Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Main bulk of the rain has now passed through here. Thoroughly wet day and total rainfall recorded from 00:00 this morning up to now is exactly 25mm according to our local weather station. Waiting time now to see if the rest of the week brings some potent showers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

At last something to enlighten us. Yesterday, Newbury received a 27m.p.h top wind gust and 8.6mm of useful rainfall. Then, today we have achieved another Thunder day. This came courtesy of a single rumble heard a few moments ago. In addition, the NW v6 radar shows up the strike and another very well on the most recent image.

Happy days.

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm hot summer days

Some short heavy showers just passed through here. Hail, thunder and 2.1mm of pptn. in less than an hour. Cleared away now and sun is out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Some beefy hail showers today with fair sized hail (for these parts) and even a few rumbles of thunder! With less wind about tomorrow we could see some localised flooding in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

It must of been cold last night. The pea sized hail that fell about 7.30pm is still on the grass this morning. Will upload a picture later when I'm not on my phone.

We had 2 massive hail storms within half an hour last night mixed in with thunder and lightning. localised though as I know Poole didn't get anything other than rain.

Edited by divadee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Currently have a moderately heavy hail shower over head with quite a notable cold wind after what was a rather pleasent day with lengthy sunny spells!

As I said, notably cooler now though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

3.1C here already - going to be a chilly one tonight.

Posted

Heavy shower with a little hail passed overhead about 20 mins ago. Radar shows it's been developing very quickly and it's now producing thunder in the distance about every minute as it heads out over the Solent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Random rumblings here and a sky that can't decide to be blue, white or black at the mo! No lightning seen yet tho :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Hi anyone here from Taunton area. I'm looking at getting a taxi from Taunton to mine head in a few weeks and was wondering what taxi fares are like.

Posted

Hi anyone here from Taunton area. I'm looking at getting a taxi from Taunton to mine head in a few weeks and was wondering what taxi fares are like.

Lol! Probably best asking a cabbie that rather than a weather forum!

Had one shower here today, otherwise it has been a pleasent and sunny day! Got told of a thundery shower around the Chippenham area at around 16.00 though! Reports of lightning, thunder and hail! Anyone confer?

Posted

Lightning seen and it was pinky-coloured and horizontal on 2 occasions - cool!! yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Lol! Probably best asking a cabbie that rather than a weather forum!

Whys that if someone is from Taunton and has used a taxi they would know fare prices.

It's about 26 miles and up here that would be about £26

Posted

We had torrential showers popping up so close to us yesterday that the radar thinks we had about 10mm of rain in the last 24 hours, when we actually had 0mm! I did drive through a heavy rain/hail shower though and for just about 200-300 meters (at a guess) it was white with hail next to the road.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Its amazing how some very local places have had up to and over 30mm of rain from showers over the last few days where I have had just 1.1mm of rain since since Tuesday morning. The net weather radar shows a wide range of colours, indicating the very varied totals in just a small area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I know showers are extremely hit & miss. But damn, i've certainly missed them. It's been sunny and warm for 99% of the week here. Just a light shower bringing 0.4mm of rain on Tuesday.

The synoptics this time last week look great for rain etc .. and it's been the complete oposite. Oh well ..

Posted

Confirm thunder & lightning in Fareham again, woohoooooooooooooooooooooooo!! yahoo.gif

Posted

Moderately heavy hail shower here and very prolonged too! Been large soft hail here for around half a hour now, and even though it's not that heavy, is turning roads into rivers!

Some rather large hail too, albeit soft! Feels quite sureal as the sky is bright and clouds not particularly heavy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Got any pictures Active Weather Dude? Sounds like fun, just a brief heavy shower here in Yatton.

Posted

Got any pictures Active Weather Dude? Sounds like fun, just a brief heavy shower here in Yatton.

No, unfortunetly not! Caught me rather by suprise so instead of grabbing the camera, I had to prioritise and grab the cushions of my patio furniture and take the parasol down! Up until that point it had been a lovely sunny and rather pleasent day!

Posted

Very interesting to trace the radar back to mid pm yesterday, the convergence zone rain/showers that drifted North practically

stalled along the M4 corridor and has remained virtually stationary ever since with varying degrees of rainfall intensity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Wake up wake up! help.gifsearch.gif

Today was yet another Thunder day for me; did anyone else not get some Thunder and Lightning? Furthermore, the rain gauge has accumulated 10.4mm since midnight. The current temperature reads 4.6c so it is looking like another cold one.

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Today has been horrendous, cold wet and miserable, and to think some on here complain about warm and sunny weather being boring etc etc, I can't believe anyone would prefer this rubbish we have now over high pressure!

Here's hoping the models show signs soon of warm & settled weather.