Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion - Part 7

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

topped out at 12c today :unknw:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

balmy day today 12.1C max, but hasnt felt that mild, north sea misty low cloud cleared around 1pm

bbc weather is crap! they say every Spring that the misly low cloud only for East coast

Unlucky is all I can say! The sun was out from about 9:30 here. :D

These temperatures do sound too low. Many stations on Wunderground look to be showing above 12c in Stafford even right now.

Anyway, a fantastic day down here anyway- more please. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

topped out at 12c today :unknw:

Really odd if thats true. 15c in Coleshill, and many stations on Wunderground look to have got around 17c here today. As you say your station is very much in the shade right now though so could be some difference.

Certainly felt a lot warmer than 12c, even out of the sun!

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

I wouldn`t take any notice of temps i post......i wait until one of you lads post :D

Posted

I wouldn`t take any notice of temps i post......i wait until one of you lads post :D

:ph34r: :blush:

Lol.

Anyway, I think we are in for a glorious weekend except the usual culprits who may hang onto some extra cloud in the Morning. By that I mean just Telford, Shrewsbury, Wildwood and much of the East Midlands at first. :lol:

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Lol.

Anyway, I think we are in for a glorious weekend except the usual culprits who may hang onto some extra cloud in the Morning. By that I mean just Telford, Shrewsbury, Wildwood and much of the East Midlands at first. :lol:

Poor, poor, Telford. Poor, poor, Shrewbury. And poor, poor, the rest of Shropshire and Staffordshire. That cloud is so evil. I think the Shropshire and Stafford cloud are some of the meanest clouds on the planet. :cray: You know, I think the cloud should leave the North-West of the West Midlands alone, and go haunt the South-East of the West Midlands for a while instead (he he hee....), but so it goes to the South-East of my house. :lol:

Posted

Given that its very unlikely it will rain now for the rest of the month bar perhaps the last day (Low chance for now) then here has only had about 50% of the average rainfall for the first 3 months of the year. On Average there should have been 150mm approx until the end of March. Right now we have just over 75mm for the year thus far.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

No more mist/fog PLEASE, it never lifts till after 12pm here and then turns into a dirty smoggy haze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Lol.

your forecasts accurate! bbc would be saying cloudy along the Sunderland area only,my area again full of misty low cloud from the north sea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Dence fog here in telford i am so glad I'm gonna away for a few days i might be able to see this yellow thing that hangs in the sky with this blue stuff behind it?? Lol!

Posted

Dence fog here in telford i am so glad I'm gonna away for a few days i might be able to see this yellow thing that hangs in the sky with this blue stuff behind it?? Lol!

Howdy! Welcome to Netweather. :)

Also some fog and mist invading here too. Hopefully, it'll lose the battle and give the sun a chance to shine. Should be quite a warm day today. :)

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Thick fog here this morning pretty much like Buxton, which is only a mile or two from here. Yet a few miles up the road the sun is out!

Come on sun!!

Webcamn200.jpg

buxtonview.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Overnight fog being burnt away rapidly, already feeling warm outside....I wonder if somewhere near here might break the magical 70F barrier today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Howdy! Welcome to Netweather. :)

Also some fog and mist invading here too. Hopefully, it'll lose the battle and give the sun a chance to shine. Should be quite a warm day today. :)

Thanks :) i have been on here for a while just browsing but decided to post today lol! It looks like it is slowly lifting since my last post i can now see the bottom of the road.,

Posted

Hurray finally the murk is lifting before Midday, sun is breaking through nicely now.

Posted

Eugene is very quiet this week, he was convinced the fog would be as bad this week as it was last week. It has been far from a repeat performance!

Posted

Eugene is very quiet this week, he was convinced the fog would be as bad this week as it was last week. It has been far from a repeat performance!

Indeed! His posts appear to be hoping nice weather will arrive but secretly im pretty sure Eugene likes it cold, cloudy, damp and stuck indoors weather-boring!

Another stunning day in offer and less haze too. Satellite also looks clearer. With this I think we can expect 17-20c widely today. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Right off to Sainsburys - hoping to come out to glorious sunshine instead of this ruddy low cloud!

Not mad it to 10c here yet so def not getting near to 20c here.

Posted

Well this low cloud doesn't look like shifting anytime soon, so I wouldn't predict 17C-20C 'quite widely' as I am sure many others are currently experiencing this. How frustrating!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Well this low cloud doesn't look like shifting anytime soon, so I wouldn't predict 17C-20C 'quite widely' as I am sure many others are currently experiencing this. How frustrating!!

Yes, it's kind of hard to feel enthusiastic about warm weather elsewhere when it's not so warm here..

Posted

Well burning off all this excess moisture is certainly producing some good thermals looking at the resident family of Buzzards,

They attained there cruising hight with ease this morning

visibility slowly getting better....and a pleasant, shaded 10c

Posted

Its already in my prediction range for many across the South and here. Only the East is missing out really. :p

Posted

Hazy(ish) looking outside now with some clearer conditions. The temperature is around 12*C now according to my phone weather app, though seems a little warmer than that. With 6 hours to 7 hours of daylight left, could still be a chance for places to perhaps reach that 20*C mark, especially for Western areas.

Just thought, the clocks go forward tonight, meaning it probably won't get dark until around 7:30pm/8pm. Yippee. :) Bad news: Get 1 hours less sleep (noooo, lol).

Posted

All local stations on Wunderground are between 16-19c here already. :D

Hazy(ish) looking outside now with some clearer conditions. The temperature is around 12*C now according to my phone weather app, though seems a little warmer than that. With 6 hours to 7 hours of daylight left, could still be a chance for places to perhaps reach that 20*C mark, especially for Western areas.

Just thought, the clocks go forward tonight, meaning it probably won't get dark until around 7:30pm/8pm. Yippee. :) Bad news: Get 1 hours less sleep (noooo, lol).

Yep from tomorrow evening it wont be dark until about the time you say. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

snowy battle, Easter on deepest FI on 06Z, unrealistic of course but I do think Scotland in for snowfests this April