Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UK Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - May Into June 2012

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Gone very dark here and heavy rain falling. First rain for 10 days here if I'm right?

Not sure if sferics are within this but certainly hammering down..

Gone very dark here and heavy rain falling. First rain for 10 days here if I'm right?

Not sure if sferics are within this but certainly hammering down..

Hi russ

it has not reached me yet but it does look on the heavy side,if no thunder,so be it,rain very welcome

EDIT:died of death in this neck of the woods

Edited by allseasons-si

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, Heavy snow

Wow, had an incredible rain storm today, with a few flashes of lightning too. The rain was the heaviest and most intense I have ever seen in the UK, it was so heavy it ripped a hole through the roof at Tesco and for about 15 minutes there was just a waterfall of water! The car park was also under a few inches of water for a time, it was like a river!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Something appears to be heading this way, slowly but surely. I don't really expect anything but I just wonder. The precip over Lincs has exploded in the last hour although the sferics have sadly disappeared.

Temp here 12.5°C flat calm with 86% humidity......hmmm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I think a trip to france/Belgium is a good idea. Me and my brother are considering it this year but not sure of the best time and best place to go

If it is for the purpose of storms then what I will be doing is waiting for things to look good and then go. France/Belgium are a bit like the UK and unpredictable, so booking in advance you could end up being there when there was nothing. The last few years have given awesome storms across France and the Low Countries :)

Getting a group together would be good for bringing the costs down and sharing the enjoyment of France's all night MCS storms (or the hurt of a bust lol)

Posted

If it is for the purpose of storms then what I will be doing is waiting for things to look good and then go. France/Belgium are a bit like the UK and unpredictable, so booking in advance you could end up being there when there was nothing. The last few years have given awesome storms across France and the Low Countries smile.png

Getting a group together would be good for bringing the costs down and sharing the enjoyment of France's all night MCS storms (or the hurt of a bust lol)

Sounds like an idea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

Something appears to be heading this way, slowly but surely. I don't really expect anything but I just wonder. The precip over Lincs has exploded in the last hour although the sferics have sadly disappeared.

Temp here 12.5°C flat calm with 86% humidity......hmmm.

Yes i wonder will it make it to us on the south side of the humber temp still 15c and now a very light breeze..

Posted

Has anyone got any footage of the storms today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Heres the first of my time lapse movies from this afternoons Birmingham cell

some interesting up drafts toward the end of the movie

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

MY VIDEO OF TODAYS STORM :D :D

Posted

Heres the first of my time lapse movies from this afternoons Birmingham cell

some interesting up drafts toward the end of the movie

Wow ,thanks for that arnie,the last part was good.gif

Posted

For those of you around my neck of the wood there's a large shower pushing towards us now, it's lost a fair bit of it's intensity over the past 20-30 mins or so, although it will still pack a downpour that I bet if it continues.

Only doubt in my mind is the track of it, it's got an ever so slightly NE element to it's path, so the south bank of the Humber may only get clipped, heaviest of it could even just miss me to the North.

Those in Beverley will get it full on.

Interesting there's a little cell/hook shape that's formed underneath the main part of the precipitation, keeping an eye on it, this little cell if it maintains it's intensity is more likely to affect Sprunehorpe running NE through to Barton and then across the River too East Hull.

zC_0Q_.png

Lewis

Edit * Will be interesting to see what it does when it hit's the Humber, remember the little convo we had storm chasing dell when I said I was going to do some research about the Humber and the impact it has on precipitation.

Edited by Storm Force Lewis

Posted

I'm under it now, plenty of heavy rain coming down good.gif although nothing of note in the electrical catergory nea.gif

Posted

Posted

So after a wrong dry sunny start, you ended up getting the best of the storms today?

I think i'll be real negative from now on and hopefully i'll see something, every time i'm upbeat i get nada. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

@Arnie Pie. Brilliant video. Cheers. Now I know what *updrafts* look like. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

@Victor Meldrew. Thanks for sharing that video. Love to see storms out at sea. Wonderful. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Look like that rain has slightly intesified as it approaches. Although it might just scrape passed here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

The whining and moaning this morning paid off! Thats where were all going wrong it seems!

Edited by Kain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Precipitation is intensifying, white echoes now! Should be arriving here within minutes......

Posted

The whining and moaning this morning paid off! Thats where were all going wrong it seems!

Learn from the master if you get excited and think it's going to happen it usually wont!, be downbeat negative and the goods follow lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

image_b_eu.png?t=1338429457&n=1338429458392

lazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.giflazy.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

For those of you around my neck of the wood there's a large shower pushing towards us now, it's lost a fair bit of it's intensity over the past 20-30 mins or so, although it will still pack a downpour that I bet if it continues.

Only doubt in my mind is the track of it, it's got an ever so slightly NE element to it's path, so the south bank of the Humber may only get clipped, heaviest of it could even just miss me to the North.

Those in Beverley will get it full on.

Interesting there's a little cell/hook shape that's formed underneath the main part of the precipitation, keeping an eye on it, this little cell if it maintains it's intensity is more likely to affect Sprunehorpe running NE through to Barton and then across the River too East Hull.

zC_0Q_.png

Lewis

Edit * Will be interesting to see what it does when it hit's the Humber, remember the little convo we had storm chasing dell when I said I was going to do some research about the Humber and the impact it has on precipitation.

Interesting once it hit the humber, the bulk went n/e and the hook went s/e over scunny.....

Posted

Interesting once it hit the humber, the bulk went n/e and the hook went s/e over scunny.....

And I live in the bit that was in the 'gap' between the two.

Posted

zC_0Q_.png

I assume this was nothing untoward?