Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North Of England - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Had hardly any rain during this so called 'unsettled spell'

Had a hefty hail shower yesterday, and a couple of moderate rain showers, but nothing more.

Hosepipe ban may also effect NW England too soon. Not like I care, I don't own a hosepipe.

Posted

An incredible hail shower has just passed through here which lasted about 5 mins.It really was torrential, but i think that's the last shower of the day now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

After a low of -2.5c crazy.gif here last night ,today has been a pleasent day , very sunny up until about 1pm then the cloud rolled in and a few spots of rain were felt, but then it was a mixture of sun and cloud..in the sun it felt nice, especially out of the wind , but once the cloud rolled in it was very chilly

Posted

Bit surprised that we had some convective weather today, thought the showers would just stay off shore, only a couple of couple of showers though, one was just a light rain shower whilst the 2nd one was a moderate/heavy sleet shower, was close to being fully wet snow but not quite there unfortunately. Interesting and unexpected admittedly.

Posted

A dry day here but a cold one for the time of year with temps maxing out at 8 degrees, it was still 6 degrees at noon. Temps will drop very quickly in the next few hours thanks to the clearing skies and light winds - could get down to -2/-3 degrees quite easily.

Had we seen more of an unstable airmass with stronger winds - today would have been ripe for homegrown snow showers down to low levels, uppers and dewpoints being ideal. Alas the fells have remained green.

Next few days look preety unspringlike - often cool, cloudy and wet with strong winds at times and limited sunny breaks.

Posted

It has been quite sunny since mid-afternoon but only touched 6.2C todays max.

Snow shower about 1:30pm which was surprisingly 'dry'.

Temperature fell to 1.9C during it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

The showers duly arrived and were pitifully light, giving perhaps 0.1mm if I'm lucky. Not only that, the area of rain split into two giving a wide dry gap; no prizes for guessing were my location was.

I have to admit, the thought of a 'wide dry gap' doesn't really excite me either spiteful.gif

Been pretty nippy out there today with a light hail shower around 2ish.

Posted

Already down to 0.1C in the last few minutes.

Anything tender outside will get a shock tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

2.6C and calm at the moment, cold night ahead

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

0c here. Clear skys and little wind at 3mph South.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

-1.1c already here. Coldest location i can find near by is Duggleby at -1.9c. Gonna be a cold one for sure!

http://www.dugglenet.org/

Edited by vizzy2004

Posted

the frost alert has just sounded for the greenhouse and the heater just switched itself on.

i love technology not too many years ago i'd be out trying to light the parrafin burner lol.currently -0.4 and dropping -1.6c/hr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & snowy in winter. Hot and stormy in summer.

Brrr definitely a nippy one last night. Lovely sunny day today but a chilly with it.

Hope everyone is well. smile.png

Posted
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l
  • Weather Preferences: Mists, Hot, Rain, Bit of snow. Thick frosts are awesome
  • Location: Saddleworth, in the Historic West Riding of Yorkshire, 205m a.s.l

Sunshine and clouds here today but a little chilly outside.

A more overcast scenario and rain expected going into the night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It was sunny earlier in Cleadon but we now have the dreaded "convective cloud spreading into stratocumulus underneath a cap" issue, resulting in a dry cloudy afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

moderate rain just suddenly started here with a blustery wind. 6.9 °C currently.

Posted

well what a stinker again this morning with rain and wind turning to wet snow since about 6am.

Hills are white again, however it's easing off for now.. 1.3C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

Have one colleague who's decided to work from home due to snow up on the higher parts of the moors. It was even a touch sleety in Scarborough this morning walking to work. Not a nice walk in though it certainly woke me up ;)

Posted

Rain overnight has cleared to sunny spells this late morning, but now skies clouding again for a showery setup. Don't really need much rain here, but I guess other parts of the country will welcome the next few days.

Edit:18:03 - Had a really heavy downpour in the last half hour. THe only thing missing was thunder.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Thunder, Snow, Thundersnow, Hail, Sunshine, Rainbows

Very good cloud formations at the moment lit be the setting sun, quite a few anvils and some heavy showers. No thunder heard though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

NAE is showing it to be very wet for Thursday with up to 24mm for East Yorkshire, and 17mm for West Yorkshire, ad 27mm for Northumberland! I hope it comes off, because I love those big deluges.. better then drizzle that amounts to nothing.

Posted

Does anyone have any predictions for this saturday in the Lakes?

Planning on clambering up scafell pike this saturday, and wondering whether we will get soaked! Looks like showers to my untrained eye, which will probably result in longer spells in the mountains!

Posted

Looks like winter conditions up there at the wkend, Ice axe and crampons to be on the safe side. Not the best conditions unless you are like myself and prefer the challenge, Keep checking the updates untill friday, the last thing you want is whiteout conditions on top.

Good luck and stay safe.

http://www.metoffice...ntain-forecast/

Sat 21 Apr

Unsettled with showers falling as snow above around 800 metres with the freezing level close to highest summits. Winds generally from east or northeast, fresh or strong with wind-chill and icing conditions over mountain tops. Occasional hill fog.

Sun 22 Apr

Low pressure close by maintains showery theme with brief sunny intervals. Showers still of snow over hill summits. North or Northeast winds easing with wind-chill reducing but freezing level below summits with slippery surfaces on higher slopes.

Issued at: 0248 on Wed 18 Apr 2012

Lots of prolonged snow showers over the next day or so as well, and with the freezing level below the summits it will stick and accumulate.

http://www.mwis.org....tdrnpfqc/LD.PDF

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Ok, the threads getting a bit long now... New thread here --------------->

Closing this one now