Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - April 2012 Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

SHH..I am allowed to get excited XD

Yes but keep restrained from over excitement as we wouldn't want any injuries or accidents now would we :)

Posted

Already looking much better here for today than yesterday. The sun has broken through and a couple of heavy convective showers have already popped up. Sferics nearby.

Typically I was all geared up yesterday with camera batteries all charged up and ready for a localised chase, today I woke up in agony ( intermittent ongoing health issue ) and am unable to drive sorry.gif

I just knew it....first close rumble of the year here now, probably no more than 4 or 5 miles from me, and Im housebound.

Posted

Right - that that cell is approaching me now - I've been out and had a look - - on radar it's deff heading SEE but the the low level cloud overhead of me now is due NNE - - lot of lowering at the front as well as it approaching - hopefully it's a good sign at a fair old pace.

Scratch that... BOOM --- whoo hoo :)

Edited by YokTok

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms & all extreme weather

Thunder and very heavy rain nw London. First rumble of the year woop

Posted

One flash of lightning to my north and a big old rumble followed by around 5 mins of heavy hail and now heavy rain - - it might build some more so peeps to the south east of my like Tunbridge Wells and East Grinstead might get a bit more from it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Thunder and very heavy rain nw London. First rumble of the year woop

If that's heading my direction, that's taking the p*** because that means I've had 8 Thunderstorms this year. LOL!

Posted

Lovely line of cells from the Bristol Channel and along the M4 towards Swindon way, 4 distinct cells on the radar.

Just wondering if they'll hold together as they begin to move SSE, although not fully expecting them to because an earlier line

which started moderately there decayed to a few sharp showers as they got about 25 miles inland.

Currently a 200mm+ rate on a cell just NE of Bristol!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Lovely line of cells from the Bristol Channel and along the M4 towards Swindon way, 4 distinct cells on the radar.

Just wondering if they'll hold together as they begin to move SSE, although not fully expecting them to because an earlier line

which started moderately there decayed to a few sharp showers as they got about 25 miles inland.

Currently a 200mm+ rate on a cell just NE of Bristol!!!

just looking to my N/E towards brizzle and its pitch black,

heres hoping

fromey

Posted

Keep thinking I've had the best of it and it drops another - - - no distance from me at all maybe - poss 1/2 mile. Tree in my garden is currently getting stripped of leaves smile.png

Edited by YokTok

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

On my way down to Cheshunt (North London) seems to be where the showers are intense.

Posted

Nice little storm here at the moment, maybe about 10 flashes of lightning, including several CG strikes, and some of the heaviest hail I've seen here for a while! It certainly hurt being outside in it.

Posted

Missing out again with no rain here during the day and everything on the radar to the North of my location. Was really hoping the southern side would get the action today - oh well, still a busy week coming up!

Posted

I've had a further 4 rumbles - really strange as the front of the storm is dead but it's perked up on its southern flank

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Funnel cloud today just on the coast of herne bay, dad also mentioned it when he turned up to drop something off... Was about 2-3pm

Posted

looks like a squall line developing on rain today radar.. from colchester through north london then right over to western super mare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

The cell that just went over me gave heavy rain and thats it, it goes out over the Bristol channel and turns into a thunderstorm! typical! wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Nothing here but heavy squally showers so far! Thought I might have been in luck earlier when the skies went very black towards my NE, but alas it wasn't to be! Gone cool and cloudy now, not expecting anything now today!

Looks like something developing down towards Frome, Yeovil, Glastonbury area on the radar though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

This shower is looking interesting for Cardiff, moving in from the North. My ears are wide open....

post-15401-0-88875300-1334849799_thumb.j

Edited by Liam Ellis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I wonder if N England will get a look in tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

If that's heading my direction, that's taking the p*** because that means I've had 8 Thunderstorms this year. LOL!

Today, at 12 15 aprox i had a heavy cell with a few bangs in it and i confirm there was a strike about 700m away from me :)

Posted

Having some showers blowing from east to west here. Nothing major though. Tomorrow may well be another matter (even if I may miss out on a few of them as I going to be stuck in glasgow airport waiting on a flight) blum.gif