Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spell Discussion 22nd May Onwards

Posted

Hiked 24 miles along the Gritstone Trail yesterday. The heat was evident in the more urban areas outside of the Cheshire Ridge and I completely used up all 2 liters of water going from Kidsgrove to Macc. No idea of the max temp but in the wind things cooled down quickly enough for brief respites.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

23.0C, sunny, breezy, hot! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Overnight low was 15.3c, currently 23.2c with a lovely breeze. Not quite on a par with yesterday but very nice indeed :)

Posted

Yesterday was the hottest day I've recorded since my station was set up in October 2007, with a max of 27.5C. It was pretty hazy for the first part of the day and very humid - dew point hovering around 20C until about 1:30pm!

Then it became clearer with better visibility (but still very warm/hot) with the dew point dropping which continued to happen in the evening.

This morning is crystal clear with strong sunshine and a nice breeze. Temp not so high today due to a slightly more ESE breeze so the channel has more influence. Currently 22.6C (max so far 23.1C) with a dew point of 10.1C.

Posted

Temperature rising like a bullet. 23.5C in the shade, and we're on for 29C today. Gotta beat yesterday, if we don't, once more chance tomorrow. :D

Posted

St Bees Head already up to 25c @ 11am.

Posted

Somewhere in the West may hit 30C today I would of thought Liam. The breeze is doing nothing to the temperature, as it's from the East.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very warm and sunny here. GFS creates a very cool picture mid next week onwards though if mostly dry. :(

Posted

Very warm and sunny here. GFS creates a very cool picture mid next week onwards though if mostly dry. sad.png

GFS goes against the Met Office's outlook, which although is more favourable of showers, it highlights that temperatures will be average. (17C ish) and thereafter, a warm, sunny weekend.

Posted

Yes BT thats certainly a possibilty. Areas to the west of the region will do very well again as the wind is offshore blowing over a nice warm land, no modification from the Irish Sea. I'm going for 28/29c for some coastal locations here in the NW... Insane!

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

i think st bees will break the 27.7c record it set yesterday if its 25c already.

Posted

24.1C, this is amazing.

Posted

Somewhere in the West may hit 30C today I would of thought Liam. The breeze is doing nothing to the temperature, as it's from the East.

I just don't know if the heat source is there to get 30C, it's possible but unusual to get 30C from a direct easterly I think. Would love to see it happen though!

Posted

Yes BT thats certainly a possibilty. Areas to the west of the region will do very well again as the wind is offshore blowing over a nice warm land, no modification from the Irish Sea. I'm going for 28/29c for some coastal locations here in the NW... Insane!

Going to be warmer than yesterday, that's a certainty now. Fortunately, the East has been hotter than us all last week, so this is creating a near foehn-effect for the NW. Can't see our region being bettered in terms of temperatures today. :)

I just don't know if the heat source is there to get 30C, it's possible but unusual to get 30C from a direct easterly I think. Would love to see it happen though!

Almost 29C yesterday in the NW from a stronger wind, today winds slightly lighter, and already ahead of yesterday's temperature. I would love to see 30C somewhere today, although I think it'll be recorded unofficially, if at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Glorious day and so lovely to be outside enjoying it! Afternoon of sunshine drinking ahead!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Unlike yesterday which was completely cloudless we have some St fractus and Cu humilis development today, enough for a few seconds interruption to the sunshine.

A sign of slightly more moisture in the atmosphere perhaps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

90C in Lerwick according to Metoffice observations!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Unlike yesterday which was completely cloudless we have some St fractus and Cu humilis development today, enough for a few seconds interruption to the sunshine.

A sign of slightly more moisture in the atmosphere perhaps.

yeah few here as well, very small, seem to disappear very quickly, but yeah lerwick is at 90°C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

yeah few here as well, very small, seem to disappear very quickly, but yeah lerwick is at 90°C

Enough to make your blood boil?biggrin.png

Posted

Totally cloudless here still, it's blue as far as you can see! Fantastic visibility as well as being very warm.

Posted

First couple of clouds I've seen in a while appearing here. Only tiny though.

Off to Anglesey now, and we're just short of 26C :)