Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Yep small hail her aswell

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Major hail storm in progress here, the streets are covered and it's still going x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Darn ol' Solihull Shower Shield has ensured all showers have missed us, yet just a few miles North-West, one or two of them had given the Birmingham Shower Shield a good thumping. Personally hope that big shower to the South/South-West will reach here, unless a sudden change of wind direction blows it too far East (lol).

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

Showers from earlier grazing the NW of Birmingham

Posted

Dodged all but two showers today which altogether gave about 1mm rain which looks set to be it now for the month :lol:

Edited by conor123

Posted

Brumcam looking good tonight, Arnie. The BT Tower standing tall under the stars

You know Im always seeing stars :unknw:

Nobody from Brum has ever seen that amount of stars

auto ISO settings a bit wayward Im thinking......unless my screen needs cleaning......anybody got a 262 ft ladder

Cheers 09 & Rainbow :good:

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

unbelievable, wet snow here, similar to 16-18 Dec, 2.8C seems too high

Sleet in Chilwell, 2.8C at 7.40am, then wet snow by 8am and a drop to 1.9C! Steady sleety rain now. No weather for golf!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

morning from Penkridge, where it is snowing heavily !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and back to sleet/rain as the back edge clearance approaches from the north west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

I just saw the radar and came here straight away! You had snow AJ? Wow. Nothing to note here as yet except it does look very murky looking north from here. 4.8oC currently.

Posted

I just saw the radar and came here straight away! You had snow AJ? Wow. Nothing to note here as yet except it does look very murky looking north from here. 4.8oC currently.

Yep, had about 20-30 mins of wet snow, quite heavy, Mark had wet snow just up the road in stafford ....The band does look to be fragmenting and weakening as it moves SSE, but the heavier ppn is on its western flank, so with your added altitude (I'm 100m asl) you should see some wintry ppn within the hour :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Getting moderate rain right now, more intense stuff looks still to be northwards of here but yes, it is breaking up. :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

8mm in total here, most of it from convective showers yesterday. Nice to see some intensification on the radar as it approached here at times. Thats been quite a them of late so would love to see more of that in the summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Gongratulations to those who got snow. :D Seemed to miss the precipitation here (due to being asleep), although my mum mentioned their being rain here, so probably not been quite cold (or heavy) enough for snow to fall. Thanks snow shield! ;-)

Posted

Heads up Guys - some beefy weather approaching from Mid Wales, think it may go in a SSE Direction, but i can defo see the Cumo-nimbus from our house, looking Good :)

I see some nice pulses of rain over Coventry and Rugby, :D

Edited by Hooverman

Posted

Thanks for the 'heads up'....yep some nice convective activity building up over the north midlands, all drifting slowly SSE.....could be an interesting afternoon for some :)

Posted

Sorry I haven't been online, couldn't remember my password after beig logged out for some reason! I can confim that I also had 20-30 mins of wet snow this morning starting around 9am. Looks like some showers on the way!

Posted

Heads up Wolverhampton - Nice pulses on the radar, good 20minutes of Rain.

Edited by Hooverman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

One Sferic picked up an hour ago between Penkridge and Wolverhampton. Quite a convective day this afternoon despite shows just missing here mostly. Some nice intense cells popping up although never lasting too long. Here's to a hot and thundery spring and summer!

Posted

its made a thomas cook flight into Brum slightly deviate around the weather over Worcester at the moment. wondered what was going on the Aircraft radar screen. then looked out of the window :)

Edited by Hooverman

Posted

GFS 12z is a solidly dry run. Even well into FI where there is usually at least some attempt form the Atlantic, there just isnt any whatsoever! For now any early April pattern change are already at risk of being put on hold imo!