Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 7th 2012>

Coast

Posted

The River 'A27' - formed through 18 months of drought condition, with a years worth of rainfall in 3 months!!

Jeez, I'm normally bowling along that at 70mph on the way to Havant or Portsmouth!

Things have taken a turn for the worse here, I cannot express how scary it is to see a flood pouring to your house. Stay safe out there please folks.

Stay safe yourself QS and just get to somewhere high!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Is there more to come tonight, nothing is very clear? More coming off Belgium?

Guest QuantumSnow

It's too late, waters coming in, no police and no FB available, the road needs shutting badly as the cars are pushing water down, it's literally like a river.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Jeez, I'm normally bowling along that at 70mph on the way to Havant or Portsmouth!

I've flown over it, in my way into Shoreham. That's as close to it as I've got.

This may interest you guys regarding Gatwick getting flooded.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/136484.aspx?stationId=7250

Posted

Looking to the East of me huge big dirty black clouds and to the West blue sky to the north clouds coming in. Trying to work out which way the clouds are moving and it looks like they are moving South so looks like Sunshine Coast is going to stay shining! Really feel for you guys underneath the rain. Stay safe and take care

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

It has stopped raining in Chichester for the first time today!

unfortunatey Gil that will be shortlived and you have more to come :(

Posted

http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html

watch that lot over france

it could get sucked into this sad.png

I ran that animation several times earlier and can't quite conclude how the stuff currently heading into France will wrap around the low.

For sure it's not going in a straight line and I'm a little reluctant to post the next picture as this is getting a little more serious now, with a potential for loss of property (I think we've seen that here already this afternoon). Here's a thought anyway - please use your own judgement if you are in an area likely to be at risk later and overnight:

post-6667-0-58588400-1339423496_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

I ran that animation several times earlier and can't quite conclude how the stuff currently heading into France will wrap around the low.

For sure it's not going in a straight line and I'm a little reluctant to post the next picture as this is getting a little more serious now, with a potential for loss of property (I think we've seen that here already this afternoon). Here's a thought anyway - please use your own judgement if you are in an area likely to be at risk later and overnight:

post-6667-0-58588400-1339423496_thumb.jp

Crumbs :-/

Posted

sorry coast not scaremongering

i hope this dries up soon as i have a potential

flood issue here at present

i was trying to say that low is picking up moisture

like a hoover and could pick up more moisture from the france lot

hope im wrongsad.png

Posted

Use this to figure out your risk: http://www.environme...oods/31618.aspx

Use this to figure out what to do : http://www.metoffice...e/flooding.html

These are both Government agencies specifically charged with the safety and well-being of the public.

Edited by Boar Wrinklestorm

Guest archiesmummy

Just want to say to all who are so badly affected by this awful weather that am thinking of you, watching the radar and just doesn't seem to be any let up, anyway I know won't help you but just try and stay safe

Take care x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

not looking good! thanks for sharing Robbie.

Yeah, but thankfully it's not near the level of flooding just yet for Gatwick. I don't think in 2009 Gatwick flooded, when the flood level was reached. We'd probably need another 90-100mm event in the next 48hrs to probably get close to that sort of level. Thankfully we wont!!

Posted

It's certainly looking nasty for some of us in this region. Thankfully rain seemed to have stopped around lunchtime here...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Something odd is happening outside the office....its STOPPED raining......quick, get the lotion and sun hats.....oh wait its started again....

Are we expecting more then folks? From what i can see it looks to be breaking up, but the france lot seems to be heading over?

Posted

WEST SUSSEX Fire and Rescue Service has asked residents to only call 999 in “real emergency situationsâ€.

The plea comes as the control room has been inundated with calls, due to heavy rain and flood-related incidents, today (Monday, June 11). A spokesman said: “We are working with partner agencies and support from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service to resolve these incidents as soon as possible but are appealing to the public to only dial 999 in a real emergency situation.

“Transport via the road network in the south west of the county is difficult with many roads closed or impassable due to flooding. We urge people to only travel if absolutely essential and to allow extra time.â€

http://www.chichester.co.uk/community/only-call-999-in-emergencies-ask-west-sussex-rescue-service-1-3937995

Posted

http://europa.buienradar.nl/gmap.aspx?soort=loop3uur&zoom=7&lat=50.4888&lon=4.4192

now raining here again and looking at the radar we could be in for one wet night

Posted

The roofer was booked two weeks ago to fit our leaky roof last Thursday... and it has rained and rained every since! Walls are getting browner and a brand new leak has now sprung spreading beige all around. To top it all someone vandalised roof of husband's convertible and so that's letting water in too - patched up with plastic bags and pillows right now!