Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spell Discussion 22nd May Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

the last bit, you certainly were not saying that on 5th Jan 2010, but I generally dont like it as it brings constant showers off a NW wind from Nov-Mar

It's rare we get an event like that though.

It's a nasty sea anyway, dirty and horrible. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Sunny and calm here at 19.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

19.1C here but it is currently cloudy preventing the temps rising much more. Need this cloud to go!! Its also feeling quite humid out!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Notice a lot of cloud on sat pics which has gladly kept away from here.

Currently 22.5c so a hot one today I'm sure.

Almost the weekend now - will the clear sunny skies continue or will the increasing Ely wind ruin the first chance to get some sun during the daytime?

Posted

The temperature is really rocketing here since there's virtually no wind at all, now 21.3c

Certainly a good time to finish the garden off.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Now the cloud is breaking up and the sun is starting to shine the temp has jumped up to 23.2C :)

Posted

24.2C, feels scorching out there now!

Posted

26.5c here, a muggy feel to things..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

25.8c and hottest day of the year.

Lovely stuff to be stuck on the phone in the ruddy office speaking to Americans.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

17.4C in Cleadon following an earlier high of 19.0C. It's sunny and clear, but as often happens here a chilly breeze off the North Sea is preventing similar temperatures to most other regions. Sea fog has been lapping onto the sea front at times- there were thick fog patches along the Marsden coast this morning.

Off to Norwich this weekend though so should see higher temperatures away from that pesky North Sea.

Posted

27.2C here.. if only Leeds Weather Centre was still in operation, it'd probably be the warmest place in the country (nearby stations are reporting similar values)

Edited by Aaron

Posted

I think tomorrow will be even better here as today we have reached 25.2C but tomorrow is suppose to be even hotter at 26-27C here. If only a few thunderstorms could end the evening and clear the air then it would be perfect!

Posted

I think tomorrow will be even better here as today we have reached 25.2C but tomorrow is suppose to be even hotter at 26-27C here. If only a few thunderstorms could end the evening and clear the air then it would be perfect!

Yes - but AFTER the weekend!

Posted

We're currently sat on 24.3C after a high of 24.4C, but the temperature is rising again.

Tomorrow we have an Easterly wind, meaning no cloud in the morning, meaning a scorcher tomorrow.

27-29C likely in parts of the West tomorrow, I feel Leeds may be a touch cooler than today due to that breeze, but it's a built up area so we shall see.

Posted

What has surprised me with this spell is the high dew points, My Davis VP2 (with FARS) has been showing around 19C dew points much of the day with a peak of 20C! this is backed up by local stations showing similar values. I thought this was pretty high for this country in summer, when the sea surface temps were warmer but I didn't expect them to be this high in May with sea temps quite cool/cold still. The only other occasion I can remember was the end of last June with a dew point of about 20C here briefly, which I thought was impressive.

A slight sea breeze here but not really having much effect

Currently: quite hazy air and warm/humid. 24.3C, dew point fluctuating between 19.5-20C

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Must be slowly getting used to it. Hotter today but doesn't feel as hot as Tuesday. 26.8c today compaired to 25.3c Tuesday. Dewpoint 17.4c

Posted

High of 25C here today with a nice sea breeze this afternoon drinks.gif

Posted

We're currently sat on 24.3C after a high of 24.4C, but the temperature is rising again.

Tomorrow we have an Easterly wind, meaning no cloud in the morning, meaning a scorcher tomorrow.

27-29C likely in parts of the West tomorrow, I feel Leeds may be a touch cooler than today due to that breeze, but it's a built up area so we shall see.

We've had an easterly wind here all week. All the forecast low cloud and mist never materialised.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

Cooler here than inland again today. Interestingly as the cloud burned away this morning the temperature actually dropped. Just before 11am we had a max of 19.2C but after the sunshine arrived its been around 17-18C for most of the day.

Currently 17.0C but very little breeze so it feels pretty nice.

Posted

MUCH better today. Hardly any breeze here, so it genuinely felt warm today and still does this evening.

It appears there was a standard sea breeze around the coast this time round instead of that nagging northwesterly, and I was far enough inland to escape it. Hopefully that's the end of that sorry episode. good.gif

Posted

Temperature in Glasgow reached 27.1C and a May temperature in the city has never been higher since I've been here. I think 28C in 2006 is the record warmest temperature that I've experienced. It's quite funny though that in the house (and outside to an extent) it doesn't feel as warm as warm days that I've experienced, even 19C can feel warmer that what today felt at times. I played tennis earlier at around 11am when the temperature was at 22C. Initially quite difficult but I got used to it. Walking about is very pleasnt and sitting outside too is great with an nice, warm breeze. So if 27C feels so comfortable then surely a 3C increase of 30C wouldn't feel too bad, as long as it isn't too humid and doesn't last for more than 1 hr. More blue skies today than yesterday and shorter period of cloud activity too. I hope to make the most of this lovely weather in the coming days. Sunshine and temperatures between 18C and 30C in the summer time is great at this time of year, no matter whether you get calm, warm evenings or cool morings, or what type of cloud cover. I hope that we get a good deal more summer weather in the coming months with pleasant weather in many shapes or forms but of course having cooler and wetter periods to break up periods would be nice to refresh the evnironment and bring a bit of variety.

So, the warmest May temperature I've experienced and one of the warmest temperatures I've experienced in the same month with the coldest May temperature I've experienced! The weather is nuts at times, but as long as there is sunshine, summer and a bit of variety, weather at this time of year is bliss.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Warmest May temperature I've experienced was a few years ago in London when it was 32C or something, I remember it feeling very hot and sticky..

2006 was magical, I remember just constant sun, it was like we had shifted 10 degrees south in latitude. Temperatures were constantly in the mid 30s and nights were 20C.. the average maximum temperature for July came in at about 29C.. it would have been a hot month even by Mediterranean standards.

I have a feeling that this summer is going to be good... high pressure looks like it doesn't want to go away, we have had a poor last 2 months in terms of warm and sunny weather, and the recent poor-average summers suggest that we will buck that trend soon.