Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

More hazy today, with a more noticeable breeze thus cooler....still lovely though.....back to cloud and cooler temps though tomorrow onwards I fear

Tomorrow still looks very sunny. Although more of a breeze it doesnt feel that cool tbh and is very pleasant out there. :)

For those that have been looking forward to next weeks change I hope you enjoy boring cloudy and cool. Ugh. :/

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Glorious day yet again, just a few clouds, high of 17.3c so a smidge cooler than recent days but still been an absolutely fantastic spell of weather which probably won't happen again now till September :lol:

Posted

Tomorrow still looks very sunny. Although more of a breeze it doesnt feel that cool tbh and is very pleasant out there. :)

For those that have been looking forward to next weeks change I hope you enjoy boring cloudy and cool. Ugh. :/

yep some are already bored of this weather, for gods sakes its only been really good like this for about 10 days max, we are probably not gonna see any rain next week just cloudy, cool and breezy, how depressing, at least if we saw plenty of rain i would like that,

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted

The clouds rolled in here now after a clear calm evening with quite a gusty wind.

It's quite strange but these warm spells often seem to end this way here nowadays, the Indian Summer heatwave ended with a wall of cloud and gusty wind from the north west here as did the April warm spell last year, its certainly going to be a shock to the system this weekend.

However despite the cool down and grey Friday & Saturday ahead things look rather sunny for Sunday and at times next week, the cold blast next week looks a very sunny one with high pressure quickly building back in again.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

slate grey skies & chilly....back to normality...ho hum

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Full cloud cover today. It's like as if someone flicked a switch to turn the blue sky we have had in the last few days into cloud. If only I can find that switch to turn the cloud back into blue sky. ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We started with cloud but have had an absolutely gorgeous afternoon :)

slate grey skies & chilly....back to normality...ho hum

Yes felt very chilly this morning but it cleared to leave a very pleasant afternoon with a nice refreshing breeze.

GFS 12Z shows the chance of some heavy prolonged snowfall for the midlands especially hills early wednesday morning :o

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1144.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1142.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn1141.png

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn11417.png

Posted

With uppers of -5*C and below, with some cold surface temperatures, that does look encouraging for some possible wintry weather.

As much as I enjoy warm, sunny spells like these (and I admit I will be disappointed to see this warm spell step away from the region, especially when you think of all the cloudless day it has provided) would love to see one last snowfall before it gives up the ghost for the Summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

today was a day that was always going to stay cloudy, NW wind, cloudiest area of UK the NW midlands, only been 12C today as well being so close to the cheshire gap,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

today was a day that was always going to stay cloudy, NW wind, cloudiest area of UK the NW midlands, only been 12C today as well being so close to the cheshire gap,

Unlucky, on the contrary the sun was coming out just before lunchtime and it was another warn and sunny day down here. :D

Posted

Slate grey skies here in Telford all day but went to Birmingham and it was nice and sunny there late afternoon.

Next week looks interesting, id much rather have a cold/wet/horrid April as it will give me more confidence in the summer.

Posted

No shining sun at the moment, thanks to an 8 okta overcast cloud cover *sends the Solihull cloud over to the North-West of the region so they get an extra layer of cloud cover* 😜

Posted

the north west of the region sucks! as I expected today light showers coming through cheshire gap, 7.6C reminder its still march

although assuming everywhere away from the north west is dry and sunny (and whats happened to the north west regional thread?)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the north west of the region sucks! as I expected today light showers coming through cheshire gap, 7.6C reminder its still march

although assuming everywhere away from the north west is dry and sunny (and whats happened to the north west regional thread?)

Due to the fact that the winter season has drawn to an end thus a general lack of posts in the regionals, the smaller regionals have been combined with other regionals...in this instance, the north west regional thread was amalgamated into the north of England thread

Posted

I have struggled to find time to get on this week, but I must day what an absolutely gorgeous one it has been! Best week I can remember in march by far! I say bring on the posibility of a tad more snow next week before more of what we had this week! :D

Posted

Only the North East is seeing clearer weather which will spread to us lately. This is not Cheshire Gap muck today. Winds are from the North East anyway hence the brighter weather making it here later.

Oh and what an exciting week ahead...not. Chilly but very unlikely to have any wintry precip here. Any settling snow will quickly melt. Not really worth getting excited for imo! More of the last week please instead!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Happy April all. ;-)

But what's this? According to the AFD weather model, it will not be cold at all next week now. In fact, this has been downgraded entirely as the AFD programs the High to the West of the UK to suddenly move to the East drawing up some very warm air from the South and South-East. The temperatures could reach as warm as 30*C next week thanks to a deep seated Southerly airflow shown on the AFD, so some records could be broken. Do not believe what the 18Z GFS and all the other models are showing for next week. They have apparently been incorrectly programmed and thus had an affect on the outcomes they have shown.

The statistics show that the AFD is the most accurate model out their with a 99% accuracy - even out at day ten. This means its rather warm outlook for next week will come off. Despite the airflow being directly from South, it will be completely sunny for all of next week for the Midlands on the AFD thanks to the fact the deep seated Southerly airflow will have a slight Easterly element to it. ;)

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

afd means april fools day matey, but yeah cold has been downgraded on 00Z's, milder by thursday, milder Easter weekend, but does show wet snow possibilities on tuesday evening

Posted

Cloudless skies this morning here, yesterday was hideous but today looks like another glorious day.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted

afd means april fools day matey, but yeah cold has been downgraded on 00Z's, milder by thursday, milder Easter weekend, but does show wet snow possibilities on tuesday evening

That is correct. Was a little April Fools joke of mine (he hee) :)

A very sunny today. Almost seems like yesterday's cloudy day was just a one-off. Not too warm out their, although just about plesaant enough with a temperature around 10.7*C. :)

Posted

Today is actually very very nice. Was expecting more cloud. Yes its cooler in relative to this week but now the sun is strong, its warm regardless. :D

Posted

It's weird how the UV index has gone down again now to, was in the sun a good few hours but not caught it unlike in the week.

Tuesday looks very interesting, im just hoping the usual trend doesn't happen aka all the heavy precipitation dodges us and we get nothing but drizzle.