Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Paul

Posted

Yesterday stayed sunny all day here, despite reports of storms not far away. Turned out hot too with a high of 29.5C.

Today was cloudy at first but we now have clear blue sky & warm sunshine again. Temperature is 23.9C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Much more comfortable temp here today. Lost the humidity now and instead have a nice sunny, pleasently warm day.

Lovely for a beer in the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

A poor start to the Bank Holiday down here in the West Country with rain knocking on the door as I type.

http://icons.wunderground.com/webcamramdisk/g/i/gibsy/1/current.jpg?1346053262

Posted

Lashing down here in North Bristol. Washout day i guess.

Should be the last one here for a while now though. Can't see us getting much in the way of shower activity during the next couple of days, although I'm sure there will be a few scattered about.

There after, warm settled and rather sunny for the foreseeable future here. Just a shame it's when I go back to work properly and the kids go back to school. Would of given us loads of days out to the beach otherwise.

Posted

Should be the last one here for a while now though. Can't see us getting much in the way of shower activity during the next couple of days, although I'm sure there will be a few scattered about.

There after, warm settled and rather sunny for the foreseeable future here. Just a shame it's when I go back to work properly and the kids go back to school. Would of given us loads of days out to the beach otherwise.

If the decent weather stretches beyond the w/e 8th/9th Sept i'll miss it - off to the Algarve,Portugal for a week+.

Just hope pressure remains High down there - don't want any LPs developing down over Iberia whilst i'm away.

Posted

If the decent weather stretches beyond the w/e 8th/9th Sept i'll miss it - off to the Algarve,Portugal for a week+.

Just hope pressure remains High down there - don't want any LPs developing down over Iberia whilst i'm away.

Lucky bugger.... Lol! blum.gif

You got a good spell coming your way then. Warm and settled first week of Sept, then more than likely warmer and settled down in the Algarve. Hopefully you shouldn't see another spot of rain ( after Wednesday ) for around 2 weeks at least.

Enjoy!

Here you go mate, 20c Isotherm should easily make mid - high 30c's! good.gif

post-12721-0-30782900-1346096021_thumb.p

Edited by Active Weather Dude

Posted

Lucky bugger.... Lol! blum.gif

You got a good spell coming your way then. Warm and settled first week of Sept, then more than likely warmer and settled down in the Algarve. Hopefully you shouldn't see another spot of rain ( after Wednesday ) for around 2 weeks at least.

Enjoy!

Here you go mate, 20c Isotherm should easily make mid - high 30c's! good.gif

post-12721-0-30782900-1346096021_thumb.p

Cheersgood.gif

Posted

Been a lousy day here today with just a brief brighter break around lunchtime. 10.2mm of rain with the final burst passing as I type. Quite lively winds too earlier on. Look forward to tomorrows better weather

Incidentally to those of you local to my location you can view a complete 5 day weather forecast compiled by me for our patch together with an extended outlook for day 5-15 plus a seasonal forecast for the forthcoming Autumn and the Model Output report that I submit to here. The local paper around here is doing a feature about my interest in weather and the new website service for Midsomer Norton and Radstock this week so it may be worth you being one of the first folks to take a look. The forecasts and Model Ouput reports are up dated twice daily just after 8:00am and pm. The site's domain is http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk

Forgive me for the plug.

Edited by Gibby

Posted

Lively conditions here tomorrow - embedded Cb's likely within the morning frontal rain; some rather copious CAPE in the cells following on later through the morning and afternoon, again some of these thundery based on latest NAE profiles. The upstream developments (and associated SFERIC's) are now apparent on radar across the Irish Sea. At least with the brisk winds, we should see cells pass through any one spot fairly briskly, so despite rainfall rates of circa 20mm p/hr (plus possible hail), localised accumulations will tend to be ameliorated. Gusty / squally winds will be a feature fairly widely, where associated with the deeper convection.

Best

Ian

Posted

Monsoon-like this morning in central Bristol.

Not long until my annual Sept visit to The Algarve - bring it on!

Posted

A very wet morning here with low light levels and this narrow band of frontal rain making things very unpleasant out and about. looking forward to some beefy showers later. Can't see much lightning from this band though but some lightning echoes showing to the West, notably over SE Ireland with the odd one scattered about elsewhere with a strike recently reported over Exmoor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

The rains really coming down hear now, have to admit it hasnt been as heavy as i thought it would be, im actually counting down the days to winter now, i cant help it , after the summer we'v had i cant wait.

Posted

The front today is really packing a punch down here in the West Country. We have received 12.0mm of rain since 08:15 with quite an impressive squall line just passed through.

Edited by Gibby

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Morning all, biblical rain here at the moment, with squally winds.

fromey

Posted

Raining heavily here still, has been for the last few hours now. Not quite on the biblical scale yet though! blum.gif

Posted

Thunderstorm currently running up the Severn Estuary moving up towards Gloucestershire.

Edited by Gibby

Posted

Thunderstorm currently running up the Severn Estuary moving up towards Gloucestershire.

Just hitting central Bristol right now - torrential rain and thunder. Unusually cold out there as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The rain started here at 9:15am, it has finally stopped at 3pm. Though some brief dry weather, then some nasty showers moving through, look thundery too.

Posted

LEWP around the Stroud area!

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Thunder /lightning/heavy rain here in wELLINGTON .The sun poping out is helping to feed the showers/thunder I think.

Posted

With a nice squall line this morning, which produced a peak rain rate of 64.18mm/hr, it felt a tad like we had our own hurricane Isaac for a while.

Posted

Just had a short but torrential shower here, only minutes ago I was enjoying the brilliant clear moonlight!

Posted

Hello, just joined the famous netweather website. Im based in Yatton North Somerset. Looking forward to visiting this forum from now on.

Edited by latitude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hello, just joined the famous netweather website. Im based in Yatton North Somerset. Looking forward to visiting this forum from now on.

Welcome aboard this heavenly place. You will learn so much from the many forums that encapsulate netweather.