Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted

looks like yet again all our good synoptics will probably be used up in spring, and summer will be another windy cool dull fest

feels like this pattern keeps repeating itself every year

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/2011/avn/Rtavn00220110321.png

Indeed this week looks just like this time last year!

In fact this year has been just as boring thus far here, hopefully this weeks high won't be another dreary cloud fest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

looks like yet again all our good synoptics will probably be used up in spring, and summer will be another windy cool dull fest

feels like this pattern keeps repeating itself every year

based on what exactly??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the law of averages

'the law of averages'...hmm....in that case I think you're leading yourself totally up the garden path, as based on 'the law of averages' we have had pretty much 5 poor summers on the bounce for heat and storms therefore the 'law of averages' would surely dictate that we are due a damned good summer, or is it simply a case of you just having a moan to get it off your chest?? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Anvil missed me to the east around 4pm, wondered what fell out of it, hail, sleet or snow, or pure rain? sort of day when anything could have fallen

Posted

'the law of averages'...hmm....in that case I think you're leading yourself totally up the garden path, as based on 'the law of averages' we have had pretty much 5 poor summers on the bounce for heat and storms therefore the 'law of averages' would surely dictate that we are due a damned good summer, or is it simply a case of you just having a moan to get it off your chest?? :)

how many dry springs have the south and east had in the last 5 years though ? i believe mother nature balances herself out eventually.

its just my opinion some share my opinion and others don't

also it is much harder to get big fat highs over us, than it is normal westerly zonality, so getting these synoptics now is a waste

Edited by Snowy Easterly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Mostly rain..few frogs and toads thrown in. Nothing out of the ordinary for March.

You had some frogs and toads fall out of your showers? I only had guinea-pigs fall out of mine.

( don't worry, I've got nothing against guinea-pigs at all :lol: )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Hey guys. 1qs. R the reagenal threads going to be kept open thru out the year? Or r they gona be closing later on duuring spring, summer and autumn? Thanks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

they stay open, but just last longer....unless we get a really juicy event which brings peeps back running....

Posted

Well even today I thought would be sunny and just turn hazy through the afternoon quickly turned overcast just like in the Summer after a sunny start, the clouds breaking back up again now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

To be fair though, the forecasts did say it would cloud up a bit. Still, its been a mostly sunny and pleasant day! A much better week ahead than last imo.

Posted

Feels as though it has warmed up a bit compared to this morning. Expanse areas of blue sky appearing with smaller clouds around. Looks like it's gonna be 1 - 0 to the blue sky. Sorry clouds, but you're losing. :) ;-)

Posted

Glorious sunny end to the day now, it seems the Telford trend of only allowing sunshine outside of the UV hours in summer has started early this year as the day began clear to but was overcast before 10am.

Anyway fingers crossed this weekend will deliver, if things come off right for once it does look very warm indeed.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

We should get a sunnier week with the flow more off the continent but this early in Spring you never know for sure.

A slight change in the surface flow can make all the difference especially near the coasts.

However for us in the Midlands it does look more likely the increasing strength of the sun should burn off any overnight low cloud or mist that may form.

Looking ahead the next 2 weeks look very dry for the UK with this high pressure modelled to remain on our doorstep so the way things look how long before the hosepipe bans extend to our region.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Glorious sunny end to the day now, it seems the Telford trend of only allowing sunshine outside of the UV hours in summer has started early this year as the day began clear to but was overcast before 10am.

Anyway fingers crossed this weekend will deliver, if things come off right for once it does look very warm indeed.

Wasnt till about 1pm when it was cloudier here but there was always good amounts of blue sky. By 3pm things were clearing up again. :)

Posted

Wasnt till about 1pm when it was cloudier here but there was always good amounts of blue sky. By 3pm things were clearing up again. :)

Trust Shropshire to get the cloud first :lol:

Surprisingly clear though tonight however! was expecting it to turn cloudy and misty as the milder air moved in but not happened.

Posted

A bright start. Good breaks in the cloud and any cloud is very thin. :)

Posted

more cloud around here than this time yesterday, but still pleasant

Posted

Yes a lovely sunny day here and warm in the sun. Occasionally some cloud gets in the way of the sun but its brief. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I'm in Kidderminster at the moment. A lovely afternoon here, and I've been regretting my decision to wear normal mid-March clothes, coat and so on.

The one day this week I have to be outdoors is Friday... which is of course the one and only day there's a fair chance of rain! Grr.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted

Sunny here also with the odd tiny cloud around. Pleased to hear its sunny in Telford. About time that Shropshire cloud gave up. :D

Posted

Good sunny spells continued through the afternoon for once to woop!, the wall of cloud over Wales has only in the past 10 minutes blotted out the sun so at least it waited till the end of the day :D

Looks like being grey and dreary tommorow then potentially a long spell of lovely weather Thursday onwards providing the wind stays south of east enough to keep north sea murk away.

Edited by conor123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

think my sensor needs moving, too much sun radiation, 17.3C max today, should move it to sheltered summer position