Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

It was quite earlier but it's now cooler and cloudy. After watching the forecast, one word to describe the weather tomorrow is driech. The good news is that Andy Murray has become the first Englishman *brit* to reach the Wimbledon final in 74 years. Even if he doesn't win it, it's a great achievment for Murray and Scottish and British sport and I'm sure the final will be a great occassion and I'm glad that Murray will be part of it - to make this historic moments even better would be that first grand slam win for Murray. Come on Murray!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

http://newsnetscotla...-the-m77-videos

Spectacular scenes of flooding on the M77 – videos

Edit. I'm feeling homesick.. wink.png

Bon appetit......enjoy your clams biggrin.png

Merci. Were delicious thanks. Sounds like the weather where you are is 'Les miserables' as they say in France (drives Mrs SS mad when I say that). biggrin.png

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Back from N Berwick today and wow there has been some growth in the last 5 days ,every mm has been needed.First proper pick of outside strawberries today mmmmm about two weeks later than usual though.Currently 17c and very humid with a light shower a couple of hours ago,very dark, misty and overcast.

Posted

A nice day with a max of 20.5C. Clouded over again now but still fairly warm and humid but dry.

Posted

http://newsnetscotla...-the-m77-videos

Spectacular scenes of flooding on the M77 – videos

Am liking the second video commentary..... "Aye water looks lovely"

A few snaps fir yesterday.

post-2849-0-54210600-1341608005_thumb.jp

Crossing the border.

post-2849-0-41779300-1341608009_thumb.jp

Heavens open, so back in Scotland then.

post-2849-0-86651100-1341607998_thumb.jppost-2849-0-54827700-1341608001_thumb.jp

Wavey clouds this afternoon.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Steady, heavy rain here... yesterday wasn't bad at all, started raining 11pm-ish, just ordinary rain. Much heavier this morning (woke 7am).

Still nothing like the cloudburst last summer that gave us over two inches of rain in under half an hour. I very much hope nothing ever will be like that again where I am!

Mild, and poor visibility. Very little wind, so I'm reckoning this will stick around til it empties the clouds...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Back to damp cool greyness this morning (oh joy) to be followed by rain later. Not on the Devon scale tho, that looks awful.

Posted

Bit Dreich as they say. Some rain but not the torrents that have been falling in other areas.

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Aye! the Perma Pi5h continues then eh mad.gif

Yet another weekend stuck infkndoors, and will only venture oot tae do the T In The Mud journeys all weekend wi the youngest Big Innes rolleyes.gif

Was surprised though how good the grass was (nae mud) at the drop off / pick up area last night, but I suspect that conditions will deteriorate badly during the weekend whistling.gif

Cannae take much more o' this hellish pi5hness of an excuse for summer help.gif

Big crabbit pu55 Innes

wallbash.gif

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted

Grey and drizzly morning. Rain now getting a little heavier. Temp 11.7C.

Posted

"Scotch Mist " (mist and a very wetting drizzle) this morning.

Very dark with nice cool moderate east wind at 12.1c.

Looking for a drop of fresh on the top of Cairngorm next week possibly.

Global warming ? No not today!!!!

Posted

Aye! the Perma Pi5h continues then eh mad.gif

Yet another weekend stuck infkndoors, and will only venture oot tae do the T In The Mud journeys all weekend wi the youngest Big Innes rolleyes.gif

Was surprised though how good the grass was (nae mud) at the drop off / pick up area last night, but I suspect that conditions will deteriorate badly during the weekend whistling.gif

Cannae take much more o' this hellish pi5hness of an excuse for summer help.gif

Big crabbit pu55 Innes

wallbash.gif

When I told youngest HC that it was called P in the Mud he changed his mind about campaigning to go. Amazing what an impact a single letter change can make.

Steady drizzle since mid morning. Utter dreich poopness. Ms HC off to an open gardenfool.gif , well wrapped up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

When I told youngest HC that it was called P in the Mud he changed his mind about campaigning to go. Amazing what an impact a single letter change can make.

Steady drizzle since mid morning. Utter dreich poopness. Ms HC off to an open gardenfool.gif , well wrapped up.

Youngest Big Innes will be 26 this year and has been going tae the P in the Mud for years noo HC mellow.png

Aye it was right muddy when I dropped them off this efty though excl.png

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

I'm no lover of hot sunny weather but I have to confess to being happy to be away from home just now. Looks bloody miserable in Fife.

I've spent the past two weeks in Ontario with wall to wall sunshine and one brief downpour. Now in the Rockies where two months of rain apparently ended the day before I arrived. 30C and sun forecast for the next week. It's like being on another planet.

Posted

Looks bloody miserable in Fife.

(An Edinburgher types) I'm puzzled, how do you mean, Fife looks like it always does...

:)

Posted

Utter pish day, non stop rain since about midnight, has now eased to awful drizzle. 13c all day.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

A really awful night continuous light to moderate rain and currently 9.8c.Noticed about 30% new leaves on the horse chestnut as many of the older ones were frosted earlier in the spring.They stand out as they are a much lighter green.I also see that the late flowering blossoms on the northern side of the old apple tree have set some fruit but the rest of the fruit trees are almost bare of fruit. No ripe strawberries today!

Posted

Over 21mm of rain yesterday in the end. Now just grey and damp...

Posted

15mm of rain & Scotch mist yesterday & overnight which is nothing compared to the deluges from south-west England, or southern Russia for that matter, but the garden looks bedraggled and ready for autumn frankly. Although the stove's not been on for a couple of weeks now, chances are it will be soon.

What happened to our summers? It's 3 years since we last had a decent summery spell, this is crap.

Posted

Is that mass of precip in the North Sea swinging back into eastern Scotland?

Posted

Is that mass of precip in the North Sea swinging back into eastern Scotland?

Probably going to wee on Embra & most places south overnight then clear away southwards in the morning.

Not so warm today, maxed at 14C. Pi55y u5ele55 5ummer; only the endle55 drove5 of brainle55 herbivore5 in the garden don't 5eem to mind - I gue55 being mainly nocturnal they wouldn't notice 5o much.

Chri5t I'm turning into a grumpy old 4uck!

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

What happened to our summers? It's 3 years since we last had a decent summery spell, this is crap.

Oh I dunno - first week of March, was it, that was pretty decent summery 23C weather...

Closely followed by -3, iirc :/

Posted

Oh I dunno - first week of March, was it, that was pretty decent summery 23C weather...

Closely followed by -3, iirc :/

no it was end March and encouraged fruit trees to flower early then stuffed them with horizontal sleet straight after. Doesn't count as summerbomb.gif