Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spell Discussion 22nd May Onwards

Posted

Still warm down here on the Costa Del Solent today, it's 26.5C here at the moment with Lee-On-Solent slightly cooler due to a SE breeze there at 24C drinks.gif

Posted

VERY wind although that isn't surpressing temperatures at all!

Edited by Slowpoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

26c right on the Cumbrian coast (St Bees) , 25c a little way inland. The wind seems to have eased slightly and it's feeling HOT smile.png

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Thank god for the wind though, as soon as you go in any shelter from the breeze it feels very intense in the sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

26.1C here but still windy and humidity is just 28%.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Second day in the low 80s and this even on the coast where there are gale force gusts.

Max here 27.2c with unbroken sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

What a beautiful day. Sunbathing with a cold drink and a good book!

I know it's a bit early but do we have any idea what weather we're looking at where I asm for next weekend/Monday as we're planning a family BBQ.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Another lovely day but the coolest of this warm spell at 23.5c.

It's felt the warmest to me as I've been out in it before during the daytime before 5pm at long last!

The wind has got up in last half hour - a pain cause it'll rapidly cool my house below window opening temperature in next hour or two. Still back to my garden, now entirely in shade, to get some jobs done. Next place I move needs to face west!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Another lovely day but the coolest of this warm spell at 23.5c.

It's felt the warmest to me as I've been out in it before during the daytime before 5pm at long last!

The wind has got up in last half hour - a pain cause it'll rapidly cool my house below window opening temperature in next hour or two. Still back to my garden, now entirely in shade, to get some jobs done. Next place I move needs to face west!

face west? bloody hell that will be hot, sun from 12.30pm-sunset, north facing just as bad get sun from 5.30pm to sunset, making evenings too hot

south facing coolest surely as sun is off from around 5pm, cool evening

Edited by Snow? norfolk n chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I see that the beeb is forecasting 22C for London on Thursday...

Second day in the low 80s and this even on the coast where there are gale force gusts.

Max here 27.2c with unbroken sunshine.

Looks like there is some dry adiabatic air mixing to the surface in the strong wind which is countering normal surface cooling by mixing. Charts show strong subsiding air at the 925mb level in the lee of the Cumbrian fells, Pennines, Welsh and Scottish mountains contributing to many of the highest temperatures over the last couple of days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

face west? bloody hell that will be hot, sun from 12.30pm-sunset, north facing just as bad get sun from 5.30pm to sunset, making evenings too hot

south facing coolest surely as sun is off from around 5pm, cool evening

I face E-SE roughly which means lots of morning sunlight but rapidly is goes mid to late afternoon. Last bit of sunlight I got by squeezing myself into the corner of the garden today was 5:30pm. That's just no good as even now only a few weeks from the longest day I'm only seeing sunlight in my house at weekends or as I'm rushing around heading to work. Need to move I think!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

I see that the beeb is forecasting 22C for London on Thursday...

Yes although a cool down is on the way it won't be nothing major

Edited by Gavin D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes although a cool down is on the way it won't be nothing major

Nothing major in the immediate term but if the models continue as they are then very cool by next weekend with perhaps just 9-13c. I hate the way spells like this always seem to come to an almighty crash and go the other end of average. sad.png

Still, this spell which will last a few more days has been stunning. :D

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Nothing major in the immediate term but if the models continue as they are then very cool by next weekend with perhaps just 9-13c. I hate the way spells like this always seem to come to an almighty crash and go the other end of average. sad.png

I can't see it being that cool, would need heavy cloud and rain for temperatures of 9-13C now with the sun as strong as it is.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Hot and sunny here [ in fact cloudless all day], 23c in Mumbles, but away from the direct coast, 27c car thermometer, in and out of sun.

15c last night a bit cooler. Up to 27c here today, very windy but warm even in the shade, yesterday hottest at 28C.

Posted

I face E-SE roughly which means lots of morning sunlight but rapidly is goes mid to late afternoon. Last bit of sunlight I got by squeezing myself into the corner of the garden today was 5:30pm. That's just no good as even now only a few weeks from the longest day I'm only seeing sunlight in my house at weekends or as I'm rushing around heading to work. Need to move I think!

Ok we'll do a swap! If I'd got the curtains open right now,I'd be able to watch the sun carve a path towards the horizon and see it set - and it's been blasting thru' this west-facing window for a coupla hours already - or would have been if not for me curtains!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Very deep blue sky in the Lake District today, 26C on the car thermometer. The first completely cloudless day I've seen in Cumbria since December 2010.

Posted

Ok we'll do a swap! If I'd got the curtains open right now,I'd be able to watch the sun carve a path towards the horizon and see it set - and it's been blasting thru' this west-facing window for a coupla hours already - or would have been if not for me curtains!

Oh I'd love to be watching the sunset right now...

Of course on the other side of the coin is that by 6am our bedroom is drenched in sunlight so not sure you'd really enjoy the swap that much! You might enjoy how quickly the house gets cool though - the living room only made it to 23c because I'd opened the windows to warm it up. If you were so inclined you could keep it closed up (curtains and all) by day and open by night and never reach 20c on any day this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Just sent this tweet to UKMO's twitter account.

Well a Met Office's tweets suggest's a cool down yes but nothing to the extreme your going to

Becomes cloudier midweek and temperatures cool down a bit, but looks dry and still quite pleasant

https://twitter.com/#!/metoffice

Edited by Gavin D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just sent this tweet to UKMO's twitter account.

Lol, 9-13C as a max in May?

You'd have to have continuous heavy rain, or a foggy day to achieve that. I'm sure you love squeezing the worst out of every model output mate.

Also, the Met Office's Twitter account is ran by people who do not look at models, they're just ordinary people which only have information of the Met Office's website, I.E the 5 day computer generated forecasts.

Thirdly, a look at the UKMO medium term outlook will suggest a warm & sunny jubilee weekend.

25.8C max here, so a little cooler than yesterday.

Felt much hotter in Anglesey, felt well over 30C at times, car thermo read 27.5C at times, 29C on the beach.

Edited by Backtrack