Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Just had a lively thunderstorm with a bit of torrential rain and some serious forked lightning about six stikes on the trees to the south of us well within a mile. Still very humid but sun is out now currently 18c. Seems the Open golf at Castle Stuart has the same weather pattern coming up again.

Yes I was over by Keith today and drove back late afternoon through that. Elgin was copping it as I passed and Nairn was rather splashy.

Was a pleasant day by Keith, mostly sunny after a grey start, bit breezy, odd spits and spots.

I'll get straight ontae it Big Innes. First thought that comes into my head involves countrywide computer-controlled co-ordination of wind farms, a crap load of power and a flux capacitor. Heads for the lab....

Also, first potatoes lifted (or rather groped for and plucked from the earth) today - rather nice little white spuds, tatties, taters, whatever you want to call them. Steamed, served with butter & mint - heaven, one version of.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Warmer day here today at 17.9C with showers. Again, no thunder but nothing new there.

Posted

Utterly pish blowy day, just back fir Cumbernauld where it absolutely pished it doon again. 15C and wind now easing.

'eck Cheggers, just up sticks to the Black Isle - might be cooler by a degree or so on average and we poss get less snow, but we don't get endless wet seasons!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Ooops broken again !

Just watched New order live from croatia - what a set !

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

I'll get straight ontae it Big Innes.

First thought that comes into my head involves countrywide computer-controlled co-ordination of wind farms, a crap load of power and a flux capacitor.

Heads for the lab....

Aye SS

Aboot 1.21 gigawats should do the trick good.gif

biggrin.png

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted

I'll get straight ontae it Big Innes.

First thought that comes into my head involves countrywide computer-controlled co-ordination of wind farms, a crap load of power and a flux capacitor.

Heads for the lab....

You been testing recently.... shok.gif

205249_10151075470088478_1209669744_n.jpg

Posted

Might be tempting fate here, but after a cooler start again next week we may get warmer and possibly not so wet - depending on where you areblum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Pretty wild out there a real mish mash of everything. Very hot when the clouds clear.

Breezy is putting it mildly... and some hefty sharp showers here and there.. All go !

post-7292-0-60657600-1341064162_thumb.pn

A nice line of showers clearly marked on the radar.. maybe one of them will get electrified !

Edited by lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Don't think it has stopped raining all day. Think I must have just dreamt the forecast I saw for today which was dry for a spell. cray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Been dry here but breezy.

Yes - few showers over gala way but the sun out mainly here - almost qualifies as summer. Sort of. Well, if you are getting desperate.

EDIT. Och pants - jinxed it. Raining.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Constent rain showers all over the place - after driving to and from Lochgoilhead it's just the same wet conditions everywhere with rare pockets of blue skies. When are we ever going to get a day with more hours of sunshine than rain?

Posted

Warmest day of the summer so far here. Maxed at 20.0C (to be confirmed) before a torrential shower passed through this afternoon. Sunny again now but large clouds visible so possibly more showers to come.

Edited by howham

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Another day o' pi5hy pi5hness pi5hin doon a' ower the phi5hy place help.gif

Big pi55ed aff Innes

Posted

Hi all

Yup, I'd class this as a good summers day. Short and tshirt job, mostly sun, about 19c here I think and a barbie and beers to end. Bank. Sadly gash again by tomorrow and 12c! I give up

Posted

There were folk around here in shorts & t-shirts today too - but these guys dress this way when there's horizontal sleet!

The monthly accumulated rainfall chart - taken from radar - shows an interesting picture for June. There are plenty of places scattered right across the country that have had more than 240mm this month, and a few have had up to 480mm, with some blobs of up to 600mm in the Lake District mountains. We don't usually get more than 600mm here in a year. The maps are worth a look.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Dare i say it - its dry!

So what are everyones thoughts on the weather ahead for July?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Dare i say it - its dry!

So what are everyones thoughts on the weather ahead for July?

There is a good chance of some thundery showers during this week, fingers crossed!

Looking at the latest models it does look like remaining unsettled with plenty of more rain on the way.

Posted

Been a better day here, and was nice over at Butterfly world, albeit a sharp shower before we left. 18C, but a wee nip in the breeze.

Posted

A better day here too with the skies a lot less grey and heavy than yesterday and at times it's been nice. If July is anything better than June then I'll be a little more content but like most I will be on the look out for a cracking spell of summer weather. Right now, I'm going to enjoy the Euro 2012 final that kicks off in 45 mins - I hope we are in for a classic.

Edited by A Winter's Tale

Posted

Been a better day here, and was nice over at Butterfly world, albeit a sharp shower before we left. 18C, but a wee nip in the breeze.

Well looks like we usually get what the other doesn't. Today we have had pi55y grey cool dreich 5hittty drizzly midsummer pants. Where's my friggin' passport, apparently still 30C & sunny in New England despite a brief storm.

No, I don't have Tourette's so **** ###!!!

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well I am off to York and then Lincoln tomorrow till Friday and I can honestly say I am dreading it! My daughter and I are taking an old aunt for a break and hubby is watching the dog. My suitcase is double the size it should be for such a short trip but have to cover every eventuality weatherwise. I stopped short of packing the wellies (but will probably regret it!) Joe B is still talking frypan Olympics I see? I assume he is talking about the expected weather? it can be so hard to tell sometimes what with the Americanisms and his confusing style of writing.

Keep watching the news guys, if you happen to see a wee wumin' slung over a fireman's shoulder being rescued because of floods, pray to God it isn't me!!help.gif

Edited by Blitzen