Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spell Discussion 22nd May Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Cuckoo-crazy temperatures in the NWern half of the country today.. places like Kinlochewe would struggle to reach 26C in summer let alone 27C in May.. and 28C on the Cumbrian coast is bloody insane.. I guess the lower humidity is really helping today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

24.5c the max today (so far) and lovely sunny skies although quite a wind on at times. Office is boiling and I feel like a caged rat desperate to go out and play! Home (beer) time cannot come soon enough!

Posted

places like Kinlochewe would struggle to reach 26C in summer let alone 27C in May

I've been going to the NW highlands every summer since 2003 and you are guaranteed at least one warm, sunny day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

The Cumbrian coast is warmer than Fuerteventura, now that doesn't happen very often (if at all) lol approaching 28c now.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

24.5c the max today (so far) and lovely sunny skies although quite a wind on at times. Office is boiling and I feel like a caged rat desperate to go out and play! Home (beer) time cannot come soon enough!

Know how you feel, my office overlooks a park, people sipping from cans and savouring the sunshine, so not fair 😠

Posted

St Bees has reached 28c.... Can it go any higher?! This is insane crazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

No, St.Bee's head is only 27.5C on the 14.00 obs.

Posted

St Bees has reached 28c.... Can it go any higher?! This is insane crazy.gif

Quite possibly. The stronger sun and longer daylight hours at this time of year mean that temperatures often peak relatively late in the day.

Posted

No, St.Bee's head is only 27.5C on the 14.00 obs.

LOL only 27.5c not a million miles away.....I was just checking on XC Weather which has 28c @ St Bees.

Quite possibly. The stronger sun and longer daylight hours at this time of year mean that temperatures often peak relatively late in the day.

Yes I'd expect the temps to peak over the next 2 hours.

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold,snow and frost. Summer hot and thundery

Only 15.7c here on the east coast but any shelter from the wind and it feels alot warmer. 4 amazing days in a row here not a cloud in the sky and the weekend looks just as good.

Posted

Seems to be maxing out at 26.5°C here, still very warm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny

28.5C here in Colwyn Bay, North Wales now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Temps falling off now after max of 24.5c. Tomorrow looks a shade cooler again sadly but still lovely I'm sure. Could have done with the coolest day yesterday really instead it was the hottest!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

18.7C here atm, breeze off the north sea is keeping the temperatures back.

Meanwhile the Scottish record looks like being broken very soon somewhere in the western half of the country. Oban, Prestwick as well as Aviemore up north all in the running atm

Posted
post-6667-0-17953900-1337956621_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Ah, today is great, blue dome skies with low humidity and dew points with no cloud anywhere. I'll take this over the horribly oppressive humidity of the past 2 days.

Posted

I reserve judgement of todays weather to this evening when I finally get to enjoy it. Daytime it's much clearer and less humid then yesterday - but cooler too. But this may create an evening that ends up too cool later on especially with this wind. But then again it might not so we shall see!

Posted

Still on the beach in my lovely home town of Blackpool! I believe we maxed out in between 27-28C, not sure though, enjoying it too much! How is everyone? :D

Bottesford, its different everywhere. For example here in Blackpool we've barely hit 20 until today, though we are at a very HOT 28C today! The wind is a godsend!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Warm summer evenings

Oban's dropped off a degree since the last ob, Prestwick and Aviemore both at 28C

Edited by Calum

Posted

Yeah around here a strong easterly will keep the temps down a bit as the North Sea isn't so far away. Still at least there's no low cloud to ruin the mornings!

Posted

Yeah around here a strong easterly will keep the temps down a bit as the North Sea isn't so far away. Still at least there's no low cloud to ruin the mornings!

With the lower dewpoints unfortunately you'd expect the temperature to drop quickly after sunset this evening. I really appreciate the beautiful blue sky today but humidity is good if you want to be able to sit outside in the evenings!