Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Points West isn't broadcasted in this area. The heaviest rain was forecasted to be between 9pm and midnight. Again, that was wrong. I did some weighing up of the models around that time last night, to compare them to the radar. The GFS/UKMO/NAE were all wrong, A: The totals were way out, and so was the indication of the heaviest rains. The HIRLAM was the closest one. The warnings were in the wrong place too, not surprising the MO removed them at lunchtime.

I'm not the only one who thinks the forecasts for here were wrong, my Facebook is covered with complaints about what they saw on TV, and what actually happened. I'm not blaming the forecasters, as they used the models, exactly the same as me. But without a doubt, they over did the rainfall projections. I put this down to the high T-850's, plume style. I've seen precip models get over cooked before, but i've also seen the reverse, not much rain forecasted and then it belts down! lol

Funnily enough, they didn't mention last night about this afternoons rainfall here, more fell in a 2hr 30min period than it did all night, and by then the warnings had gone.rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Lovely weekend. Nearly clear blue skies today, and out of the strenghtining wind, it felt quite warm. The working week doesnt really look too bad for this area either, with the exception of tomorrow, there will be plenty of sunshine around, just not all that warm.

The weekend however, is currently looking cr*p!!!! bad.gifbad.gif ( although time for change still there )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Nice load of hailstones here at the moment - is this normal for Mid May??!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm hot summer days

Bitterly cold in a brisk northerly wind gusting to 20.5mph. Hardly seasonal!

Posted

Well the heatwave (well compared to recent weeks!) is finally here drinks.gif

Temperature here in sunny Southsea is 24.1C at the moment & forecast by the BBC to reach 26C this afternoon good.gif

Posted

Bootiful out there today - currently trying to tempt my gym buddy to play golf instead this evening..

Edited by Joneseye

Posted

Well our patch was the warmest in the UK yesterday, with 26.7C at Lee-On-Solent (just west of Portsmouth) & I recorded 27.8C in my back garden. It is already warmer now than it was this time yesterday with it being just shy of 25C here at the moment so am wondering if we can beat yesterdays high good.gif

Posted

We are already past yesterday's local maximum with lots of hours to increase.

Currently: 24.2Cdirol.gif

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Reached 28C on the nose today, Lee-On-Solent only got to 20C due to a westerly wind off the sea, but Thorney Island got 26C.

Posted

Is there a forum member on the Isle of Scilly as they are getting one hell of a pasting from that thunderstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Is there a forum member on the Isle of Scilly as they are getting one hell of a pasting from that thunderstorm

hi.

i did post something on the convection thread a couple of hours ago but nobody has answered.

looking on sat24.com it looks like its cell after cell going across the isle of scilly and the tip of Cornwall.

fromey

Posted

hi.

i did post something on the convection thread a couple of hours ago but nobody has answered.

looking on sat24.com it looks like its cell after cell going across the isle of scilly and the tip of Cornwall.

fromey

It's supposed to be coming towards me so could get interesting later as we have a food and music festival on this weekend.

Posted

Nope. Very short.

Think we missed the best bits so off to bed we go, so good night

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Overcast this morning/afternoon, humid too.No rain atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The further east you are this afternoon, the greater your chances are of seeing fireworks. Although I don't hold out much hope here.

Posted

any chance Salisbury plane could still set something off wednesday?

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

any chance Salisbury plane could still set something off wednesday?

At the moment the Met Office see a risk of thundery showers so yes it is possible.

The weather has been horrible today. Temperature stuck at 12C and raining non stop.sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

Mixed weather today.One minute warm and sunny ,then grey clouds appear ,next they are gently blown away and the cycle begins again!.:-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

We have a real mixture today, sun, clouds, heavy rain, sun, thunder storm, heavy rain and so it continues!!! More rain than in the winter months!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

amber warning for the south-west now for tomorrow from met office

heavy rain and gales

i thought it was flaming june !