Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 7th 2012>

Coast

Posted

Am I right in thinking although the heavy is now to the west of me atm, that the low will slowly move eastwards and bring the rain back over my area ??

Posted

http://europa.buienradar.nl/gmap.aspx?soort=loop3uur&zoom=7&lat=50.4888&lon=4.419

its pouring down here again things could get interesting once that stuff leave france and head u.k. way

Posted

coast are you good at building a boat!!! even into deep f1 fantasy world its rain all the way

Our lads have been working on it since first thing.......

post-6667-0-76803200-1339406876_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Amber Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey & West Sussex

valid from 0005 Mon 11 Jun to 2355 Mon 11 Jun

This warning has been updated to extend the Amber area slightly further west just fringing into the Bournemouth area. The Yellow area has also been extended further west.

Issued at - 11 Jun 2012, 11:07

Posted

Householders and business owners across England and Wales have been warned to be prepared for further flooding as torrential rain swept across the country. The Met Office issued an amber alert for the east, south-east and south-west of England and there were concerns that more rain in mid- and west Wales, where hundreds of people are already mopping up, could cause further damage.

By 10am on Monday, 36 flood alerts – signalling that flooding is possible – had been issued by the Environment Agency for parts of the south and north of England, the Midlands and Wales. One flood warning (flooding is expected and immediate action needed) was issued for areas of Surrey and West Sussex around Gatwick airport.

There was brighter news, at least, in the village of Pennal in Gwynedd between Machynlleth and Aberdovey. A landslide had blocked a channel through which water normally drains from a disused quarry. The heavy rain meant the quarry was in danger of filling completely and the water spilling into the village below.

North Wales police told people to leave their homes and most of the 600 residents moved in with friends, relatives or in the leisure centre at Machynlleth, where a temporary refuge had been set up.

But emergency services managed to cut a new channel from the quarry to allow water to seep out and residents were told they were safe to return. A fire service spokesman said: "The pressure on the reservoir was immense, so public safety was paramount. We have managed to avert a very serious situation." Hundreds of residents and holidaymakers returned to homes and caravans in and around Aberystwyth after up to 1.5 metres of floodwater caused chaos. About 150 people had been rescued or evacuated after 150mm of rain fell in 24 hours – twice as much as normally falls in the whole of June.

The Welsh first minister, Carwyn Jones, said the government was spending £40m on bolstering flood defences and tackling coastal erosion over the next year. "The reality is you can't prevent flooding at all times especially when you get very unusual weather patterns such as we've seen over the last few days in this part of Wales. The situation will be examined, we'll talk to the Environment Agency about what could be done to help boost flood defences in the future," he said.

In England, parts of West Sussex were badly hit by flooding with firefighters receiving more than 80 flood-related calls between 10.30pm on Sunday and 3am on Monday. Some homes in Littlehampton were under 1.2 metres of water, and a temporary centre for people who had been evacuated was set up at Littlehampton Swimming Centre. A fire service spokesman said: "There are no reports of any injuries, but people are being urged to stay out of floodwater due to the dangers of lifted manhole covers and water contaminated with sewage."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jun/11/flooding-england-wales?newsfeed=true

Posted

I'm debating whether to leave home and head for Quuens - we have centre court tickets today.

Less than 2 hours play and we get a full refund on the face value of tickets.

Dilemma!

Posted

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/111753.aspx

coast reg gatwick if it flood i hope it dont reading what the environment are saying it could be a big problems worth keeping an eye on it

Posted

coast reg gatwick if it flood i hope it dont reading what the environment are saying it could be a big problems worth keeping an eye on it

ph34r.png

warning_final.jpg

Heavy and prolonged rainfall overnight has caused river levels to rise in the River Mole. In the Charlwood and Hookwood area the levels are still rising, and will continue to rise through this morning. This is likely to cause some flooding to properties. Most of the heavy rain has now moved away, but there is a risk of heavy showers this afternoon.

08:07 on 11 Jun 2012

Posted

Absolutely dreadful here, been raining since 8:00pm last night and it has been constantly heavy to torrential rain. At least 3" have fallen as I left a plastic bowl on the lawn by mistake last night. Was empty, now overflowing. Road to the east, a few hundred yards from my house is closed due to flooding, road to the North closed due to flooding, west is flooding but passable. Just been crazy weather. I have lived here 45 years and never seen this much rain in less that 24 hours.

Traffic report.

• A259 Felpham Way Felpham, Bognor Regis
    A259 Live travel
    More details
    Road closed and delays due to flooding
    Last updated 17 minutes ago
    Map

[*]

A27 Chichester

A27 Live travel

More details

Road closed and queueing traffic due to flooding

Last updated 21 minutes ago

Map

[*]

A29 Shripney Road Shripney

A29 Live travel

More details

Road closed due to flooding

Last updated 28 minutes ago

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Drizzly rain in Ipswich at the moment. Very wet and overcast. Is anything interesting coming this way? Cannot read the maps very well as yet but am learning. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

aaaand after an hour's break we're off again! Torrential in KentHouse/Beckenham Area.

Guest QuantumSnow

aaaand after an hour's break we're off again! Torrential in KentHouse/Beckenham Area.

Yep started again here.. oh what joy!!

*grits teeth and grins*

Posted

The bad news is the MetO have just issued a yellow warning for parts of this region tomorrow....

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England:

Kent, Surrey, Hampshire, West Sussex, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Medway, Portsmouth & Greater London

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England:

Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock & Essex

Valid from 0005 Tue 12 Jun to 1800 Tue 12 Jun

Issued at - 11 Jun 2012, 11:57

Further spells of rain are likely on Monday night and into Tuesday across southeast England, some of which could be heavy. Given that ground will be saturated in many places following Monday's very heavy rain, there is a risk of localised surface water flooding as well as possible river flooding. The public should be aware that this could lead to some travel problems.

The good news is the rain should gradually ease from the north west during Tuesday.

Posted

Not liking the look of this next lot passing across to the North of my current location:

post-6667-0-28636100-1339413147_thumb.jp

Posted

Drizzly rain in Ipswich at the moment. Very wet and overcast. Is anything interesting coming this way? Cannot read the maps very well as yet but am learning. smile.png

there look to me more heavy rain leaving the dutch coast and its looking like its heading our way and some of that is heavy

Posted

A421 Bedfordshire - A421 closed in both directions between the M1 junction in Brogborough and the A5134 Woburn Road junction in Bedford, because of flooding.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yep started again here.. oh what joy!!

*grits teeth and grins*

Do you mean it stopped?laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Think it stopped here for about an hour/hour and a half? It's hacking down again now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Think it stopped here for about an hour/hour and a half? It's hacking down again now though.

Normal service is resumed, then...

Posted

at the moment the radar saying their a monsoon near bognor regis

Guest QuantumSnow

Well, it did for a bit, enough to pump most of the water out of my house laugh.png

But it's now chucking it down again!

edit, TJ beat me to it :D

Edited by QuantumSnow

Posted

Not liking the look of this next lot passing across to the North of my current location:

post-6667-0-28636100-1339413147_thumb.jp

that lot is just arriving over me now- its heavy and increasing.....

Posted

yay ! The man has just arrived to fix my leaky conservatory roof...

post-10773-0-61521900-1339414269_thumb.j

....I was starting to think the kittens would be needing swimming lessons !

Posted

Running several different radar and satellite animations on a few sites, it looks like the low is anchored around the top of West Sussex/Surrey and just rotates there, dragging more cloud in and sending it around all the places that have seen so much of it already. The stuff in Belgium/Holland looks to be going North or North East currently and it may be that something closer to home is the concern over the next few hours?