Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

There is a wonderful discussion on the Farmersweekly Forums about the wet weather blues and it is countrywide except for the extreme east/ south east coast of England and the NW of Scotland and the Western Isles. Getting motivated to do inside jobs when the outside jobs are stacking up because of flooded fields seems to the most shared feeling. Very good therapy to go on there and have a good moan about the weather.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/jul/10/donald-trump-100m-golf-course

Who'd have this awful monster as a neighbour? So much for fairness and democracy in Scotland when it seems that vast amounts of money can buy you whatever you fancy. <blood boils>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

http://www.guardian....00m-golf-course

Who'd have this awful monster as a neighbour? So much for fairness and democracy in Scotland when it seems that vast amounts of money can buy you whatever you fancy. <blood boils>

As I understand it, Mr Trump is extremely unhappy with democracy in Scotland; couldn't buy his way out of an R&D windfarm offshore from his prized golf course, as apparently originally promised by Lord/Baron McConnell of Glenscorrodale, ex-leader of the 'working man's' (ahem) party in Scotland...wink.png Anyhoo, wrong thread....

<crossed fingers> Sun out here this morning (Brittany). Some cloud around, but sat pics and head out the window analyses suggests Clan SS might be able to grab a few hours at the beach </crossed fingers>

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Made it to the beach today for a few hours. ~20C and mainly blue skies but rather windy, however with a wind shelter thingy it was ok. Didn't go for a dip, but mini miss SS went in; clear sign of scottish blood in her.

....Glad you are enjoying your holiday SS - lovely part of the world. As you say food and wine and plenty to see and do whatever the weather. Enjoy! I off in a couple of weeks though cruising a bit further south this year. cant wait, whatever the weather.

Aye - nice even if the weather isn't at its best. If you are going further south you should be ok - head for the med if you want the sun it seems.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

12C and rain most of the day. Utter b011ox. Need beer, now.

Here you go. I've plenty in the fridge.

heineken.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Usually tend to accept the weather fir what it is, but crikey! Is it possible to get SAD in the summer months? Don't think I've been exposed to direct sunlight for over a week.

Having read that the poor weather were getting is due to the jet stream having dived south, who normally gets this awful muck for weeks On end? Is this what Norway has to suffer each June and July?!

Posted

Is this what Norway has to suffer each June and July?!

Yes, every year! They Lettuceing hate it but so do the tourists so that's no all bad laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning all. The sun is actually shing here! 13.oC after a cool niight. Lots to do in the garden today but I have to confess I am not very enthusiastic. All of my peony roses have just rotted in bud due to lack of sun and too much water I think. Quite a sad state of affairs really, looking around the garden. Still, looking at the radar, I wouldn't wish to be in the southwest today!....

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

Still overcast with occasional showers,currently 13c,hope seeing GP on the model thread is a hopeful sign for more settled weather

Had the contractor/farmer who is going to bale/wrap some more silage for us as soon as we get a few dry days in yesterday for a bit of therapy. Everyone in the farming community is totally fed up.

Posted

Proper celtic weather here in Brittany today; cloud and rain.

So, went to Oceanopolis in Brest to see the sharks etc. Really good - like Deep Sea World Queensferry but 4 times the size.

Anyhoo, flying back to Scotland this Sunday. Hope all the rain has not eroded away Chateau SS in my absence.

Posted

The sun came out today...............for a few minutes (before it clouded over again) and really felt very chilly. Skies oddly enough seem to be clearing a little mow

Posted

Got a couple of minutes of late sun yesterday otherwise just grey nothingness. Maybe better today?

Ensembles for Scotland seem to be showing a slightly warmer picture in the medium term although not convinced as there's still a lot of noise in the machine.

Off out to play with my wee flying friends <insert wild-eyed head-scratching red-faced smiley>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If the weather up there is anywhere near as dire as it was in 2007, light boxes will be shining out of every window!

Posted

If the weather up there is anywhere near as dire as it was in 2007, light boxes will be shining out of every window!

Like so? Come in a choice of scenes....

window-hanging-optical-illusion.jpg

Here's italian countryside:

ae9389ce1bfc532c88bec6da9371df09.jpg

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Nah, I prefer:

Summer.....

Aye, there's no more beautiful a place, particularly when the sun does finally decide to appear.

Last day in Brittany and it rained all day. Good warm up for flying back tae bonnie Scotland.

Posted

Aye, there's no more beautiful a place, particularly when the sun does finally decide to appear.

Last day in Brittany and it rained all day. Good warm up for flying back tae bonnie Scotland.

Wrong word that, 'warm'. Hardly seen 14C this week so you'll be needing acclimatisation for temps if not the ppn. It was so cold today the midges barely bothered pulling back their duvets. Then it rained as well...

Edit: experimental boozing: Chilean Gewurztraminer goes <pop> <unscrew noises>... will report later if it's not antifreeze!

Edit2: not antifreeze, just not really a patch on Alsatian versions, quite insipid really despite lots of alcohol. Just goes to show that there's no substitute for (how many?) hundreds of years of viticulture.

Cool tonight but the molluscs are out in force.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Finally in a field today scarifying neeps but being selective in the areas I was working on as even the light old tractor was sinking on occasion but at least the ground was drying up behind me. Saw a little bit of sun today but mostly overcast but no falling rain. Currently 11c with nice winter cloud sunset over the Firth as I left the field half an hour ago. Digger in today to create soakaways into the wood from a flooded farm track ,will have been worth it if we now get dryer weather.

Posted

At neeps again early this morning quite cool but dry at 9c. Good crop of mushrooms growing in the neep field on any exposed lumps of dung,never seen as many before,wet summer again.

See its quite warm in Greenland, nature likes balance so we are cold and I see there is still a very visible from here a south facing patch of snow on Ben Wyvis. which is fairly late for that mountain.

All crops are about 2 weeks behind and I wonder if late sown May crops will ever mature properly because of the cold summer

Edited by Northernlights