Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Of England Regional Discussion - Part 8

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Nothing wrong with your forecast BT last night was never going to be any different

Thanks Chiffer. :)

Btw, Mark Vogan is a joke. Look at his update:

UK HEAT WATCH: Warmest air since November is on it's way to the UK this upcoming week. 16-18C is very possible by Thursday

I commented: Heat watch? Are you for real?

Those 9C uppers don't look plausible to me, the set up is offering a mild day yes, but 18C is out of the question. 15C realistically will be the max. 18C will not be achieved.

Edited by Backtrack

Posted

agree, Mark Vogan a joke, fantasy forecaster, I thought your forecast accurate backtrack

Thanks mate.

It was accurate for the South of the region, but for those in the North and to the SE of the region, I stated that there would not be much due to the nature of the wind direction.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

The sun is definately getting stronger , despite a temperature of 6c in the shade, i have sat out on my south facing sheltered patio(admittedly wth a jacket on) for a couple of hours and felt the warm sun on my face...it's whetted my appetite for the real spring to arrive

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

The sun is definately getting stronger , despite a temperature of 6c in the shade, i have sat out on my south facing sheltered patio(admittedly wth a jacket on) for a couple of hours and felt the warm sun on my face...it's whetted my appetite for the real spring to arrive

Yeah, sun way stronger in Feb, thats why I tend to say 2nd half of Nov more winter than 2nd half of Feb

I disagree about Feb being the coldest/wintriest month of the year

Posted

Been up Shining Tor (1800ft) early this afternoon and there was some fantastic views across the plain of Cheshire and Manchester, every city center building was completely crisp from such a distance away. There was even the subtle hints of the Welsh Peaks some 97miles off to the west, the snowfields standing out from the darker contrast of the horizon. Pendle Hill, the northern Pennines all evident aswell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Nothing here but glad some of you fared better.

It's highly likely that the regionals will be merged shortly.

Posted

Nothing here but glad some of you fared better.

It's highly likely that the regionals will be merged shortly.

Got an approximate time LL?

This will probably be the last time until November at the earliest that the NW England thread is on its own, as they don't generally un-merge them in Spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Thanks mate.

It was accurate for the South of the region, but for those in the North and to the SE of the region, I stated that there would not be much due to the nature of the wind direction.

The south of our region is the best place for snow as its prone to the chesire gap streamer places say north of blackpool are normally bone dry in a NW'ly

Posted

The south of our region is the best place for snow as its prone to the chesire gap streamer places say north of blackpool are normally bone dry in a NW'ly

Cumbria is the snowiest part of our region, just not the part you live in unfortunately. The West of the region (such as where I live) is worst.

Most showers from the Irish Sea fall as hail over my area, and then expand & turn to snow inland.

Posted

Got an approximate time LL?

This will probably be the last time until November at the earliest that the NW England thread is on its own, as they don't generally un-merge them in Spring.

No afraid not but within the next couple of days.

What's with the name change lol?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Is that when you lose your job too kate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Take a look at this Blooper:

Does he actually just said c##t?

Edited by pip21

Posted

When was the last time members had a proper thunderstorm? And I mean a proper thunderstorm overhead as opposed to a shower with the odd thunderclap now and then or one that just missed.

I reckon it was over 2 years ago here, I can't even recall when I last heard thunder, the last time I definitely saw ligthtning was at distance from late August last year from those cells in the Liverpool area.

We talk about the lack of snow but the lack of thunder let alone thunderstorms is even more stark

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

When was the last time members had a proper thunderstorm? And I mean a proper thunderstorm overhead as opposed to a shower with the odd thunderclap now and then or one that just missed.

I reckon it was over 2 years ago here, I can't even recall when I last heard thunder, the last time I definitely saw ligthtning was at distance from late August last year from those cells in the Liverpool area.

We talk about the lack of snow but the lack of thunder let alone thunderstorms is even more stark

About 6 years ago we had a load of them here. Only reason I remember is because I had just had a flat roof put onto the extension and it leaked - A LOT ! :-(

Posted
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l
  • Weather Preferences: Mists, Hot, Rain, Bit of snow. Thick frosts are awesome
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l

Had some good ones in 2010 on 17th May 2010 (early morning - woke everyone up!) and one around the 15th July which was a very big one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, warm & partly cloudy.

Gavin has just posted some more charts int he model thread. They look lovely.

Posted

Regardless of what people say, I did well with my forecast last night, as it did snow here, and in many other places in the South of the region, and as predicted, I got my dusting. Little bits of that still remain. Even Crewe had some snow.

Thank you, and have a nice day.

I agree too BT! You get too much stick for being enthusiastic! If people are going take your word as gospel, then it's their problem, not yours! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Cumbria is the snowiest part of our region, just not the part you live in unfortunately. The West of the region (such as where I live) is worst.

Most showers from the Irish Sea fall as hail over my area, and then expand & turn to snow inland.

sorry i meant low level snow, the south of the NW is the best place.

Pip LMAO!

Posted

Took a quick stroll up Whaley Moor before sunrise (map and compass) to double check this was mt.Snowdon, visually the furthest I have seen outside of flying, seeing the Lakes from Pen-Y-Ghent coming in a close second.

I needed my glasses, and a bit of contrast tweaking with GIMP to bring out the structure of the mountain more, but there it is nonetheless. The Clywdian range also in shot just before the peak.

post-8763-0-71074600-1329685221_thumb.jp

Posted

Is that when you lose your job too kate

You mean is that when I get to have a rest lol?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

last proper thunderstorm for me was 9th May 2011, ajpoolshark has pics somewhere on here, 5 miles south of me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

There was nothing here today. A light hail shower and thats it. The last time I recall a proper thunderstorm was the 7th of May 2011, brute of a storm. It come up on a Spanish Plume.. Then before that we had an amazing thunderstorm November 2010. Very, very large hail and actual chunks of ice falling out the sky with fork lightning, good times! 8)