Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Had some massive flakes here in last 30 minutes. It turned from rain to sleet and now full on snowflakes, ground too wet to settle on had 13.2mm of rain beforehand. Im filming the blizzard like conditions now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Good dump of snow or a damn good thunderstorm

In fact it is now seriously snowing. Yeay get that sledge out :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

plenty of snow is still falling from the sky on dear newbury.. Of course too wet to settle but enough to cause some issues I suspect. I am due to get out in it a moment... Will be wrapping up! ...Yep still streamming down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

just rain here, hearing it's snowing in Winchester though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, hot sunny weather

Missed any snow falling we may have had, cold and damp here now, can see snow on Crickley Hill though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Brrr. Only 1.2c now so some crazy temperature drops and as it started snowing at about 4c or so I was rather taken aback by it. It just shows when the right upper and mid-level temperature profiles are present it can snow in higher temperatures and dewpoints than one might imagine.

Judging by the radar it should soon be coming to an end, but it has settled on the grass and cars here, so am still impressed by what I've seen.

Any chance of a upload of that video Mark?

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I'm just uploading the video up now, will edit the 3 seperate videos together and should be done within next few hours :)

It settled slightly on the grass here, but too wet everywhere else.

Mark.

Posted

All i had was heavy sleety rain... Coming to a end now ah well jugding by it turn to heavy snow in newbury.. London could have fun later.... Bloody south east.. Seems to get loads of snow last few years lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

All i had was heavy sleety rain... Coming to a end now ah well jugding by it turn to heavy snow in newbury.. London could have fun later.... Bloody south east.. Seems to get loads of snow last few years lol

Whilst not in the southeast exactly in Newbury, I had recorded 8 snow falling days and 3 days where snow was lying to MetO standards by day up to now. Not as startling as some might imagine, mind you it has been pretty desperate for folks further west and especially on the coast.

Now 0.9c, how low will it go? The beeb forecast I saw earlier hinted at come possible ICE patches by morning with temperatures generally 2c to 3c above freezing. I think they will be way out at this rate.

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Hi folks, winter still has a sting in its tail! Snowing here in Southampton for about an hour, temp 2.8 now, it started snowing with a temp of 3.5, amazing. Since 9am the temp has gone down from 8.8 to 2.8! Some drop.

Around 1110, a front went through, very marked wind shift, from SW to N, the frontal clouds were showing a distinct swirly upward motion, sort of thing you see when the front is capable of spawning tornadoes. The MetO were analysing it as an occlusion but it looked much more like a cold front to me.

Seems to be dying out now, I expect we'll see the edge of the frontal cloud soon.

Posted

Alternating between sleet and wet snow here in Reading, has eased in the last few minutes.

Indeed. My car windscreen had a covering of slush. Went for a drive with my daughter around 11. In a really heavy burst of rain there was some ice which I thought was hail (very unusuall I thought as it is a showery type of PPN). Might be worth a drive to stokenchurch later!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Now 0.9c, how low will it go? The beeb forecast I saw earlier hinted at come possible ICE patches by morning with temperatures generally 2c to 3c above freezing. I think they will be way out at this rate.

Regards

gottolovethisweather

It should rise later this afternoon especially if the sun comes out to about 3c probably, but yes should drop down close to freezing again tonight, although the wind will prevent an air frost I should think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

No snow this morning but approx 12mm of rain fell. Just had a hail shower pass through from those showers filtering down from Wales Se-wards. Can see more convective clouds (building up quite nicely actually) heading my way. Fresh sunshine in-between showers. Temp is currently at 6.9c, dp of 3.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Had some massive flakes here in last 30 minutes. It turned from rain to sleet and now full on snowflakes, ground too wet to settle on had 13.2mm of rain beforehand. Im filming the blizzard like conditions now.

yes very big wet flakes here to.

light drizzle now

Posted

My video of the snow at around midday this afternoon, excuse the cheesy music lol

Posted

Some very interesting weather today with the back edge of the main precipitation turning to sleet and then frequent hail / soft hail showers through the mid-late afternoon. The temperature yo-yoed between 3.1c - 7.0c for the entire daylight period and has dropped off under

clear sky this evening to 2.3c currently.

Posted

No snow here today, but a nice 13 mm of rain, almost the same amount that fell during the whole of February!

Posted

time to look forward to some spring sunshine. high pressure in charge it seems. wish it were june rather than march