Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Got round the golf course just about dry this afternoon but very wet underfoot [in Edinburgh]. Arrived back home to heavy showery rain. Max was 17,6C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Bonjour!

Currently enjoying lunch in the conservatory of my mother in law. Normally, that might be considered something to avoid, but then she's French and an incredible cook.

Warm here [little village near Le Havre] - must be 17C or something, but a bit grey and overcast with a cool breeze.

Heading west for the south coast of Brittany tomorrow.

First stop on arrival will be the supermarket. Whole aisles devoted to cheese, live lobsters... And of course the cheap beer section. Paradise.

Looks like it will be warm but a bit changeable in the beginning, hopefully becoming more beach-like weatherwise as we move towards the end of the week.

Au revoir. A tout à l'heure!

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Persistent heavy rain here all day as you can see by looking at the radar.

Posted

Persistent heavy rain here all day as you can see by looking at the radar.

Flooding getting reported apparently

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

No rain here just grey and scandalously cold for July - had hat, gloves & coat on most of the day. Pfff. Urine extraction of the worst kind.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

drizzle here. rubbish weather. as HC says, a bit on the chilly side too. forecast looks rubbish too for most of the week really. maybe sunshine and showers best can hope for but even at that unlikely here. yuch. for my sins had a quick look in the model outlook threads and there is hope at the end of the run apparently. mmm.

Posted

drizzle here. rubbish weather. as HC says, a bit on the chilly side too. forecast looks rubbish too for most of the week really. maybe sunshine and showers best can hope for but even at that unlikely here. yuch. for my sins had a quick look in the model outlook threads and there is hope at the end of the run apparently. mmm.

And how exactly are you saying mmm? With pleasure, a la Jane Fonda, with grumps like the miserable fockwit at the bar when you ask him where Rangers will start next month, or just with your average Scot's doubtfulness...

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Been a better day here, and was nice over at Butterfly world, albeit a sharp shower before we left. 18C, but a wee nip in the breeze.

A tad warmer in butterfly world too - a good place to visit in this dreich weather!

Bloomin wet today again, although tomorrow looks better thank goodness.

Models showing some promise in the far away horizon - plllllleeeeeeeeeeeeease be sunny soon. everything crossed.

Posted

PISH, COLD, WET!!! not a lot else to say really.

WELL AT LEAST THE RAIN IS GETTING WARMER.........

403827_10151006572879648_1764652350_n.jpg

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

It's foggy too !!!

The models are quite grim just now, not that they mean it.. It's sadistic looking at a stonking Greenland High and a supressed Azores one... ach well. Summer may start to show up in 2-3 weeks time, until then we have some continually mashed up charts a la this effort for later in the week...

post-7292-0-34599500-1341266825_thumb.gi

We can all bask in the sunshine of SS holiday reports in the meanwhile..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Off to the exotic climes of Falkirk the day... with friend and wee wean for a hike along the Canal - kinda hoping the Old Testament stays right out of the weather for Central, please! :)

Posted

We can all bask in the sunshine of SS holiday reports in the meanwhile..

Haud yer horses. Mind that I'm off tae the only place in continental europe where they wear kilts and play bagpipes. It is also on the NW corner of the country it forms part of and stuck oot intae the atlantic.

SuperStock_1566-990235.jpg

Weatherwise - with hindsight - this may have been a mistake.

Posted

Haud yer horses. Mind that I'm off tae the only place in continental europe where they wear kilts and play bagpipes. It is also on the NW corner of the country it forms part of and stuck oot intae the atlantic.

Yeah, so much for the similarities. When did you last see a Breton eating deep-fried pizza, guzzling tinnies of 8% ABV poison... Still think I'll stick to the Black Isle!

Almost warmish & sort of vaguely sunny this morning which is about right cos I'm deskbound today.

