Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 27th June 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I have 8 videos. Can't believe that. Im still shaking. Ace what the weather can do to one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

I seem to be having a charmed life at the moment which I am very thankful for , looks like I am going to miss the very worst of this he says with his finger toes and everythnig else possible crossed

Why be on a storm chat thread when its quite clear you hate them. I don't think you will find many here wishing them away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Why be on a storm chat thread when its quite clear you hate them. I don't think you will find many here wishing them away.

yeah true, but no location in profile? cant see the point in posting if location is not in profile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I can hear very faint rumbles already in Nottingham.

Surely there's no way it can miss here.

I'll try to get some good footage to upload. What I really want is still photos of CGs but it seems like that will be very difficult with this storm as it's high based and so much rain obscuring the lightning.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted

Looks like i'll be well placed for where I wanted to be in the next hour or so, outside of the main cell enough to see anything convective wise, but close enough not to miss out on any action. Ever darkening skies here tell their own story.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

this is a convective weather thread and not dedicated to one particular likes or dislikes I believe , if I am incorrect a mod can let me know and I will leave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Is that more storms developing in SW Wales now? Yes im being Greedy because we damn well deserve it!!! laugh.png

Edit, This Thunderstorm has had the effect of Snow by taking everyone off the roads! Its very quiet!

Yes,more storms are and will develop over Wales as the cold front initiates additional forcing and lifting...What we've experienced so far this morning is a pre-frontal trough which was forecasted, We are still under the influence of the plume and will be until the cold front passes through this afternoon, so expect more storms to fire, but these are likely to be surface based and more discrete (more scattered) so frequent cloud to ground lightning & possible tornadoes are expected in these storms,...See Nick Finnis's updated convective forecast..

Here in Penkridge, the main road (A449) is closed and the village centre is under water with shop fronts reporting flooding...not good sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

this is a convective weather thread and not dedicated to one particular likes or dislikes I believe , if I am incorrect a mod can let me know and I will leave

Agree there but where are you reporting from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

https://twitter.com/_abigailbateman/status/218277108294750208/photo/1

Pic of flooding from Twitter. Think it's from Birmingham.

Posted

Agree there but where are you reporting from?

From Bedworth just 5 miles north of Coventry

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes,more storms are and will develop over Wales as the cold front initiates additional forcing and lifting...What we've experienced so far this morning is a pre-frontal trough which was forecasted, We are still under the influence of the plume and will be until the cold front passes through this afternoon, so expect more storms to fire, but these are likely to be surface based and more discrete (more scattered) so frequent cloud to ground lightning & possible tornadoes are expected in these storms,...See Nick Finnis's updated convective forecast..

Here in Penkridge, the main road (A449) is closed and the village centre is under water with shop fronts reporting flooding...not good sad.png

Just to add to the post that in addition more storms/heavy showers will erupt along the outflow boundaries of the MCS (both to the NE & SW of the MCS) as clearing skies will initiate strong solar heating

Posted

Hurray

Flash and Bang. Half a mile away smile.png

Posted

and hearing distant rumbles but looking at radar possibly moving away

Posted

I can hear rumbling in the distance again seems to be comming this way from towards the SW...not showing on the radar though, apprantly a big empty space of nothing (check WV16)

Odd but I'll take it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

Welp, I think I'm off to sleep for a while, nothing going to happen here I reckon it's too far east and will continue to be for the rest of the day.

Edited by Hodr

Posted

Just to add to the post that in addition more storms/heavy showers will erupt along the outflow boundaries of the MCS (both to the NE & SW of the MCS) as clearing skies will initiate strong solar heating

So now that storm has passed here, its significantly brightened up, that could help cause more storms?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Just seen the flooding on the news, While we love storms it just reminds us that we all should stay safe today,

Posted

I can hear rumbling in the distance again seems to be comming this way from towards the SW...not showing on the radar though, apprantly a big empty space of nothing (check WV16)

Odd but I'll take it

It's a new cell firing along the outflow boundary of the MCS matey...exciting times! good.gif

Posted

So now that storm has passed here, its significantly brightened up, that could help cause more storms?

Most defo! Any surface heating we get will just add fuel to the fire.

Posted

Thunder here!! Light rain but have had to put the lights in its so dark!

Posted

as the general says in the bombadier ads...."Bang on!"...lol

Posted

It's a new cell firing along the outflow boundary of the MCS matey...exciting times! good.gif

Yup was just not showing on the radar for a couple of updates, its there now :D

We look like were going to be in the firing line most the day until the cold front passes. That system heading towards Hay-on-Wye looks like its tanking aim at us as long as it keeps firing!