PPVG89.png

hi surrey

thanks for the info

i think the biggest risk for heavy rain starts early monday morning onwards

the fax charts show a low stall over the south east at 06hr monday

and not moved very much by 1200hr monday

the low could anchor in a slightly different position as shown but at present

this is showing as a whole south east event sad.png

Indeed..I think when we see it unfold will give a good idea and the model update later today...But frankly..The river near me is already swollen from the last rain we have had...This is not good..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hello from brentford west London. Very muggy feel here today, despite a cooling breeze. Dreading the commute to canary wharf tomorrow, looking at the projected rainfall for our area it could be a tricky few hours for many people. The plants and greenery seem to grow extensively every day! Overgrown with weeds etc here and the wind soon sorted out our fully bloomed roses, now rose petals on the floor!! Travel safely tomorrow morning all..

Just received the following warning which now includes Bedford, so things seem to have moved a little bit further north.

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England : Essex, Hertfordshire, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock, Central Bedfordshire, Luton, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire & Bedford valid from 0005 Mon 11 Jun to 2355 Mon 11 Jun

Edited by Chris Mantle

Just received the following warning which now includes Bedford, so things seem to have moved a little bit further north.

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England : Essex, Hertfordshire, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock, Central Bedfordshire, Luton, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire & Bedford valid from 0005 Mon 11 Jun to 2355 Mon 11 Jun

The models have showed it pushing north..Look at the pics on the last page I posted :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What, a yellow warning for 'widespread drizzle'? All we need now is for someone to come and tell it's not raining?laugh.png

Posted

A bit of drizzle for the past hour, looking at the radar, the heavier stuff isn't too far away! Bet it will start just as I go for my run later this eveningdoh.gif

Posted

Rain has been quite heavy here for the last hour or so. Looks very 'set in' and the air is very still, so this could hang around for some time I think.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

The MetO warning has been extended further north and west to include more of East Anglia, the south and east midlands and more of Dorset and Wiltshire....and Milton Keynes....

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Slough, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham & Milton Keynes

valid from 0005 Mon 11 Jun to 2355 Mon 11 Jun

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Essex, Hertfordshire, Southend-on-Sea, Thurrock, Central Bedfordshire, Luton, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire & Bedford

valid from 0005 Mon 11 Jun to 2355 Mon 11 Jun

Issued at - 10 Jun 2012, 17:55

What, a yellow warning for 'widespread drizzle'? All we need now is for someone to come and tell it's not raining?laugh.png

It's not raining here blum.gif

............but it looks as if it will be soon angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Well, yesterday I got a suntan, and it has been more of a useable day today than I expected. The rain arrived about 5pm, and before that is was cloudy but fairly warm. I'm usually only here in the Winter (same as Tinybill said) but what with the weather being more Autumnal and interesting (read irritating) I need to share the Summer disappointment, and look out for a hint of the next dry spell. Looks like we are in for a drenching again over the next 24 hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

sad.png im going to get washed away...

The forecast for my area for tomorrow says 80mm! I'm going to get even more washed away! wink.png

if anyone needs an ark built.... I Noah guy

...sorry I'll get my sou'wester biggrin.png

Guest archiesmummy

Well, its def raining in this part of Essex!

Noah more of the jokes...lol :)

Edited by archiesmummy

Posted

Well, its def raining in this part of Essex!

Noah more of the jokes...lol smile.png

'Ark at you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

If you run through the sat24 images, you will notice that the cloud levels are increasing indicating an increase of precipitation intensity perhaps?

http://www.sat24.com/de/eu

Edited by Perfect Storm

Posted

The rain is getting heavier, now. and things are very still...Now, off to round up those darned elephants!

Posted

Hi all haven't posted in here in a while.

The differences in GFS and NAE are certainly notable in regards for tomorrow, if GFS verifies (69mm forecasted for tomorrow) that would translate into the wettest day here since 2001 (NAE gives c.30mm for my location). Both certainly give a sodden day tomorrow! Could end up being a very wet month here statistically!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

You got me! Lmao....!

I think you're both in the same boat! Sorry, I love the 'association' type of jokes and couldn't resist!