Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spell Discussion 22nd May Onwards

Posted

The only time I've ever been stung by a wasp was last year when deciding to slap on some cologne, 27 years not a hornet, bee, wasp, or anything else other than the mossies had bit me until then. Plain old soap and water from now on again lol.

Currently just over 12'c at midnight here north of Buxton, looking forward to what tomorrow's CAPE and convergence brings.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Unbelievable. Potentially the best five days of the summer for the north-west?

Potentially mate, but we'll have to see how this summer pans out, could be a scorcher!

The sun will last longer than 5 days here, potentially the best 7-10 days of summer for the NW!

Posted

The only time I've ever been stung by a wasp was last year when deciding to slap on some cologne, 27 years not a hornet, bee, wasp, or anything else other than the mossies had bit me until then. Plain old soap and water from now on again lol.

Currently just over 12'c at midnight here north of Buxton, looking forward to what tomorrow's CAPE and convergence brings.

Matt Hugo: 'Anyone looking at the GFS CAPE forecasts for tomorrow, ignore, they are OTT given the GFS is over cooking surface dew points..'

Posted

Ohhhhh yesssss.

And that is from the GFS wich often under-does temps by 2-3C, as well a a slight 'blurring' of the cooling effect of the sea there probably. When the wind's offshore I wouldn't be surprised to see a 25C at Liverpool like many western locations on Friday, and of course more inland central/southern locations tomorrow. I reckon some sheltered spots/valleys around the Scottish Highlands might break 25C in the next few days too.

Reached 21.6C here today with unbroken sunshine. Very nice and tomorrow looks warmer then Thursday/Friday warmer again here.

Looks to be some quite high mins for May forecast in parts of the south Thursday night in particular, 16 or 17C in places.

Posted

And that is from the GFS wich often under-does temps by 2-3C, as well a a slight 'blurring' of the cooling effect of the sea there probably. When the wind's offshore I wouldn't be surprised to see a 25C at Liverpool like many western locations on Friday, and of course more inland central/southern locations tomorrow. I reckon some sheltered spots/valleys around the Scottish Highlands might break 25C in the next few days too.

Reached 21.6C here today with unbroken sunshine. Very nice and tomorrow looks warmer then Thursday/Friday warmer again here.

Looks to be some quite high mins for May forecast in parts of the south Thursday night in particular, 16 or 17C in places.

Exactly, so if this goes according to plan, this could turn into an exceptional spell indeed for the West. The highlands generate their own heat effect, and can get very warm indeed.

Personally, I won't be sunbathing again this week. I am absolutely frazzled from today, I look like a lobster at the minute lol!

After the weekend, it looks like staying sunny, but a tad cooler. drinks.gif

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Met Office temperature range forecast for London has 30c as a possibility on Thursday. Ive noticed each as each day is passing the temperatures are getting upgraded slightly. Saturday for example was originally predicted about 20c but is already at 22/23c.

I know the wind will strengthen a little on Friday and the Weekend but I dont think it will take the edge of the temperatures too much, especially here towards the West. On the whole there will be little difference. Much to be happy with right now! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if we hit 30 on Thursday in London, but we may come just short.

This spell shows that you don't need amazing conditions for hot weather, just high pressure and clear skies and you get temperatures approaching 30 by day and staying in the high teens at night. We haven't even got particularly warm uppers. If we had a southerly airflow we could expect +5C to these temperatures.

Posted

Nice but your birthday has certainly come close to some very ugly weather which had ended just in time. However you've had it very nice. My birthday in June is almost always nice to. Only 2007 was it wet. The rest I can recall we're mostly dry and warm or even hot. smile.png

It has happened before where we have had not so nice weather and then it all change a few days before but never has it been such a change from the 20th, here on the 20th we only reached 11.8oC whereas today we could top 26oC possibly just under 27oC! AMAZING difference!

Posted

Met Office temperature range forecast for London has 30c as a possibility on Thursday. Ive noticed each as each day is passing the temperatures are getting upgraded slightly. Saturday for example was originally predicted about 20c but is already at 22/23c.

I know the wind will strengthen a little on Friday and the Weekend but I dont think it will take the edge of the temperatures too much, especially here towards the West. On the whole there will be little difference. Much to be happy with right now! biggrin.png

I think the highest out of this heatwave will top at around 29oC, sunshine permitting! and I noticed that too! just 2 days ago they were forecasting a high of only 24oC this whole week in london and then as the day progressed it slowly went up until now, as you said, it is forecasting a possible 30oC!

Posted

17.2°C already on the coast in Eastbourne and another hot, if not hotter day in prospect!

Reurmett.gif

Dew points also up today:

Rdtlmetd.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

19.2c here and only 0845! Clear blue skies and another wonderful day ahead. Can't wait for 5pm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Its 16.3C here so I think 22-24C is possible here today, love this weather! Just need some afternoon thunderstorms now to make it even better!

Posted

What a great way to start the day!

post-6667-0-04921000-1337759458_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-56067600-1337759466_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I always think 2nd half of May is summer, where as 2nd half of August Autumn, summer from 15th May to 15th Aug

Posted

We had some early hazy sun at sunrise then that filled back in, it then got much righter again around an hour ago but the cloud has got thicker again! Very annoying, however, on the bright side, (if you'll pardon the pun) It's just hit 17.0oC already! I think I could have a 27oC today if the sun comes out within the next half an hour! :D

I always think 2nd half of May is summer, where as 2nd half of August Autumn, summer from 15th May to 15th Aug

I completely agree! although we can have nice weather still then and even in march and september we can but usually on an average summer I find the end of august starts getting colder and stormier and early may can and usually is cool :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

September is usually as warm as June.. and much warmer than May.. so I consider September to be more like summer.. the only difference being the daylight hours.

Posted

September is usually as warm as June.. and much warmer than May.. so I consider September to be more like summer.. the only difference being the daylight hours.

Daylight has a huge part in it!!!!!!! Towards the end of september it goes dark at 7pm

MIST AND LOW CLOUD HERE ITS CRAP

Posted

Eskdalemuir (242 m) 21.5 °C

:o!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

17.1C here atm, clear blue skies with the odd contrail from passing jets. Absolutely lovely :D

Posted

17.2C, 40% high cloud burning off rapidly. Breezy though.

Posted

Clear crystal skies and 20.6C

Posted

Lee-On-Solent has a westerly wind straight off the Solent at the moment, so isn't the warmest Met office station currently, but Thorney Island (just to the east of Portsmouth) like here has a NW flow, so there it is the warmest station, with 23.2C being reported at 11am.

Here in Southsea it is 24.3C right now good.gif

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Brisk Northeasterly wind scuppering temperatures here on the NE coast only 14.7°C. At least we have wall to wall sunshine and no low cloud or haar to contend with, but looking on the visible satellite there's some beginning to form out in the North Sea heading in a North Westerly direction towards North Northumberland.