Posted

Sun shining in North Berwick this morning where we are for a few days.Great day here on Sunday must have been 20c at least with blue skies and rain clouds all round. Very wet in Edinburgh yesterday where we met up with Aurora Storm and went panda viewing at the zoo bringing back memories of pushing push chairs to the top many years ago!!!!

Posted

Yeah, so much for the similarities. When did you last see a Breton eating deep-fried pizza, guzzling tinnies of 8% ABV poison... Still think I'll stick to the Black Isle!

Try a crepe complete (melted cheese, ham and a fried egg) washed down with brittany cider and shot of calvados...

And if its real similarities yer after - just arrived an f3ckin rainin here too...

Och well, at least the beer fridge is stocked.

Courtesy_bumrab.com_.jpg

EDIT. Just sprinkle a few herbs on top and it suddenly becomes healthy....

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Try a crepe complete (melted cheese, ham and a fried egg) washed down with brittany cider and shot of calvados...

That sounds like a fine continental breakfast :)

Posted

Very continental out there tonight.... humid with a shower not quite wetting the ground. 18C with a warm breeze. Best make the most of it.

Stolen fir Windy Wilson for those attending TITP...

Overnight rain tonight, and showers tomorrow, with heavy rain Thursday night into early Friday morning will start a week/weekend of lots and lots of rain. . . . . .

Late Thursday afternoon/early evening see's the start of the T rain coming in, but the onions really hits the fan on Friday !!

Friday will see heavy persistent downpours with rain on almost all day. Winds will also pick up mid afternoon gusting to about 25/30mph at times. And the only good news I have is it will be really really warm with highs of +20/22 degrees, and very clammy as well.

Rain will continue to fall on and off for most of Friday night and into Saturday morning and should eventually ease a little as we go into the afternoon, as the winds also calm down a bit as well.

Possible chance of some bright spells late late afternoon/early evening but only possible.

The rain unfortunately continues into Sunday however, not as prolonged as Friday, which is by far the worst day . . . . . .

Saturday and Sunday will also bring additional problems with our favourite inhabitant of a damp moist Scotland - the midgie. So be prepared to be eaten alive . . . . . . .

Windy wonders if he should also be a boring old fart and mention 'trench foot' ?? Aye you can laugh, but it'll no be very I like hedgehogsg funny if it happens to you eh . . . . . So windy advises, lots of spare socks, talcum powder, plenty towels, and lots of dry footwear to change into - i.e. hunners oh pairs oh spare wellies. Although by the time Sunday comes, it'll be waders you'll be needing ha ha ha

Summary -

Friday will be extremely wet with heavy torrential downpours, windy and very muggy at +20/22 degrees

Saturday will continue wet, but not as wet as Friday, and the wind should ease in the afternoon. Possible chance of some late bright spells but I doubt that very much. With highs of +16/18 degrees

Sunday will be very similar to Saturday, but again with the rain easing a little, and a bit cooler at +15/17 degrees

Posted

Faks sake. Nice morning deteriorated to RAIN when I chose to go for a pre-lunch walk to loosen the brain up, so returned drenched for lunch at which point it dried up, bien sur. Jeesus H fakinn X was my afternoon tinged with pain.

Pleasant evening mind, cloud broken enough just now for one of my favourites - reading outside late evening.

SS, maybe the oceanic part of France - if Bretagne isn't going for independence - is similar to us in needing creature comforts to compensate for the crap weather?

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Wonder if I should go back to bed until August...

Posted

Doune and Dunblane show this weekend is cancelled, as is the Stirling Highland games due to the impending weather and already saturated grounds.

Posted

SS - your celtic continental correspondent - checking in...

After a forecast for clouds and rain (meteo.fr), it actually was quite nice here (Benodet) today. From around mid morning the clouds broke to give sunny periods throughout the day. Not quite sunbathing weather (in Scotland maybe, but not in France), but very nice and good enough for moules marinières al fresco overlooking the boats coming and going in the harbour at lunchtime.

Touch and go for tomorrow too.