Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

More like summer today with warmth, sunny intervals with a hazy sky and a breeze. Some heavy showers appearing on the radar to the south so I wonder whether I'll be playing some tennis in two hours time.

I think i can hear distant Rumbles to my south , not seen any lightening though.

Some cracking downpours in parts of Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway...they don't seem to be moving very far very quickly though. Meanwhile it's almost a summer's day down in the far reaches of the borders :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Still rumbling in distance but seems to be getting more distant at the moment. On mobile so don't know exactly where its from as we are in the woods.

Edited by Ceitidh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We have a weird luminous mist, sun trying toi break through, no rain.

Posted

Turned into a nice afternoon here believe it or not. All the rain to the north/south

EDIT: Seems showers are dying of death in the south of scotland at least

Edited by NUT

Posted

plenty of flashes and bangs this afternoon between kilmarnock and ayr . Looking to my east looks good for more x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Well T in the Ark is going to be an absolute mud fest..

Good luck to anyone going there this weekend.... 27mm by 12:00 on Saturday.. totally drookit!!!

post-7292-0-24856700-1341508117_thumb.gi post-7292-0-10728500-1341508124_thumb.gi

Posted

It's turned out to be a cracker, a warm and pleasant July day indeed with some cumulonimbus clouds to the south. It's a shame that we are still in a set-up that brings mostly wet, cool, dull, boring and disapointing conditions for this time of year and I really hope that we will see some more generally sunny and warm conditions in the rest of the summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Another wtf weather day with mist, fog, low cloud loitering near the coast to depress temps but plenty warm inland & quite sunny - welcome to the basta'ard clegs. I am no longer so peely wally. It felt a bit like thundery mid-afternoon but never really looked that serious, just a bit of a gusty breeze and looming clouds here and there. POETS day tomorrow but no POETS for me - long trip to Thurso & back, A9 mayhem in patchy fog.

Posted

Started grey, warm in the middle with max of 20.9C (warmest since May), grey again by evening but humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Morning all.

Mix of sun and clouds again here in Brittany. Hot when the sun is out but not full on day at the beach weather as cool when cloudy. Good enough for mini miss SS to play in the sand and dip into the sea though - a bit chilly but she's half Scottish so nae probs.

Langoustines and crab for dinner last night makes up for it not being uber summery.

I see lots of flooding across the UK from the news - glad I'm escaping that at least.

Cheers,

SS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Odd weather on the walk home from Haymarket station late last night. Humid, foggy and a breeze...er, how does that work?

Damp about covers it this morning. Just for a change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Hazy sun here and feeling warnm and muggy at 20C. Just been speaking to someone in Leeds who says it is absolutely peshing down there just now.

Posted

Hazy sunshine here too so our wee spell of summer weather continues. The radar shows some very impressive heavy rainfall down south - some awful conditions.

Posted

Morning all.

Mix of sun and clouds again here in Brittany. Hot when the sun is out but not full on day at the beach weather as cool when cloudy. Good enough for mini miss SS to play in the sand and dip into the sea though - a bit chilly but she's half Scottish so nae probs.

Langoustines and crab for dinner last night makes up for it not being uber summery.

I see lots of flooding across the UK from the news - glad I'm escaping that at least.

Cheers,

SS

Hi SS,

Guessing you are on the coast and hopefully you are missing the heavy showers!!! I am in area 22 and we have had Torrential downpours and thunder this afternoon after a lovely warm sunny morning.

I love the seafood..........langustines, scallops and mussels are fantastic and reasonably priced and some great wines to wash it all done. Try the local cider........very good indeed..

Enjoy your holiday.good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Hi SS,

Guessing you are on the coast and hopefully you are missing the heavy showers!!! I am in area 22 and we have had Torrential downpours and thunder this afternoon after a lovely warm sunny morning.

I love the seafood..........langustines, scallops and mussels are fantastic and reasonably priced and some great wines to wash it all done. Try the local cider........very good indeed..

Enjoy your holiday.good.gif

Aye - Benodet, on the south coast near Quimper. Clouds have mostly cleared to give a very nice afternoon.

Just back from the fish shop and it's palourdes farcies for dinner this evening - chopping the garlic and parsley right now. Mmmmmmm.

Mrs SS comes from Normandie with family from Brittany - she introduced me to Brittany cider many years ago. Heaven compared to the crap that you generally get in Scotland.

Posted

We live in a little commune called Plougonver in Cotes d'Armor, pretty area in soft rolling countryside about 25 miles south of the coast.

I love Quimper and the surrounding area, we are about 60 miles north east.

I love the Breton culture and slow pace of life. The people also Celts, very similar to the Scots..

Bon appetit......enjoy your clams biggrin.png

Weather still very close with the odd black cloud making its way north to the UK with its contents. Hmmmmmmm ............... its throwing it down again with rumbles in the distance!!

PS.

Nice little Bar/Bistro on the square does superb port in cider....

Edited by Gilly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Yes well... It's been a cracking afternoon in the far north after a very murky start with dense low cloud / fog / wotever you want to call it blanketing large parts. Inland the sun shone, 19C and with a slight breeze, no midges and no German tourists in sight, good fun was had. Oh, one cleg spotted and splatted. I think that's it though, the forecast is poor.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well, back safe and sound. No rescue necessary! However, we left Lincoln this morning and boy was it heavy. Managed to outrun it by the time we hit Newcastle. If it is that heavy here tomorrow, look out! Had a nice week really, it was a bit showery but also quite humid and yesterday was wall to wall sunshine. Now, after a week of an elderly aunt with dementia, it is relax with a drink time and a sleep in tomorrow! Over and out.tease.gif