Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Have i just slept through spring?

Yes but with autumn and winter rather mild to very mild overall, I do not think the climate itself knows where it should be on this 24th March. :whistling:

Over the course of next week, it seems the low to mid 70s Fahrenheit are possible at times in the sunshine in the UK. Whilst in parts of Europe, it should reach 80 Fahrenheit today, particularly Spain but not exclusively so.

Looking further ahead, I reckon vast parts of Europe could see the hottest period in living memory at some point, especially when factoring in what has been and gone. IMHO, drought, forest fires, heat stress issues are going to major factors affecting a whole lot of the world this year. To think that only 6 weeks ago, we were leaving an exceptional cold spell behind and a whole lot of Europe was freezing too. :bomb:

There is always a price to pay for the weather and our climate of extremes continues unabated. I may perhaps sound alarmist but try telling that to the millions who withstand the worst of these issues every day of their lives. Welcome to the real world I would say. Of course, whether we can do anything about it is a completely different issue but I know we all can. :gathering:

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I go to football locally every week through the August-April period.

In the last 12 months it has been t-shirt and shorts weather on Good Friday last April, the 1st Saturday in October and now the 24th March!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Gonna be another chilly night 7.5c now after another gorgeous day :air_kiss:

I hope we can get this in summer....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Wow what a fantastic weekend weatherwise, glorious sunshine, hope this isn't summer come early. Local weather station currently saying it's 20.6, thanks http://www.severntales.co.uk

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

as I type this i'm soaking up the sun down here in st ives, feels a bit chilly in the wind but its very easy to find a spot out the wind and it feels very warm, not a cloud in the sky either, quite a few people on the beaches too which ain't bad considering its still march!

Posted

Well it reached 24C (75F) here yesterday afternoon! I checked & the Met Office 'Solent' (Lee-On-Solent) weather station recorded 22C (72F) :good:

Cooler today though at 16C (61F)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm hot summer days

17.00 BST

Observations for Corfe Mullen since midnight:

Overcast all day and in contrast to recent calm conditions a light NEasterly has been constant throughout the day supressing the temperature somewhat. It has remained dry. The outlook is for the fine weather to continue with the cooler conditions persisting

current temp.............................11.7°C

feels like.....................................10.7°C

temp trend ...............................-0.2 °C/hr

min temp ...................................6.7°C @ 04.58hrs

max temp..................................13.0°C @ 15.32 hrs

pressure....................................1018.4mb

pressure trend.........................steady

max pressure...........................1019.8mb @00.10hrs

min pressure............................1017.1mb @05.57 hrs

humidity.....................................68%

dewpoint ..................................5.9°C

wind........................................... light air f1

gust............................................11.4mph NNE @15.06hrs

rain.............................................0.0mm

cloud base...............................2423 ft

Outlook......continuing fine and settled

Posted

Chance of a transient snow event maybe tuesday evening..... :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm hot summer days

Well the sun is out and the sky is cloudless but it is a cold morning with a slight overnight frost.

temp 2.5°C

pressure 1021.3mb

humidity 76%

dewpoint -1.3°C

wind calm f0

Posted

Not got time to really check but netweather and met office have me down for moderate snow tuesday night :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

sleet predicted here for early wed morning, incredible difference to this week.

How many other islands in the world can have such variation in temperature and weatehr type in the space of a week?

Posted

sleet predicted here for early wed morning, incredible difference to this week.

How many other islands in the world can have such variation in temperature and weatehr type in the space of a week?

Ireland...? :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

I heard it might snow - thought it was an April Fool's Joke as it is warm and sunny here again!! When I heard from a third unconnected person, decided to check on here to see if there were any forthcoming reports! Thanks Mullender!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Got to say after the fantastic weather last week and even today, Im not overly enthused about the prospect of it turning colder with cold rain/ sleet.

Just seems a bit of pain when I am getting the veg patch going to have to be delayed and interrupted :cray:

Posted

Looks to me that ppn is being downgraded for western areas tuesday into wednesday so we will just get some showery rain/sleet before it all fizzles out when colder uppers arrive tuesday night! :doh: never a shortage of ppn here except when snow is possible! :aggressive:

I was kinda hoping quietly that a repeat of april 2000 might have been possible lol :acute:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

A very frosty morning. Haven't checked the stats yet but v cold will do for now!

If no snow. I want the glorious sunshine back!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

My location had only two Air Frosts during March and a 1.6c above average departure from the normal in terms of temperature. Heading into the second day of April, we have had two successive Air Frosts with the possibility of a few more to come and even some temporary snow.

You could not make it up.

Good stuff.

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Well meto/bbc seem confident on the ppn going south east but 12z gfs seems to want to bring a significant snowy spell into midlands and south west england...

Love to see meto come on board later for a final twist to the saga :rofl:

Posted

Well meto/bbc seem confident on the ppn going south east but 12z gfs seems to want to bring a significant snowy spell into midlands and south west england...

Love to see meto come on board later for a final twist to the saga :rofl:

The forecast i just saw on BBC indicated a mix of rain, sleet and snow for our area on Wednesday morning - i'd imagine wet snow confined to the higher ground of the Cotswolds, Mendips, etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

As far as I'm concerned everyone else can keep the snow coz I've been enjoying the hot weather of the past couple of weeks and would like it to stay that way lol :p Have noticed since the weekend that the evenings have gotten cooler than than they have been recently but days are still nice and warm, hurrah!

Posted

The forecast i just saw on BBC indicated a mix of rain, sleet and snow for our area on Wednesday morning - i'd imagine wet snow confined to the higher ground of the Cotswolds, Mendips, etc

your right it seems met office are coming round to it also with meto office location specific forecast now saying light snow all day wednesday for home and sleet turning to snow for bristol area. Interesting although im sure it will change again yet.

Posted

your right it seems met office are coming round to it also with meto office location specific forecast now saying light snow all day wednesday for home and sleet turning to snow for bristol area. Interesting although im sure it will change again yet.

And Ian's stand-in at end of Points West just now did NOT show same graphics as National BBC weather for Wednesday morning - confused!