Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spell Discussion 22nd May Onwards

Posted

Just had a couple of people in here saying the external temp gauges in their cars are showing 27°C at various points along the A23 between Brighton and Crawley!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

23.4c our maximum. Perfectly warm but never too hot - and that's after sitting in direct sunlight in my office half the afternoon.

Looking forward to a few sunny pints tonight!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A very warm/hot in the sun 25c here. Cloudless all day with the rest of the week looking very sunny and warm. Perfect. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

23.9C the high reached so far in Longlevens, some of these other readings on here seem a bit on the high side to me though??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Had a drive to Lincoln today and the top temp my car was showing was 26c just south of Sprunehope. Me thinks that was a bit high but it was still pleasantly warm for a wander around Lincoln. The 9 miles from Hull to my house saw the temperature fall by 5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

We reached 22.4C here in the sun, and I am burnt to a crisp. Very strong sunlight today, stronger than expected!

That 22.4C was with a sea breeze too, probably reach 24-26C when winds swing around to the East tomorrow. biggrin.pngwink.png

20.7C atm, feeling very nice!

Edited by Backtrack

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Fantastic weather if you are not stuck in the office all week.....hopefully the weekend will hold on to some decent warm sunshine so I can enjoy it.

Max temp today of 22.9 celsius. Feeling comfortably warm outside without it being humid. cool.png

Posted

23.9C the high reached so far in Longlevens, some of these other readings on here seem a bit on the high side to me though??

Well 27C reported from Lee-On-Solent & that's a Met office station & here in Pompey (just a few miles east) it maxed out at 27.8C, so sounds pretty accurate to me considering how built up Portsmouth is good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Warm summers Cold Frosty winters

Max here today due to cool northerly 15.7c but clear all day, looking forward to a change in wind direction as here it makes a big difference as Im 12 miles from the North Norfolk coast but 30 odd miles from the East and so temps should improve.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Sooo lovely to be home in this weather! Indoors (well downstairs) is cooler then outside (23c out 20.8c in) and the damn key for the window has gone missing in the long long long looongggg time it's been since the window was opened. Most annoying as want to get some warm air in!

Just got stung by a bee whilst watering the garden. Always thought it'd be worse than that...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

20c. Beautiful. Perfect. Ahhhh... 100 days of this and then a nice deep winter please? Perhaps not then, but what a fine day it was today, if Summer can be littered finely with days like this, I'm perfectly content.

Posted

Highest of the year here and the highest since 3 October last year-as others have commented a lovely day, clear blue skies and a decent dewpoint making it pleasant outside even now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Sooo lovely to be home in this weather! Indoors (well downstairs) is cooler then outside (23c out 20.8c in) and the damn key for the window has gone missing in the long long long looongggg time it's been since the window was opened. Most annoying as want to get some warm air in!

Just got stung by a bee whilst watering the garden. Always thought it'd be worse than that...

Ouch.. my mother got stung by a bee once and ended up going to hospital!

20c here but 15c a few miles away on the coast, sun all the way though. Tomorrow looks like there will be similar temps differential perhaps moreso as there may be low cloud on the direct coast, it "should" brighten here here quite quickly. Thursday and Friday look a lot warmer, with mid 20s forecasted, and winds from the east, so offshore.

Posted

Ouch.. my mother got stung by a bee once and ended up going to hospital!

Only ever got stung once before as a kid and don't remember it much. I just stepped on one so it stung my big toe. Feel mildly shocked but pain went quickly so no big deal... Few beers should cure it!

Posted

Max of 24 today. Perfect weather. Tomorrow likely to be touch warmer.

Currently 21.6c

Posted

Welcome to the forum ARW and happy birthday for today - hope your enjoying the lovely sunshine angel.gif

Thankyou! I had a great day, went to Mc Donalds around 10am after an exam in the morning and then went down to the local park and just layed in the gorgeous wall to wall sunshine we had! 24.7oC was the high in my garden :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Only ever got stung once before as a kid and don't remember it much. I just stepped on one so it stung my big toe. Feel mildly shocked but pain went quickly so no big deal... Few beers should cure it!

One stung me when I was trying to rescue it, once. What an ungrateful little b*stard! I mashed it all to bits...

Posted

I got stung by a wasp when i was just 6,it was like the end of the world!

A real belter of a day here today with temps peaking around the 21/22c mark,and certainly

much appreciated after what seems like weeks of single figure maximums.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Pleasant morning and pleasant early afternoon. However horrible walk home with little or no breeze and temps at 25.3C. Far too hot without any time to climatise to it. Warmest day since March 28th when 21.3C was reached.

Now nice and pleasant again temp at 21.3c and nice breeze.

Posted

I had a low here last night of 10.6oC at 06:51am and then it was cloudy morning but by 10pm the sun was shining and I haven't seen a cloud since! The temp hit a high of 24.7oC and is, at the minute, at 19.4oC I also have a sensor which is in the sun with a sun shield and that hit 30.5oC so thats what the feel like temperature was in the sun! My birthday is always this nice :D Love being born in May :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I had a low here last night of 10.6oC at 06:51am and then it was cloudy morning but by 10pm the sun was shining and I haven't seen a cloud since! The temp hit a high of 24.7oC and is, at the minute, at 19.4oC I also have a sensor which is in the sun with a sun shield and that hit 30.5oC so thats what the feel like temperature was in the sun! My birthday is always this nice :D Love being born in May :)

Nice but your birthday has certainly come close to some very ugly weather which had ended just in time. However you've had it very nice. My birthday in June is almost always nice to. Only 2007 was it wet. The rest I can recall we're mostly dry and warm or even hot. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Another lovely blue sky warm day - I love May when it is like this. A few days ago, it was looking like a very dissapointing May on the temperature front, but what a switch in conditions.. the best spells always come out of the blue when least expected, and it has been pleasing to see little hype or build up to the current spell, I think many would say it has come a major surprise, very much like the exceptional late March spell.

The last five Mays have all managed to produce at least a handful of warm sunny days here with temps at least in the low 20's. Last May we saw such conditions in the first week, 2010 we had a shortlived very warm spell around about this date with temps into the high 20's, in 2009 we saw a decent spell around mid month, in 2008 we saw a cracking first fortnight. It is rare for a May to go by without at least a few such days.. here in the NW we are more likely to see warm synoptics with heights to the north/northeast than at any other time of year..

I think the heat will peak on Thursday and Friday when we see the easterly kick in, maxes by friday will be highest in the NW, I think somewhere will see 28 degrees on both Thursday and Friday, most will get up to 24/25/26 degrees - this is about as good as it gets in an average summer it has to be said.. and has got in the last 5 summers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Ohhhhh yesssss.

post-8895-0-44046100-1337725726_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand
  • Location: Otford/Sevenoaks, NW Kent (Approx. 100m asl); Hometown - Auckland, New Zealand

Ohhhhh yesssss.

Unbelievable. Potentially the best five days of the summer for the north-west?