Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 7th 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Quite a lot of the places in London are absolutely flodded, if there's another 70-80mm to fall... bloody hell!!

Pictures? Is that london in general or are some areas worse in particular?

Posted

peeing down here in Bexleyheath since around 6.30pm - proper steady rain, and if this doesn't show signs of letting up in the next 24 hours (as the meto weather warning suggests) then there might be problems...

(but hopefully flights to Cyprus on Tuesday won't be affected)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Issued at - 10 Jun 2012, 23:04

This warning has been upgraded to amber on the basis of latest computer model output and observations, with some adjustments also to the area covered by the yellow warning.

Amber Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Kent, Medway, Portsmouth, Slough, Surrey, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Southampton, Wokingham, Buckinghamshire, West Berkshire & Isle of Wight

Rain, heavy at times will persist well into Monday, before gradually easing away westwards during the afternoon. Further thundery downpours are possible in the southeast later.

The public should be prepared for surface water flooding and localised river flooding, as well as very difficult driving conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Pictures? Is that london in general or are some areas worse in particular?

Sorry my friend, didn't want my phone getting drenched. Bromley looked fine when I left it from work, It wasn't too bad, Lewisham and New Cross had some very very big (I won't say puddles as that's an understatement) resevours going.. Peckham, Camberwell and Walworth where pretty much alrite.. but still potentially flood worthy.

I just hope Mr Thames Barrier is up, but that probably wont work.. as the majority may be on the west of it :S

Posted

Wouldn't be surprised to see those amber warnings edge further overnight/tomorrow morning into northern home counties such as the 3 counties! Constant rain for a few hours here now, sounds quite heavy against the bedroom window.

Posted

Chief forecasters view below..

post-8968-0-01153500-1339370472_thumb.pn

Soz its not copied and pasted in but it's a flash image so it won't work.

Posted

Our dog has been acting very weird tonight.

....probably looking forward to going a nice walkies in the rain tomorrow..

post-10773-0-10752000-1339371264_thumb.j

Wouldn't be surprised to see those amber warnings edge further overnight/tomorrow morning into northern home counties such as the 3 counties!

I noticed on the image Cheese Rice just posted the Chief Forecaster's Assessment said " There remains some uncertainty about the exact areas which will catch the heaviest rain, and further updates may yet be issued "

..best stay tuned then folks...or look out of the window !

Posted

just a quick fax update re friday

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=charts;type=ukmomod;sess=

click on 120hr

gonna be a battle between high pressure to our east

and another big low pressure system to our west

more runs needed but another one that needs watching

Edited by john pike

Posted

MT8_London_ens.png

very wet ensembles to the 19th

slight signs of something a little warmer from the 19th onwards

but too far away to be certain

10943211-rental-canoes-tied-up-at-wharf-at-the-pavilion-on-dows-lake-in-central-ottawa-ontario-canada.jpg

what colour shall i use tomorrow wacko.png

Posted

Hopefully by the end of June we will be into BBQ weather.....................................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Already around 70mm looks to have fallen in some places with more still to come.

BBC weather latest tweet...

"Numerous roads already flooded in SE England. Conditions expected to worsen in the Capital as the heavy rain pours through rush hour"

Looks like this event will be every bit as bad as expected and possibly worse.

Posted

If high-tide coincides with rainwater run-off peaks then there could be some issues with groundwater seeping up through piping systems that otherwise would use it to carry the run-off into the Thames and other tributaries.

The Underground system especially is susceptible in these conditions.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

It is becoming severe now, i have done a map to show a general area of where we have and can expect the heavy rainfall and floods, although i did get some local zones circled around the London area for example, i decided to generally zone this one, the radar has some mega returns on there and some just run through here.

post-11361-0-05692700-1339386190_thumb.g

Note - the areas that experience high rainfall totals, these run offs into the local rivers are likely to affect those also down stream, rivers are likely to rise quickly today and tomorow this would continue.

Posted

Been watching an area of intense rain for many hours between initially Chichester and Reigate and now Chichester and Farnham. Chichester must be underwater!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

http://www.environme...east&Severity=3

The rivers are rising

(please refresh the page when you visit the link just to make sure the updates are in)

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Guest archiesmummy

Still chucking it down, heavier than when I went to bed last night, looking at the radar it seems to want to stay with me longer than had expected?

Posted

Surprise, surprise...it's raining here and has been for hours, 10mm so far with plenty more to come by the looks of it - a total of 27.4mm predicted for here today which is nothing compared to what some places are going to end up with !

Guest QuantumSnow

Just thought i'd share these with you...

Several inches of flooding, can't access any car this morning at all apart form mine luckily which was parked on the other side of the house.

We have a 30ft long room which was awaiting building work, totally flooded right up to the step into the house (it's slightly lower) containing a lot of stored stuff - all lost, including a very expensive and rare electrical unit as part of a business... la de da rolleyes.gif

Fire brigade have just arrived to pump :)

Stay safe out there today folks good.gif

IMAG2912.jpg

IMAG2910.jpg

IMAG2909.jpg

Guest archiesmummy

Just thought i'd share these with you...

Several inches of flooding, can't access any car this morning at all apart form mine luckily which was parked on the other side of the house.

We have a 30ft long room which was awaiting building work, totally flooded right up to the step into the house (it's slightly lower) containing a lot of stored stuff - all lost, including a very expensive and rare electrical unit as part of a business... la de da rolleyes.gif

Fire brigade have just arrived to pump :)

Stay safe out there today folks good.gif

IMAG2912.jpg

IMAG2910.jpg

IMAG2909.jpg

Sorry to hear that, with more rain to come hope it doesn't get any worse for you..stay safe