Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spell Discussion 22nd May Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

It's just lovely out tonight it really is.

The swifts are finally souring around although there isn't many of them. Usually we've had loads of them for at least two weeks now.

Feels lovely it does despite the temp only reaching 17c. Tomorrow will get those temps back onto the right side of 20c and finally I might be able to turn my heating off!

Posted

Temperature hit a high of 17.0oC today at 5:20pm, could be almost 26oC here tomorrow so that will be a huge rise! It always seems to be warm and sunny on my birthday, don't remember a 22nd may go past which hasn't been sunny and warm! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Ah at last - a proper gorgeous spring or even summer morning!

Clear blue skies and already feeling warm at 16.2c. Overnight min was 10.5c.

First morning with the heating off too although my house is still quite cool so felt warmer when I went outside! Hopefully today will rid the place of that infernal coolness it's had since last year usually only combated by burning tons of natural gas.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Sun's emerging here too, Already 13C, so could be 22 or so, later on...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Cloudy again here in London.

It is looking the same as yesterday.............just hoping that it burns off earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Hi I'm new here smile.png I live in Hertfordshire and it's 14.5oC at the minute, and been cloudy all day, It's my birthday tomorrow and I've been saying for weeks that I think the weather will change on my birthday and it REALLY has... I'm amazed and excited biggrin.png

Welcome to the forum ARW and happy birthday for today - hope your enjoying the lovely sunshine angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

It always looked a bit dodgy for Tyneside but I'm pleased to report that the warm sunshine has finally arrived here after a run of dull dry days- the low cloud during yesterday gave way to "haar" overnight, which in turn quickly burnt off at 8am.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Could be a real hot one today.

It's just gone past the 18C mark, at 18.1C, and the sun is feeling very hot.

My weather station informs me that it was 43.4C in the window in direct sunlight :rofl:

Posted

Interestingly it was completely clear here the entire night, with no sign of cloud or fog. As a result the min actually dropped to a rather average 7.6C, but the temperature has rocketed up to 18.0C already.

The wind is currently northerly, so no cooling effects from the North Sea at present. Could be a warm one.

Posted

Warmest day of the year so far finally beating March!

20.5c so far and rising nicely. Perfect!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Frost first thing min 1.0c.

Now a very warm 18c! Quite a rise in 5 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

A very enjoyable 17.9C and climbing, might just finally get the vegy plot going finally!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

21.1C already, highest of the year so far and it's 11am, no arguing with this nice weather.

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted

Looks like its our coast, not the East coast that will suffer from sea breezes today. It's not until Thursday that we're projected 20C+ now :(

I need a wind direction change... Doesn't look possible though :(

Posted

Looks like its our coast, not the East coast that will suffer from sea breezes today. It's not until Thursday that we're projected 20C+ now sad.png

The GFS loves to under-do temperatures.

The sea breeze from the West won't peg back the temperatures too much unless you live on the immediate coastline. Besides, with this sun, it feels well over 20C even when it's 15C.

The UV index is around 5 too, so you'll still tan/burn :p

Posted

I'm from Blackpool :( We're stuck at around 15C. We were originally forecast 21-23C here today. It feels like 20C though...

Posted

I'm from Blackpool sad.png We're stuck at around 15C. We were originally forecast 21-23C here today. It feels like 20C though...

Wind is very light though mate, it won't peg it back too much, the Irish Sea isn't particularly cold at the minute anyway. I will be surprised if you don't see 18/19C today, probably a little higher for me as the wind is NW, meaning it's got some way to travel before it reaches me.

Posted

I'm being pessimistic! Yeah, it only got up to 15C yesterday so 18/19C will feel nice! You should good in the south-east of the region! Tomorrow looks the worst of the lot for me tomorrow which is odd as it was initially forecast to be the best! Thursday-Saturday looks best for us in the NW with a warm Easterly wind.

Posted

I'm being pessimistic! Yeah, it only got up to 15C yesterday so 18/19C will feel nice! You should good in the south-east of the region! Tomorrow looks the worst of the lot for me tomorrow which is odd as it was initially forecast to be the best! Thursday-Saturday looks best for us in the NW with a warm Easterly wind.

Temperature usually peaks at around 4pm remember, so another 6 hours of warming yet.

Tomorrow will still be hot I think, 22/23C for the NW, but Thursday to around Tuesday looking fantastic for us I'd say. Easterly winds with any cloud been eaten by the Pennines, and burned off by the strong sun. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

The forecast for here shows a lot of cloud for Thursday yet shows temperatures up to 23C.. Friday and Saturday look sunny and warm and tomorrow is looking warm with variable cloud.. so all in all a good week if you enjoy sunny, warm weather..

Posted

Temperature usually peaks at around 4pm remember, so another 6 hours of warming yet.

Tomorrow will still be hot I think, 22/23C for the NW, but Thursday to around Tuesday looking fantastic for us I'd say. Easterly winds with any cloud been eaten by the Pennines, and burned off by the strong sun. biggrin.png

True, but the temperature reached 15C yesterday at around 12pm but never really got any higher, despite the light NW winds and unbroken sunshine! Thursday onwards, with the Easterly winds, should be fantastic. Though tomorrow will still be pretty awesome!

In the Winter, we curse the pennines during Easterlies. During the Summer, we love the pennines during Easterlies. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

22.8C now, going to be really nice going to college in a t-shirt.smile.png and Shoreham is the warmest official station in the country atm.wub.png

Posted

We always do well on the south coast in these set ups. Temperature is currently bang on 24C here with Lee-On-Solent reporting 22C at 12 noon.