do not smoke inside."

:D

Posted

Hi Hippyhattie, I live North East of Norwich and the paths & roads are clear. Still freezing but no overnight snow. The only snow left is on the fields. I think you should be ok as it's as dry as a bone here, as the say!!! :-)

brilliant....thankyou very much...

Posted

We had 4 or 5 cm fresh onto the 4 or 5 left from our 10 on saturday and the only places its melting is where the grit is. Trees and everything beautifully white with icicles hanging off gutters and parked cars. -1 and sunny currently, what a fantastic Friday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Well seems like many pleased people. Once again i keep saying it (i know) But a very good call from TEITS. Pontentially we was looking at a dusting and some dry and cold. It really is the case that NOW casting is the only way i believe during any event. On a different note its quite amazing how winter has turned out,It was always stated A WINTER OF TWO HALVES and it very much is turning out to be that way,I still believe more surprises on the way.WINTER is not finished yet. Brief mild snap on the way.Then.. well its going to be cold again. :good:

Jason

Posted

Well one bad thing for me is that every mouse in the area has decided to stay in my greenhouse as I have heated a little (small inner insulated area). Only problem is the b**gers have decide that the nicest thing to eat is the pile of Olive tree cutting I have growing. Well of course I don't mind provided they keep eating the poison and taking the tasty stuff of the traps.

To be honest a right pain as Olive trees are a slow and difficult to grow. I expect next they will be demanding some gin to go with it.

H

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

I expect next they will be demanding some gin to go with it.

Did someone mention Gin - what a very good idea *heads off to chat room bar*

Posted

-7 at 5pm is ridiculous! It never got above -1 all day and there are some impressive icicles about where the sun shone.

Edited by dapick2002

Posted

-7 at 5pm is ridiculous! It never got above -1 all day and there are some impressive icicles about where the sun shone.

Wow! -2.3 here at the moment, expecting between -6 and -10 widely tonight so some a serious ice risk tomorrow morning.