Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

I'm in Warthill, near York tonight.

Me and my girlfriend picked a good weekend to come up here from Nottingham, it's beautiful here.

It was -8.5C on the car when we got here at 10pm, I think it's probably colder now.

I've just been outside in the village and taken some photos which I have uploaded here if you're interested...

http://forum.netweat...ge-snow-photos/

Looking forward to a beautiful morning later, going to try to get up and out early for some more pics.

Lovely little village. Used to live near Stockton on Forest and its where i used to always to drive to whenever it snowed. Usually stop outside the pub for fag and feed the ducks. Some of the houses there are HUUUGEEE lol!

Posted

The problem with Yorkshire is that it's nearly in balmy Scotland. You need to head south where it looks likely that temperatures will get down to -15c tonight.

Nearly in Scotland? you could equally say the problem with Yorkshire is it's close Cambridgeshire as i'm far closer to Cambridgeshire and counties surrounding it than i am to Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

It is -11ºC here on my thermometer !

Also reading that figure on the Accuweather site.

Brrr.

BL. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow in Winter!

-12.2c last night amazing!warmed up to -9.5 now!?

Posted

Minus 9.5 here last night in Grimsby. Ive just gaot back from a lovely walk in the woods enjoying the 3 to 4 inches of deep crunchy snow, don't you just love it! Currently -5

Edited by Grimsby Snow Lover

Posted

Hit -14 which is a record for me here but I'm not in the coldest spot in the village. Hutton Cranswick road weather station was showing below -15 earlier, the one here -7. Ours is outside the village on the hill, what a difference a few metres can make.

Thixendale was a good call earlier, but in the valley between Sledmere and Fridaythorpe is Fimber where the car temp is lower than here.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Just a tropical -5.9C here.

Went for a drive surprised by the lack of snow in the peak district expected more up there than the general patchy cover. Looked nice though with the frost as well.

Should be a steady warm up from now on though so probably the last snow we will see for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

11.30am and now tropical at -7c sun having no effect whatsoever..

Posted

11.30am and now tropical at -7c sun having no effect whatsoever..

Indeed.Clear blue skies all morning, but the cloud is slowly approaching from the north now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

Indeed.Clear blue skies all morning, but the cloud is slowly approaching from the north now.

Yep we have now crept up to -4 since 11.30 if i look out across to the east towards grimsby there looks to be a large bank of cloud very hazy but nothing on radar

i gonna keep watchin...

Posted

A good image below of where the snowcover is, and the cloud to the north is very slow moving as it approaches the humber.

There could be some very low temps for a while this evening.

http://www.metoffice...est_uk_vis.html

Edited by sunny scunny

Posted

A good image below of where the snowcover is, and the cloud to the north is very slow moving as it approaches the humber.

There could be some very low temps for a while this evening.

http://www.metoffice...est_uk_vis.html

Thats a good satellite image you can see it run down the east side of the UK across the channel through northern france down to northern spain..

Posted

Thats a good satellite image you can see it run down the east side of the UK across the channel through northern france down to northern spain..

This one is much better and i took it from the SE thread lol.It's that good that im saving it to look back on.

http://lance-modis.eosdis.nasa.gov/imagery/subsets/?subset=United_Kingdom_Ireland.2012042.terra.1km

Posted

The wind did eventually die down after 3am here and we dipped to -6.2C, not as impressive as some other areas but it was still the coldest February night since 1991.

Its not the best area for low minima here though due to the proximity of the North Sea and Humber. The record low in Feb is actually only -8.8C, set back in 1986.

Posted

Already below -1 here now having only reached 0 earlier on in the afternoon. The metoffice have sleet over my location during the early hours so I don't expect to keep a frost through the night.

Posted

-2.5C here now. Top temp today was -0.8C so our first ice day of the winter as I can't see it going above freezing before midnight.

Should be a steady thaw from tomorrow but GFS12z looking a bit more promising with signs of a Northerly from next weekend. Just need a bit of consistency now!

Worth keeping an eye on.