Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire And Lincolnshire Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

kold weather

Posted

Morning all

A Good covering over night that started at around 6pm and finished around 1am this morning giving a inch or so of fresh snow on top of the stuff we had Saturday. i dont think it will go any time soon.

LO

Posted

well the covering here looks better than i thought! 1-2cm cover everywhere and thick ice everywhere too

Posted

Sad to say Sheffield lost out big time. Sugar coating only. I hope Hudson gets some stick from Harry on look north this evening. Oh well at least weve had some intresting model and radar watching.

Posted

Just had a wonder outside and we've really done well for once!

Just over 4 inches of snow fell yesterday here in Scarborough. There was even some snow from Saturday on the ground before it started.

A lovely winter wonderland with thick snow and icicles hanging down.

Heres a few shots.

post-10637-0-48964200-1328866846_thumb.jpost-10637-0-83452400-1328866874_thumb.jpost-10637-0-76862600-1328866896_thumb.jpost-10637-0-47124000-1328866921_thumb.jpost-10637-0-66666500-1328866971_thumb.j

Posted

Well after yesterday's feeble attemp, about 1/2 hour of wet snow later on after an afternoon of rain the snow which did fall has now melted away, still got about an inch from Saturday which is pretty much solid ice.

Lets see if there is anything left this month?

Posted

It been snowing for five hours now and just got heavy here in Keighley. I can't believe it, not a flake yesterday and five hours today that wasn't forecast. What's going on?

Posted

As promised here's the video I took whilst travelling to Scarborough from Whitby yesterday at about 4pm.

The snow was relentless and covered the main roads very quickly and resulted in us being stuck on the Moors for just short of 4 hours!!

The video is the bus attempting to get up the bank out of Robin Hoods Bay. At about 2.30 in the video you can see the bus trying to get a run up to the second part of the bank only to lose control again! The bus skidded, lost control of it's back end and at one point started to slide back down the hill!

It really was quite scary!!

Apologies for the poor audio.

Edited by PMPhotography

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

A nice scenic trundle across the Lincs wolds at work minus 1 up here still with altitude pics to upload later quite pointless being at work seeing as i work outside seen a guy on skis awesome vistas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

We had a further five centimetres of snow last night in the end and everything was a fresh white this morning. The snow from Sunday morning was still on the ground but was starting to look tired. Quite wet snow but it never turned to rain/sleet at any point. Must have been really marginal though.

I wonder if that is the last we will see of the white stuff falling this year - it's beginning to look like it might be. Still, there was a period when I was beginning to think it was going to be my first snow-free winter since 1989-1990.

Posted

We've had lying snow well into late-April before now and snow falling is statistically as likely in March as in December. Not to mention snow fell on 11th May 2010. Its just recent Springs have been generally very mild.

Id say its very unlikely its the last we'll see, though last year proved that can sometimes be the case.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

https://forum.netweather.tv/gallery/album/1057-/

few images from my un productive day photos aside down there :rofl:

Posted
The bus skidded, lost control of it's back end and at one point started to slide back down the hill! It really was quite scary!!

You wouldn't think that with the extra weight that a bus would lose traction so easily. Deckers are even worse. I once ended up coming down a hill in Sheffield that was covered in ice with no steering and no brakes. Cars at one side and trees at the other.... Was a bit of an adrenalin rush.... :D

We still have a bit of a dusting on the grass from last night but the roads and pavements are pretty much clear. Looking forward to some spring temperatures now with the moody skies that go with it....

Posted

Tonight could well be the coldest night of the winter it the sky remains clear. Its already down to -0.7C after a max of only 1.9C.

Posted

Tonight could well be the coldest night of the winter it the sky remains clear. Its already down to -0.7C after a max of only 1.9C.

You could be right, -4.8 here at 1725.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

This cloud better clear so we can get some bitter temperatures..