Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

It's only half worked because it's also still hanging around here! Think I'm due 10 quid back :diablo:

I actually agree - let's hope the Weather Council pay you back. If it wasn't for the fact it became sunny here this afternoon, then you wouldn't have deserved to have any back at all. :p

Just hope we can get some decent rain this Summer to balance out the dry conditions around parts of the Midlands, while also being a Summer to deliver some good lengthy spells.

Posted

Just as it was clearing up a bit here the cloud decided like yesterday to pile back in from the north west :lol:

Expecting tommorow will be the same as today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

After a clear start to the evening thick fog developed by 2100 and it's currently foggy with a temperature of 5.0c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Heavy fog this morning, just like yesterday. I expect it will linger here all morning before finally lifting to a sunny day. Beautiful sunsets these last 2 nights, but not the great washing and drying outdoors weather I was hoping for!

Posted

Good grief look what we've done :lol: gone and sent Shropshire weather to 99% of the UK mwuhahahah the plan was though that we'd be sunny whilst they suffered the gloom but the gloom is still here :lol:

Cool grey and murky, 8c!!! so much for the 18c being shown for today on Sunday !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Disappointing today. Afraid it seems the Meto got this right when we all disbelieved them. Still, tomorrow is expected to be a little better.

Posted

I should have known. :sorry: I knew I couldn't trust Shropshire. I think the Met Office knew that Shropshire was upto something and that it was going to extend its cloud over to us. Currently have a sea of white horror over my house, although is feeling fairly mild with the temperature at 10.4*C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sun is finally appearing now!

Posted

Looks like the cloud is beginning to weaken here too with a few odd pieces of hazy blue sky appearing. I guess the Shropshire Weather Council has not done a good enough job after all. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All the Interesting stuff

Not a bad day here we have had broken sunshine from about 12 o'clock and now there's not a cloud to be seen. Looking at the satellite imagery there's been a nice little hole in the cloud over brum whilst surrounding areas have been sat under the gloom.

Posted

A pleasant afternoon out there now. :D Most of the Midlands is actually still under cloud.

Posted

If the GFS is right then we may squeeze a couple of mm on Saturday but it looks like rain may pass to our West over Wales and over the SE England. If so, that looks like the last realistic chance of rain in March.

Posted

The cloud is back! :lol:

Posted

Misty dark and overcast yet again today :lol: what a major dissapointment this turned out to be, perfect sypnotics for summer being wasted to early as usual.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Dear Mr High Pressure, You can take your cloud and shove it where the sun doesn't shine.....bugger, you have, you've shoved it over the midlands! :doh:

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Sun beginning to peak through now and blue skies appearing. :)

Misty dark and overcast yet again today :lol: what a major dissapointment this turned out to be, perfect sypnotics for summer being wasted to early as usual.

Yes misty dark here too and feeling cold, temps of only 7C in warwickshire today, still foggy in valley areas too, feels like a cold foggy day in mid November.

Yes such synoptics are wasted this early just like cold ones would be in mid September, March is a better month for cold synoptics than warm, vice versa for September where it can still get very warm.

Edited by Eugene

Posted

Brightened up now but the suns only just coming through still.

Standard Telford weather, brightens up around 3pm in March, 4pm April, 5pm May, then not till the evening in summer 90% of the time :lol:

Edited by conor123

Depends really which model is right, i would say ECM 00Z would deliver a cloudy high again because like this one it has a sw'ly flow initially bringing in alot of cloud, GFS 06Z looks a clearer high to begin with so cold frosty nights but then as we pick up easterlies the risk of cloud comes back again, anyways we would be very unlucky to have the cloud as persistent in midlands areas as this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

lovely and sunny now and quite warm to boot...this is more like it!