Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted

Absolutely stunning today, a shockingly rare event for Telford to be cloudless again :lol:

Unbroken sunshine all day with a high of 18.4c, currently 17.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A stunning day. No haze, not one cloud in sight and 20c. :D Warmer than yesterday and very little wind. Couldnt ask for better. Possibly the best March day ive known.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

morning all...

Beautiful sunrise to start another fine day :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Morning all! So what's is the weather like it Telford I'm coming back today and after having 3 days of wall to wall warm sunshine I'm dreading going back haha!

Posted

Morning all! So what's is the weather like it Telford I'm coming back today and after having 3 days of wall to wall warm sunshine I'm dreading going back haha!

Telford has been awesome for the past couple of days, not a cloud in the sky :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Another 'there-are-no-clouds-in-the-sky-day'. Such grand weather. :D To get two completely cloudless days like this in a row is just incredible. Wonder if we can get another cloudless day like this again tomorrow. Hoping we can get some great big juicy thunderstorms at some point, though. Seems like in the last few weeks, getting rain has been as rare as getting snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Another stunning day at 20c.

Tomorrow will be the same and perhaps 1 or 2c warmer.

Thursday should be pretty clear again but maybe a few clouds and a tad cooler.

Posted

Nothing more annoying than seeing Winter charts return when Spring is in full swing. Whats the chances of the Azores high being stuck in the wrong place when we want it only for it to return later in Autumn!

Still, it doesnt look like turning cold just back to Average. Very dry outlook still. No rain really forecast until at least April 8th now. Constantly getting pushed back.

Posted

Almost makes you wonder that with all this dry weather occurring that eventually we may suddenly go through an extremely unsettled period with constant hailstorms hammering car windows and breaking them, and very frequently rainfalls. One thing I hope 2012 does, which 2011 did not quite deliver, is offer more variation within the weather with higher quality thunderstorms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Almost makes you wonder that with all this dry weather occurring that eventually we may suddenly go through an extremely unsettled period with constant hailstorms hammering car windows and breaking them, and very frequently rainfalls. One thing I hope 2012 does, which 2011 did not quite deliver, is offer more variation within the weather with higher quality thunderstorms.

Yes, we need some spanish plumes to deliver the Harrods type storms as opposed to the popcorn single-celled Lidl's/Aldi type guff we normally have to put up with!

Posted

Yes, we need some spanish plumes to deliver the Harrods type storms as opposed to the popcorn single-celled Lidl's/Aldi type guff we normally have to put up with!

Haha and even most of them were those 'On Offer Storms' that were nearly out of date. ;)

To be honest last year was excellent for night storms here. :)

Posted

An exceptionally dry GFS 18z. GFS shows a little drizzle on Sunday but I doubt that will happen. Could be dry for at least the next 2 weeks. As serious as this persistent dryness is, it is also interesting to see how long this can last.

Posted

Forecast is today should set another sun record

UNSEASONABLE conditions look set to continue in Burton and South Derbyshire with today predicted to be the hottest day of the year so far.

Burton weather

Weather experts have predicted a maximum temperature of 21C today following a high of nearly 16C over the weekend causing people to bask in sunshine rarely seen at this time of year. But forecasters are predicting temperatures will drop following the midweek high — causing people to rush for jumpers and jeans rather than T-shirts and shorts. Newhall Weather Station’s Paul Gilliver said: “I am afraid that the temperatures didn’t quite make the expected highs over the weekend.

“Saturday saw 14.4C with a morning low of 5.1C while the Sunday high was 15.9C with a low of 4.9C “Monday and yesterday reached temperatures of 20C with no cloud cover showing how easily the temperature can rise with the clear and right conditions.

“I see no change for the next couple of days.â€

If the predictions are correct, today will become the hottest day of the year. Richard Jeffries, of Rosliston Weather Station, added: “Tomorrow is still expected to be warm but slightly cooler due to a potential change in wind direction. Sunshine is expected with a maximum temperature of 17C. “As we get to Friday, it will still be dry and bright but a little cooler again as winds gradually become more north westerly. Temperatures will still be mild with a high of 15C. “Saturday is expected to have more cloud than recently but still dry. It will start to feel much cooler as temperatures fall back down to around average for this time of the year. It might not get any warmer than 11C.â€

http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/News/Forecast-is-today-should-set-another-sun-record-27032012.htm

Posted

From the observation of a College window, it is sunny with no clouds again for the 3rd time in a row. I think the clouds have given up invading the Midlands altogether. Problem with weather like this is that all you want to do is go out in it rather than doing some paperwork. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

20.9C and only march, summers definitely extending during modern 2000's era, but maybe cooler over all especially august, amazing how warm it feels even with a notable NW wind

Fahrenheit sucks! never use it, americanised version, shouldnt exist,

Edited by Storms? norfolk n chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Another cloudless day today, & 70F for the 4th day on the bounce.....lovely, just lovely! :D

Posted

Another exceptional day. Feels much warmer out there tonight than last night too. Tomorrow will be just as good just a degree or two cooler maybe and a little cloud in the North. Probably very little difference. Friday still looks quite warm but with some cloud at first maybe.

Then some lovely Spring charts ahead... not. Winter charts appearing at the wrong time really and have a bad feeling this could last.

Posted

Morning all

Much of a muchness where blue skies abound, apart from a steady NW breeze which may help keep things a little cooler today... Hopefully get some clouds in the sky tomorrow

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

No, it can't be. There's a c... c... cl-c...c...cl.......c...c.....clo.... Ah, I can't say it, there's something white in the sky! And it's stopping today from being a totally cloudless day. Still a great day, weather-wise, nonetheless and the temperature is...

*drum roll*

...10*C. :)

Posted
No, it can't be. There's a c... c... cl-c...c...cl.......c...c.....clo.... Ah, I can't say it, there's something white in the sky! And it's stopping today from being a totally cloudless day. Still a great day, weather-wise, nonetheless and the temperature is... *drum roll* ...10*C. :)
where where... i`ll be over it like a rash Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

where where... i`ll be over it like a rash

No clouds please! :lol:

Posted

More hazy today, with a more noticeable breeze thus cooler....still lovely though.....back to cloud and cooler temps though tomorrow onwards I fear

Posted

where where... i`ll be over it like a rash

A few cirrus clouds around, though nothing too noticeable. Otherwise pretty much clear blue skies again. :)

Posted

mmm talking of clouds...there`s some good looking cirrus forming over Birmingham atm