Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted

Glorious day today, warm with hazy sunshine and a high of 18c! perfection.

Caught the sun a bit to!! I remember we had similar conditions this time last year (a tad cooler though) and the sun didn't feel anywhere near as strong as today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

wall to wall sunshine, 71F, cold beer, and BBQ chicken sizzling away in the garden....perrrrfect! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like my 17-20c max prediction turned out right after all for us in the W Midlanders. The E mids was always going to be slightly cooler.

Only just read these posts so i'll reply now,

Eugene is very quiet this week, he was convinced the fog would be as bad this week as it was last week. It has been far from a repeat performance!

Well i've been busy this week until today, yes fog wasnt as bad as i thought BUT there was a nasty accident on the M5 this morning due to dense fog so it still has been a problem the past few days just not as widespread or persistent as last week, sorry i cant forcast fog 100% correctly but i dont think anybody can.

This week the HP cell mid week was in a slightly different position to what was first shown with more of an easterly breeze which we all know will prevent fog, this weekend into next week HP will move more directly over the UK so the fog risk will increase, it will clear though much quicker than last week in inland areas, some thick patches might in isolated rural spots be more stubborn to clear though.

Indeed! His posts appear to be hoping nice weather will arrive but secretly im pretty sure Eugene likes it cold, cloudy, damp and stuck indoors weather-boring!

Well if you've ever read my posts you will see i do alot of walking in the cotswolds so why would i want weather that isnt good for doing that, i hate when the countryside is a mud bath its horrible for walking, i probably enjoy the outdoors more than the warm weather fans do anyway, i am not going to post everyday when the weather is nice, simple really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Fair enough Eugene.

Anyhow, an Exceptional day for March. It's still warm right now! 20c was our Max today with similar expected until at least thursday. Non stop sun today too. 10/10 undoubtedly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

13.3C max, not enough sun radiation I dont think affecting my sensor, moved it for tomorrow. 22C last Wed, 13C today, this position should be inbetween

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

13.3C max, not enough sun radiation I dont think affecting my sensor, moved it for tomorrow. 22C last Wed, 13C today, this position should be inbetween

13.3 definitely a sperious recording Mark...is your station calibrated correctly?.......most stations within a 20 mile radius were recording 17-21C during peak heating today

Posted

Indeed, thats far too low for today.

Posted

Looks like my 17-20c max prediction turned out right after all for us in the W Midlanders. The E mids was always going to be slightly cooler.

I apologise for my earlier pessimistic reply, as soon as I typed it, the cloud started to break up!

Posted

wall to wall sunshine, 71F, cold beer, and BBQ chicken sizzling away in the garden....perrrrfect! :D

we can have BBQ's in october and march,but not in june, july august

Posted

Fantastic sunny morning, going to head out in it now, overnight low dipped to 4.6c so expecting quite a large diurnal variation today!

Posted

Quite nice to see ourselves and the West enjoying temperatures of 13-16c already whilst throughout the East, many are between 5-10c. :lol:

Another glorious day ahead here. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

whilst throughout the East, many are between 5-10c. :lol:

15C here. Problem? :winky:

Posted

15C here. Problem? :winky:

Your more Central. :lol:

Look on XC Weather from Lincolnshire through to Kent. Very chilly there!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Another lovely day with the weather behaving itself again. Also seems to be less hazier today compared to yesterday, but with a few cirrus clouds dotted about. Will be the perfect day to give the grass a haircut. :D

Posted

Absolutely perfect weather here, finally clear blue skies today with just a few trails of cirrus opposed to the haze/mist we've had recently.

Temperature at 18.3c at the moment & caught the sun again to :D

Posted

Blimey, two posts from Wildwood and Telford that are both Positive and one after the other too! :lol:

Things must be brilliant. :D hehe

Posted

Blimey, two posts from Wildwood and Telford that are both Positive and one after the other too! :lol:

Things must be brilliant. :D hehe

No, we've probably slipped into an alternate reality

Posted

Your grass has hair? Hm.. interesting.

Soo..what's it today, then? Short back and sides?

Okay, that was poor... :80:

Basically gave it a short spiky haircut using a lawn mower. ;-)

Still feels quite warm out their with the temperature just about below 10*C, though it kinda feels more like 12*C. I'm guessing the humidity must be rather high.

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Morning all...

Wall to wall sunshine over Birmingham and looking to be a beautiful summers day :)

Visibility good with Barr Beacon just in sight for the first morning in a while

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

Indeed. :) An absolutely beautiful day with no clouds in the sky whatsoever. I'm guessing the clouds are too tired to hang around the Midlands today, and are off sleeping somewhere. :)

Posted

Yep, stunning today...not quite as warm as yesterday currently, but still very nice....No high level cloud today so azure blue skies as opposed to hazy