Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

kold weather

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Ah well the stuff to our north has fizzled out so thats it folks. The front looks like it will pivot much further south so unlikley to be any further snow in south yorkshire I'm afraid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

I think we can safely say that South Yorkshire just missed out looking at the latest radar

Posted

got about 3 inches here in cleethorpes, not bad :drinks: temps are good to -0.6c dew point at -0.7c :drinks:

Thats great mate.I wasn't expecting anything more than a dusting today lol.

Posted

got about 3 inches here in cleethorpes, not bad :drinks: temps are good to -0.6c dew point at -0.7c :drinks:

Wow, it would seem you have more than here on Laceby Road mate. At a guess I would say we have between 1 and 2 inch max.

Posted

Lovely big fat flakes here at the moment, but looking at the radar not for much longer. Really hope the snow cover will last until Saturday so I can walk the dog in it through the local woodlands.

Posted

Raining here again.Got lots of ice and icicles down the walls from the earlier freezing rain.

was rubbish at the weekend,only got about 3cm of snow and all gone by Monday!!

Posted

Lewis said something about the wind vectors changing and becoming favourable for that precipitation on the east coast, what does he mean???

I'm not totally sure but I think he was referring to the wind direction changing to hopefully allow the precicitation in the east to spread further west. The only problem is is that the front is dying out so I wouldn't expect any snow to reach areas further inland.

Posted
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border
  • Location: South Sheffield close to North East Derbyshire border

Well they got this area wrong atm ...not one flake here ,,drizzle,drizzle,drizzle i was forercast 2-5cm ...still time ? or has it gone?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Lincoln to Louth was a very interesting drive! A couple of inches here in Louth and readily settling on even the main roads.

Posted

Well they got this area wrong atm ...not one flake here ,,drizzle,drizzle,drizzle i was forercast 2-5cm ...still time ? or has it gone?

Latest tweet from Paul Husdon may answer your question, sorry

HudsonweatherPaul Hudson

South Yorkshire. Patchy snow in eastern areas next few hours. Further west drizzle, but little if any snow now expected. Widespread ice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Looking at the NW radar there does appear to be more precipitation appearing over the N Sea now and the latest lot does appear to be moving more West than SW, however, it is not that easy to see. Need a few more frames.

Snow has been heavier in the last hour or so and we have a fresh couple of inches now I would say, lying on top of the couple of inches still hanging around from Saturday night.

Gosh, it almost feels like winter :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nice depth here so far, however considering its been moderate snowfall for just over the last 3 hours I would have expected more. The snow seems to be rather wet, surfaces like paths aren't as snow covered as foreinstance grassy areas which are having no problems at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Yeah i think thats it <_<

Posted

Hi guys,

Got just over 4cm of fresh snowfall here and it's still snowing now, weird is that radar shows hardly any precipitation over me at all, but it's still coming down. All snow settled on every surface, even roads.

With regards to wind vectors, big change all of a sudden, really we needed the change earlier, this would of happened if the precipitation was modeled to be further westwards, and the HP close, but then that would not have given all our areas a good covering of snow.

Although the precipitation is much lighter to the east now, it can easily re-ignite and provide some more snowfall, particularly for eastern areas, low chance of it getting inland, but keep an eye on development over the coming hour or so. If you look below at the radar shots I taken, you can see the difference in wind vectors/flow within 20 mins.

One

pG8Pa.png

And the good news :) number two

cQwOV.png

Lewis

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

quite heavy snow now but looks like the next 30 mins we will have seen the best of it unless that bit off the coast heads this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'd say 3-5 cms has fallen this evening so far, 7-10cms in places where snow still lies from last Saturday.

Wow the netweather server is really struggling this evening!

Posted

Hi guys,

Got just over 4cm of fresh snowfall here and it's still snowing now, weird is that radar shows hardly any precipitation over me at all, but it's still coming down. All snow settled on every surface, even roads.

With regards to wind vectors, big change all of a sudden, really we needed the change earlier, this would of happened if the precipitation was modeled to be further westwards, and the HP close, but then that would not have given all our areas a good covering of snow.

Although the precipitation is much lighter to the east now, it can easily re-ignite and provide some more snowfall, particularly for eastern areas, low chance of it getting inland, but keep an eye on development over the coming hour or so. If you look below at the radar shots I taken, you can see the difference in wind vectors/flow within 20 mins.

One

pG8Pa.png

And the good news :) number two

cQwOV.png

Lewis

Hi Lewis, radar is looking the same here as we appear to be in a gap even though it is still snowing quite heavily.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I love the seasonal periods of the year, ( in their extremes - of course ).

Just started to snow again here in southeast sheffield , too add to the major DUSTING that happened after 3-4hrs of rain/sleet after lunch

Posted

Smaller flakes but still pretty steady snow still. Considering how marginal this events has proven I can safely say I have been very lucky.

Posted

Despite the radar clear over me, I have moderate to heavy snow falling, with large flakes... bloody weird...

qDaMZ.png

You guys are right. Marginal event been fantastic, if it was marginal on last saturdays event we would have had 20cm+ instead of 10cm.

Loved tonight :) still snowing and 5cm.

EDIT **

WE CAN ONLY DREAM??

pww4n.png

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

these radars are up the swaney tonite just started snowing heavy again yet the nearest preciptation is a good 30 miles away to my east... !!!!!

Posted

these radars are up the swaney tonite just started snowing heavy again yet the nearest preciptation is a good 30 miles away to my east... !!!!!

The snow has returned here too :D